The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas What is your petrol US gal mpg?

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
I made a post to ask about fuel economy of the Grenadier and his response was to show how low his LR economy is, how he considers that fine, and doesn’t whine about it. I meant what I said. If he can’t read the title and instead just wants to be annoying then he can go make his own thread.
Well, he certainly was not annoying to the rest of us and certainly not even bothersome enough to make a comment about his LR fuel economy. Give it a break.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
Well, he certainly was not annoying to the rest of us and certainly not even bothersome enough to make a comment about his LR fuel economy. Give it a break
What’s that got to do with me or the thread I started to ask my question?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You have posted a few snippy remarks that really were not called for nor needed. Besides, you do not own the thread....
Thank you for your judgment. Anything else or you done?

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for your judgment. Anything else or you done?
Brother, like a lot of things in life, it’s not what you said, it’s how you said it.

I like to start with the idea that we’re all friends here and have at least one thing in common, our interest in the Grenadier. With that thought in mind, I wouldn’t communicate with a friend in the way you have.

I get when a thread goes OT it could be annoying but you know that’s totally normal in any thread. Maybe you’re just a grumpy old bastard, but you can’t be all bad if you’re from Texas😂😂🤙🤙

Carry on…🫡

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I get 21mpg (imperial) around town with 3000mls in the clock…..
Left side brain wishes I could remove the lead from my right foot, right side cannot stop grinning……
So that’s like 18mpg US I think. Not bad for driving a square box with a heavy right foot, and newly broken-in engine😂😂

My ‘23 Defender started at @16mpg/US and has slowly started getting better. I’m at 19mpg lately.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reviving this thread as I took delivery yesterday and filled my first tank of gas. With mixed highway, local, and decent amount of idling in the car line to pick up my kids, I averaged 15mpg with winter blend gasoline in the United States. Not bad considering the engine isn't broken in yet! With time I believe I will get 17mpg in the winter and perhaps 18+mpg in the summer on average.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
The OP asks for US MPG, yet all we get is L/100 and imperial MPG. What is wrong with you lot? Cannot even do a conversion by yourself using easily available conversion apps or just google it.

I am going to say I get (as an Australian), in city travel without hitting the gas very hard, 17 US MPG. This will go to 14-15 MPG without much effort if you want to match that guy next to you, who is having a go, at the lights.
Haven’t done enough highway miles yet.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The OP asks for US MPG, yet all we get is L/100 and imperial MPG. What is wrong with you lot? Cannot even do a conversion by yourself using easily available conversion apps or just google it.

I am going to say I get (as an Australian), in city travel without hitting the gas very hard, 17 US MPG. This will go to 14-15 MPG without much effort if you want to match that guy next to you, who is having a go, at the lights.
Haven’t done enough highway miles yet.
How could you possibly get US MPG - you’re in Australia! Seriously man. Stay out of the discussion.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After 800 miles my average is right at 18mpg. This is about 50/50 interstate and around town.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like we're all arriving at a similar high-teens spot for the US petrol engines. There was a debate whether Ineos was underpromising on their official ratings because we were comparing to the BMW X7 figures and 15 seemed way too low. Forgot to mention I have Duelers and not the KO2s.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
On my trip home from the dealer, went through one full tank of gas, all highway. Averaged 75mph, though I did constantly vary the speed from 65 to 85 because of break-in.
Computer said 16.6 mpg.
Calculator at the pump said 13.8 mpg.

I performed the fill-up both at the start and the end of the tank.

Not good. Hopefully between a new vehicle and a sample size of one tank, this will improve.
Might get better milage in town than highway due to having the aerodynamics of a coke machine.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
Not petrol, mine is powered by the fuel of the devil (DIESEL). My last 300 miles has dropped to 21.5 MPG. (Imperial Gallons). Must mean Petrol Grenadiers must be 19 MPG.

Back
Top Bottom