The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

When is the Model Year Change Over?

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
I have a build estimate of 3rd Quarter. I assume that would make it a 2025 instead of 2024? Beyond improving some known defect issues, and some things already added to the 2024 changes, do you think any other small tweaks will occur for the 2025 MY?

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Almost certainly a MY2025 build. I'm sure somebody with far more expertise will chime in but I bet the design is locked in for 4-5+ years. I'm sure they don't want to spend any more money on the R&D especially as they're focusing on the rollout of the Quartermaster/Hydrogen. They'll fix some of the niggling items that have popped up with the series 1 and probably make continuing improvements to the software. I hope you get an egress handle on the drivers side. A simple addition that would help tremendously if you don't get the sidesteps.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Given that for MY24 the changeover started in September, I would expect similar for MY25.

I doubt there will be anything significant changes for MY25, perhaps alteration of some options

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Something like a grab handle is the type of thing I might expect. But you never know what other developments might come along. Since I doubt they will ever do a major facelift, I have a feeling this will follow the Arleigh Burke slow upgrade model regularly then the Zumwalt, burn all your money at once and pray it works model :LOL:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I doubt the grab handle would be an addition... Like Toyota and other brands, it's only offered on the passenger side... Toyota actually removed the driver's side unit on their vehicles in the mid/late 2010 refreshes.

Easy enough to just order the pillar from a RHD model and bolt it in place

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Easy enough to just order the pillar from a RHD model and bolt it in place
True. But they want like $350 for all the bits. That’s about as nutty as it gets.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
I have a build estimate of 3rd Quarter. I assume that would make it a 2025 instead of 2024? Beyond improving some known defect issues, and some things already added to the 2024 changes, do you think any other small tweaks will occur for the 2025 MY?
Bound to be, otherwise they couldn't call it a new 2025 MY, it would be just a continuation - not good marketing

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Given that for MY24 the changeover started in September, I would expect similar for MY25.

I doubt there will be anything significant changes for MY25, perhaps alteration of some options
I need to double check, but I think my MY24 was manufactured in August of 23.

That may just be an anomaly of being a first year NAS build.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to admit, I would loose my mind with out the grab handle on the Power Wagon. Very helpful. Then again, my 1996 Montero is super high off the ground and I get by somehow when I use it.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score

Yeah I'm a 2024 with an 8/23 build. The date is on the black sticker in the driver's door.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
My build is 9/23 and picked up this week. My lifted Jeep dosen’t have a grab handle but has a steering wheel. Works fine. The Grenadier does have the handle on the roof if you need it. Not sure the angst about this?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Crazier things have happened. My MY1995 RRC LWB was built in May ‘94.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
I doubt the grab handle would be an addition... Like Toyota and other brands, it's only offered on the passenger side... Toyota actually removed the driver's side unit on their vehicles in the mid/late 2010 refreshes.

The driver grab handle is back on the new 2024 LC250. There's also vertical grab handles for the rear seats plus a few other bits missing from the Grenadier.

Back
Top Bottom