The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sunvisor mirror - Anyone bought one?

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a Sunvisor mirror with lights from Amazon/Ebay? My wife wants one put on. I looked at what’s for sale and I don’t like the look of the ones that have the elastic strap going around the visor. The one that have a clip appeal to me, but given how hard the visors are, I don’t know if it would stay attached.

Any insight from anyone that has bought one?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
I bought one. It’s a bit crap and isn’t too bright. But you get what you pay for - it was cheap.

AMAZON

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
I bought one. It’s a bit crap and isn’t too bright. But you get what you pay for - it was cheap.

AMAZON
Never thought I would be looking in the Pep Boys accessories isle for a sun visor mirror for my $85K vehicle. Everything looks to be a bit crap. Kind of like a built in sun visor mirror is pretty much standard on every new car sold in the world.

Reactions: jwb

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Never thought I would be looking in the Pep Boys accessories isle for a sun visor mirror for my $85K vehicle. Everything looks to be a bit crap. Kind of like a built in sun visor mirror is pretty much standard on every new car sold in the world.
Apparently no visor mirror was a nonnegotiable directive from SJR himself!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a Sunvisor mirror with lights from Amazon/Ebay? My wife wants one put on. I looked at what’s for sale and I don’t like the look of the ones that have the elastic strap going around the visor. The one that have a clip appeal to me, but given how hard the visors are, I don’t know if it would stay attached.

Hi BilllLumberg, Rob from OverLandGearGuy.com designed a visor mirror for me and posted in on his website. At first he was using black elastic straps, however he has since found an elastic webbing in a lighter grey that does not contrast as much. He will be posting new photos up on his website in the next few days. The ones currently showing through the link below still showing the black contrast elastic webbing. I ordered a set with the lighter webbing color and should have them in a couple days. DaBull

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score

Fixed an adhesive rear one from Amazon on day one, still sticking. Mind you it is not "loaded" not like the small sticky nets that only lasted to day two because I put our mobile phones in

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
😀

To be fair, the cup holders are fine (at least for me in the UK) and maybe I’ve been lucky but the heating is pretty toasty. The mirror + sockets just make it a fun project vehicle. My advice, get the mirror in advance and slip it on before she notices the lack of one. 🤞

Robert Shields

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

It is very boring that there is no mirror or light. For those of us with Contact lenses it is unacceptable

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently no visor mirror was a nonnegotiable directive from SJR himself!
So was the stupid toot button and the lack of a heated steering wheel.

Tells me the man spends too much time in warm locations riding his bike and doesn't have a woman.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like the minimal sun visor size, and we have never used a visor mirror.

🤷‍♂️

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
So was the stupid toot button and the lack of a heated steering wheel.

Tells me the man spends too much time in warm locations riding his bike and doesn't have a woman.
Tells me the man has $30B in his back pocket and takes his DD BMW/MB/Rolls/etc when he needs a Sunvisor mirror. Only takes the IG when he is off road . Didn’t consider the people using as the both. But, of course he is the one that spent $1.5B+ of his own money. As my dad always told me, the man with the money makes the plans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom