The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who opted for fabric seats?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
When I have water coming into the cab up to the steering wheel which will be better cloth or leather?

Water "up to the steering wheel" will probably be a problem beyond the leather/fabric question.

I think, Dave had the right answer for this case:
A plastic bucket or a bilge pump

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Think I'd rather sit on whale foreskin

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Think I'd rather sit on whale foreskin
I think my whale penis skin accessories might be catching on 😂

I don’t know much about synthetic leather but it doesn’t sound like my cup of tea.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
"Vegan Leather".

:rolleyes:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It reminds me on the commercial spot I saw a hour ago. Vegan bacon…
I stopped in at Clarksons "diddley squat farm" shop on the way back from picking up a trailer yesterday. Bought some Bacon, it was bloody fantastic. Couldn't help but think Bacon sold by a massive petrol head is probably the polar opposite of 'vegan bacon'

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I see the Vegan terrorists were out in several places in the UK at the weekend. Pouring milk all over supermarkets and splashing paint over the front of country sports shops in London.

They believe everyone should be on a plant based food diet.

Having seen vegan leather, they are welcome to it.

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve opted for the added waterproof seat covers. Intended for just the rear seats where I transport dirty items due to dogs being in the back, but Ineos has included the front seats. OK but I wonder if that will slow the heating of the front seats, having ordered heated front seats. Don’t want to change the order in case I lose my place in the queue.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Remember:

Irrespective of any changes you have previously advised INEOS since your initial order, (and many of us have), INEOS will only "process" these changes from the order as part of the contract signing phase.

At this point INEOS should advise you whether the change you wish to make will have any impact on your place in the production queue, and then you say yes or no to the change.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cheshire cat userid=8997814 postid=1332924572]Ordered my Grenadier SW with cloth seats. (Heated). Anyone wanting to chip in and convince me of the leather option?
I'm the opposite...tropical climate, so seats which are connected to the aircon to pump cool air through the seat base would be very welcome if they were available!!
so I opted for the standard seats... I had leather in my old P38 Rangie and I must admit that if I remembered to "feed" them twice a year with leather conditioner they were very comfortable in hot weather provided a microfibre towel was placed over them....
[/QUOTE]

A/C seats are AMAZING! I’m a sweater and my back gets nasty when I drive anything that doesn’t have A/C seats. I bought an F150 back in 2010 and it came with the ventilated seats - my typical reaction was “who the hell needs that.” Well the answer is me! My other F150s had them and my current GMC does too - it’s the one thing I really wish the IG had available.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe a si. Ple mesh seat would achieve the same at lower cost, weight & complexity?

ProTEK_MESH_SEAT_coyote_1.jpg

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Fabric here. Impressed with the quality on the PT02 prototype I saw.

Whole family prefers fabric to leather. Hot climate, car will be used around coast/ beach.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fabric seats are more comfortable than leather in general, I have ordered the Fieldmaster that comes with leather, I was a bit sceptical but on my test drive I got to sit in one and it’s real proper leather that smells like leather which is rare in a car so I’m now happy with the leather option. My Tesla has “vegan leather” or vinyl seats as I would call them which is a long way from real leather and fabric would definitely be much nicer.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My current Disco has light brown - perforated leather heated electric adjustable seats. They need regular treatment, (once / twice a year) - as well as steering wheel. In general they re quite comfortable. - I have a seat cover when I am in Outdoor cloth - like offered here (from ES.. in example) The leather in the disco in my opinion - in particular when perforated is less rugged than the leather seats in Fieldmaster. I d' choose classic black leather ones. - Easy to maintain. In the past I had cloth seats. With kids in the rear - spilled drinks etc.. and get this out from seats was ugly - (Okay that was long 20+ ys ago - but the impression and the cleaning work after is still in my mind) I do never sit with shorts in a car. - Going outdoor is always long pants - insulated if could but always sufficently protecting agains may thorns, biting / stinging insects, and other nasties. So - I decided to go with leather mostly because of easy treatment - and I am now used to it. The leather on Recaro seems pretty rugged.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fabric for me. having now sat in both leather and cloth, the latter all the way. The sad thing is that cloth was not an option in the FM, so I spec’d up a sw. all up, it’s about £2400 cheaper than the FM for the loss of a few cm’s of rear leg room.

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
I have gone with the cloth seats and plan to get these black duck canvas seat covers to go over them. I have them in my current ute and my work ute. They are easy to clean and very comfortable.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have gone with the cloth seats and plan to get these black duck canvas seat covers to go over them. I have them in my current ute and my work ute. They are easy to clean and very comfortable.
I was tempted to get the leather seats but putting seat covers on seems to defeat the purpose. Except for keeping them perfect for possible resale down the track.
but if I did get covers the Black Duck are a top choice.

pt888

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did go for the cloth thinking about heat, the "utility" vs luxury angle and that the fabric they would chose would be a fit for purpose. But now I'm wavering back to leather and having the option of putting on seat covers for outback touring if heat is an issue.
I haven't had a full cloth seat in the car for 30 years and while there may have been some wear marks and scratches the leather does stand up to abuse pretty well. As an aside the best non ventilated seats I've ever had were Alcantara/Leather.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did go for the cloth thinking about heat, the "utility" vs luxury angle and that the fabric they would chose would be a fit for purpose. But now I'm wavering back to leather and having the option of putting on seat covers for outback touring if heat is an issue.
I haven't had a full cloth seat in the car for 30 years and while there may have been some wear marks and scratches the leather does stand up to abuse pretty well. As an aside the best non ventilated seats I've ever had were Alcantara/Leather.
Leather should stand up to it
Animals wear it on the outside in hot dry, wet & dusty conditions
Even in the bush

Back
Top Bottom