The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who opted for fabric seats?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
I optioned the standard cloth (I think they look really nice) but when the Australian luxury car tax was avoided (thank you to the Australian INEOS tax advisers), I decided to use all of the savings on some extra options and a bit of luxury - leather for me.

25 years of driving on leather will continue

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I optioned the standard cloth (I think they look really nice) but when the Australian luxury car tax was avoided (thank you to the Australian INEOS tax advisers), I decided to use all of the savings on some extra options and a bit of luxury - leather for me.

25 years of driving on leather will continue
Leather for you?
Chaps?
What about leather for the Grenadier?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Leather for you?
Chaps?
What about leather for the Grenadier?
Some rich dude in a certain part of the world will spec alligator hide.
And someone will say "I kinda like it!"

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
I did go for the cloth thinking about heat, the "utility" vs luxury angle and that the fabric they would chose would be a fit for purpose. But now I'm wavering back to leather and having the option of putting on seat covers for outback touring if heat is an issue.
I haven't had a full cloth seat in the car for 30 years and while there may have been some wear marks and scratches the leather does stand up to abuse pretty well. As an aside the best non ventilated seats I've ever had were Alcantara/Leather.
If there would be the Alcantara (seating + back)/ leather (sides) option I would choose it without any doubt!

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve just been in touch with Ineos and asked about changing a few things like paint and seats. but they have the new prices on everything (including the Trialmaster) so it’s a little confusing calculating the actual final price. for a ball park idea I took $13030 off the total.
Anyone have a better way?
I also asked if the changes would bump my January build date.

@Shorty i looked up those seats covers. pretty fancy with buttoned pockets and leather trim too!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Regardless of material (I've hemmed and hawed but am leaning towards leather) I like the idea of seat covers. However, I also like a heated seat (lots of mornings here below 30F) but I doubt they'd heat up strong enough to feel through a heavy cover. Has any one driven a tester fitted with the offered covers?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did my first drive in the back seat as a passenger and was tossed about a fair bit
Next drive behind the wheel I was held firm by the seats
A Vegan may have a different experience but............
Yes. My daughter was in the back on my drive and filming.

She said it wasn't too bad but used the grab handles a bit.

Maybe your driver (wife?) was faster than me!!

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
MrM. Have you driven the Grenny with those beautiful body hugging recaro's??
I have, in utility trim, I'm also in a hot climate so leather doesn't work for me also unless they are cooled which they are not.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve just been in touch with Ineos and asked about changing a few things like paint and seats. but they have the new prices on everything (including the Trialmaster) so it’s a little confusing calculating the actual final price. for a ball park idea I took $13030 off the total.
Anyone have a better way?
I also asked if the changes would bump my January build date.

@Shorty i looked up those seats covers. pretty fancy with buttoned pockets and leather trim too!
Ineos followed up and said they’d passed on my paint and seat change requests to the relevant department, pricing would stay the same as before The rise. And because they were minor changes shouldn’t impact the build date. 😀

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to mitigate hot leather with bright seat covers or had such covers on leather at all?
Does it make a difference in the summer?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to mitigate hot leather with bright seat covers or had such covers on leather at all?
Does it make a difference in the summer?
If I can't park in the shade on a hot day I put up a foldable windscreen sunshield & that usually stops most of the sun hitting the dash/seat backs.

Back
Top Bottom