The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What is a Grenadier?

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
I had a friend ask me what was my new auto…and to be candid, I don’t know if it’s British, French, or Bavarian? What’s the answer?, EU?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a friend ask me what was my new auto…and to be candid, I don’t know if it’s British, French, or Bavarian? What’s the answer?, EU?
Tough question - British-owned company, engineered in Austria and Germany, built in France with legitimately global suppliers.

I haven't been asked this yet (since I have yet to get my truck) but this could be a very interesting thread.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tough question - British-owned company, engineered in Austria and Germany, built in France with legitimately global suppliers.

I haven't been asked this yet (since I have yet to get my truck) but this could be a very interesting thread.
See my dilemma?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score

All you can say is it was conceived in a pub called the Grenadier, in Belgravia London

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Our description was always that it is a multi-national European vehicle from a British company, and like @Krabby said, British/Austrian/German/French.

I guess the bottom line is that Ineos is a British company; they just happen to be very open about the design and engineering process, so we know what the background is.

Stellantis is technically a Dutch company made up of a merger between an Italian/American company and a French company that builds vehicles in globally. Taking the RAM as an example here, it is built in Mexico.... But when people ask what a Ram truck is, it is simply American.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Our description was always that it is a multi-national European vehicle from a British company, and like @Krabby said, British/Austrian/German/French.

I guess the bottom line is that Ineos is a British company; they just happen to be very open about the design and engineering process, so we know what the background is.

Stellantis is technically a Dutch company made up of a merger between an Italian/American company and a French company that builds vehicles in globally. Taking the RAM as an example here, it is built in Mexico.... But when people ask what a Ram truck is, it is simply American.
Sounds complicated. I’m just appreciating your effort.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
What's a Volvo , Jaguar etc.
The days of vehicles being conceived, designed and built in one country using components constructed and fashioned by local oompah loompahs are long over 🙂

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The majority of the parts are actually German, then UK, then French.

Engine and Trans are German.

1705523744369.png

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The days of vehicles being conceived, designed and built in one country using components constructed and fashioned by local oompah loompahs are long over 🙂
not to be flippant, but Volvos are considered Swedish and and Jaguars are considered British...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
not to be flippant, but Volvos are considered Swedish and and Jaguars are considered British...
My wife's Volvo was built in China and people are quick to tell us this fact.
Even though it's irrelevant. 2 years with it and not a single issue.
Jaguars British? Not in my mind.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife's Volvo was built in China and people are quick to tell us this fact.
Even though it's irrelevant. 2 years with it and not a single issue.
Jaguars British? Not in my mind.
I guess Nissan are US and Volvos are Chinese and Jessie Smollet is they...i loose. Someone save me!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Yes Volvo was Swedish and is Chinese now, and one of the biggest plants of Volvo is in Ghent, Belgium at less than 4km from where I was raised (Oostakker)! I think it was even the biggest Volvo plant of the world during some years.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
Volvo = Chinese owned, but accepted as Swedish.

Jaguar = Indian owned, but accepted as British.

Ineos = British owned, and is accepted as British?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Jean-Claude Van Damme is definitely Belgian
And Hercule Poirot is Belgian , but invented for sociopolitical reasons by a wealthy Englishwoman (who never owned a football team in England or any other country).
As for Tintin, he drove cars from several countries. But I digress...

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My 2015 Volvo XC70 was a Ford designed, Swedish built, Chinese owned car.
It had the Ford 3.0 I-6 turbo, Chinese redesigned digital dash and the most comfortable swedish seats ever made.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s weird, I think I sometimes associate vehicles with their legacy identity. That is, despite being owned by an Indian corporation, I still think of JLR as British. Oddly though, I don’t think of Mini as being British anymore. Regardless of where they’re made I always consider Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc as Japanese companies and Audi, BMW, VW, and MB as German. I know lots of US big three vehicles aren’t made here (many in CA and MX) but GM & Ford are American in my mind. Chrysler/Dodge and the Stellantis mess - I just don’t know what to make of that.

Which leads back to the OP - Le Germish?

Back
Top Bottom