The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas What is your petrol US gal mpg?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
There's plenty out there now.
Plenty of vehicles, yes, but you're not going to find accurate data for the US styles of driving (we have a wider variety of speeds, traffic, and traffic patterns than much of what you'll find in average European driving, and we love short drives).

I'm assuming that not a ton of people are closely monitoring their fuel economy, possibly because they don't care or possibly because the vehicles are still new and only recently broken in.

For posterity, I'm guessing the EPA rating will be 16MPG city and 19MPG highway in the US

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
There's plenty out there now.
I have a diesel version and I read on here how some people get 5mpg more than me and others get 5 mpg less. I don’t see what more you can ask for. You will likely get better than the brochure tells you but not by much.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
I have a diesel version and I read on here how some people get 5mpg more than me and others get 5 mpg less. I don’t see what more you can ask for. You will likely get better than the brochure tells you but not by much.
Individual driving style and location has more impact on fuel consumption than basic vehicle configuration.
As you say 3 different drivers can get a wide swing of figures in the same vehicle.
My current Mercedes varies from a worst case of 23L/100km ( 10.2 USMPG or 12.28 IMP MPG) to a best case of 4.2 L/100 (56 USMPG or 67 IMP MPG)
Typically on the motorway with cruise control on around 4.6 to 4.7
As the Grenadier is around 2.9 tonnes the biggest impact on fuel consumption rests in the right foot and between the ears of the driver.

I should also add that I always drive in sport or manual mode, never in economy, and always with suspension in dynamic and stop start turned off.

1690134075292.png

Last edited:

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
Measured each time over 100 km stretches:
Highway @ 90 kph => 12.3 L/100km
Highway @ 100 kph => 12.7 L/100km
Highway @ 110 kph => 13.2 L/100km
Highway @ 120 kph => 13.7 L/100km
Highway @ 130 kph => 14.5 L/100km
Secondary roads limited to 80 kph and regular stops => 13.7 L/100km
The IG petrol( B58) has 2.000 km on the clock so not yet broken in. The highway consumptions based on speedo speed and always for a minimal trip of 120 km

Hope it’ll improve a bit but I wanted to know asap what kind of consumption I was looking at. Vehicle loaded with 2 adults, 2 kids and luggage for a week.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Plenty of vehicles, yes, but you're not going to find accurate data for the US styles of driving (we have a wider variety of speeds, traffic, and traffic patterns than much of what you'll find in average European driving, and we love short drives).

I'm assuming that not a ton of people are closely monitoring their fuel economy, possibly because they don't care or possibly because the vehicles are still new and only recently broken in.

For posterity, I'm guessing the EPA rating will be 16MPG city and 19MPG highway in the US
I’ve been thinking 18/15 myself so we’re in the same ballpark.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
i dont understand you
@FlyingTexan
Translated from English to English:

OK Ill chip in for a petrol
Here's my personal observation for my gasoline powered Grenadier:

not run in
Not completed the initial engine break-in period, (so the engine may be tight)

26 on motorway in top gear for 200 miles
26 MPG Imperial in 8th gear for a distance of 200 miles (as in, driving on the highway / motorway)

sorry thats imperial
Not US gallons.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well.... what more I could ask for would be more data points.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Measured each time over 100 km stretches:
Highway @ 90 kph => 12.3 L/100km. =
Highway @ 100 kph => 12.7 L/100km
Highway @ 110 kph => 13.2 L/100km
Highway @ 120 kph => 13.7 L/100km
Highway @ 130 kph => 14.5 L/100km
Secondary roads limited to 80 kph and regular stops => 13.7 L/100km
The IG petrol( B58) has 2.000 km on the clock so not yet broken in. The highway consumptions based on speedo speed and always for a minimal trip of 120 km

Hope it’ll improve a bit but I wanted to know asap what kind of consumption I was looking at. Vehicle loaded with 2 adults, 2 kids and luggage for a week.
55 mph = 19.1
62 mph = 18.5
68 mph = 17.8
75 mph = 17.2
80 mph = 16.2

Thanks! Good data.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just a MPG reference, and saying I’m not going to cry and whine about it.
I never asked you in the first place and your MPG reference has nothing to do with the Grenadier or why I made the post. Good for you on not whining. In bold at the top it says what the topic of this thread is. If you'd like to talk about yourself and your LR go make your own post.

Local time
Reaction score
I never asked you in the first place and your MPG reference has nothing to do with the Grenadier or why I made the post. Good for you on not whining. In bold at the top it says what the topic of this thread is. If you'd like to talk about yourself and your LR go make your own post.
Son, you probably want to step out of the sun for a bit.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Chill…geez. It’s a forum, people talk about stuff, threads go off topic, people disagree, but there’s no need to be so unpleasant and short with fellow members here.

You do ask a good question though and I’m curious as to what we can expect as well.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Chill…geez. It’s a forum, people talk about stuff, threads go off topic, people disagree, but there’s no need to be so unpleasant and short with fellow members here.

You do ask a good question though and I’m curious as to what we can expect as well.
Hi Jiman. Look back through this thread and you should get a good indication on mpg.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jiman. Look back through this thread and you should get a good indication on mpg.
I definitely have 😁...I’m hope more will report in as they get their trucks. TBH, even if it’s the generically quoted the 15mpg that’s in the marketing literature, I’m still getting one as long as the infrastructure/support issues don’t become a hinderance 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I definitely have 😁...I’m hope more will report in as they get their trucks. TBH, even if it’s the generically quoted the 15mpg that’s in the marketing literature, I’m still getting one as long as the infrastructure/support issues don’t become a hinderance 🤞🏻🤞🏻
It really is a very nice truck. 3000 enjoyable miles in mine so far including 750 miles in one day. Could have driven further if I had further to go. 😊

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I made a post to ask about fuel economy of the Grenadier and his response was to show how low his LR economy is, how he considers that fine, and doesn’t whine about it. I meant what I said. If he can’t read the title and instead just wants to be annoying then he can go make his own thread.

Back
Top Bottom