The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What tester are you using on your Grenadier?

karoja

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I have been having conflicting information on the tester to be used on the vehicle. On one side, a very trustworthy source has informed me that you need a tester provided by Ineos for electrical system and motor, and on the other side, a dealer informed me that any off-the rack tester will do. Your insights, please.

Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I have been having conflicting information on the tester to be used on the vehicle. On one side, a very trustworthy source has informed me that you need a tester provided by Ineos for electrical system and motor, and on the other side, a dealer informed me that any off-the rack tester will do. Your insights, please.
Good Morning / Afternoon,
I have been having the same question, as we are in Turks & Caicos with no support, and have a few issues, only one key works, the air bag light remains ON, it has a weird battery drain etc, etc. I really wish someone will shed some light on the matter

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
I believe others have used this tool to read and dismiss fault codes:

If you have more serious issues you will need to transport the vehicle to a dealer location or find a willing mechanic.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
Good Morning / Afternoon,
I have been having the same question, as we are in Turks & Caicos with no support, and have a few issues, only one key works, the air bag light remains ON, it has a weird battery drain etc, etc. I really wish someone will shed some light on the matter
Only one key works is because when the software update is done at the dealer. It needs to be done with both keys present, otherwise the spare key does not start the car. Take it back they can reprogram the key.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
I believe others have used this tool to read and dismiss fault codes:

If you have more serious issues you will need to transport the vehicle to a dealer location or find a willing mechanic.
Hang on… first I’ve heard of a device that will clear fault codes. Can you point us toward a source?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Several OBD scan tools will report live data and fault codes. I found the Grenadier information screens offered the same detail as my Foxwell scan tool wrt active faults. Yet to find a tool that will clear fault codes although I may be corrected in this thread.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
I’ve only experienced the engine check light after 3 fuel refills.
The power steering error disappeared after a restart.

This one cleared the engine check light fault code - Obdlink Mx+
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...=2ahUKEwi504r22-mFAxUT3skDHYOwCUQQ0Qx6BAgHEAE
I haven’t gotten any other fault codes yet.
I think just about every time that I've cleared the refuel check engine, I then get the power steering error that goes away at restart.
And, my super cheap 20yr old OBD2 code reader clears the codes just like on any other car I've owned.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it was @[ Adam ] that used one on his initial US cross country trip. I can't seem to type his handle correctly so I linked his member page below.

I did - I want to clear up some confusion though. It looks like ROW vehicles (and perhaps Australia specifically) CANNOT clear codes with a (or most) consumer OBD2 readers. NAS spec vehicles CAN.

There's a lot of confusion about this and it seems like it may deserve a sticky or *something* @anand

Robert Pepper, Automotive Journalist, has posted on his Patreon that he is making inquiries w/the local folks at Ineos AUS to determine whats what. I'd encourage our AUS members to join up as he's making some great content right now - https://www.patreon.com/L2SFBC

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did - I want to clear up some confusion though. It looks like ROW vehicles (and perhaps Australia specifically) CANNOT clear codes with a (or most) consumer OBD2 readers. NAS spec vehicles CAN.

There's a lot of confusion about this and it seems like it may deserve a sticky or *something* @anand

Robert Pepper, Automotive Journalist, has posted on his Patreon that he is making inquiries w/the local folks at Ineos AUS to determine whats what. I'd encourage our AUS members to join up as he's making some great content right now - https://www.patreon.com/L2SFBC
Are these firmwares regioned? How interesting. Thanks!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are these firmwares regioned? How interesting. Thanks!
Firmwares specific to the infotainment are specific to the model year, the MY24s use different revisions than the MY23s.

I'm not sure about DME part numbers or CAN gateways though

Parkside

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I used OBD!ink Mx+ to clear the gas fill code today.
It will not clear the permanent code, just the active one. It did throw that power steering code but it went away on start up.

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I used OBD!ink Mx+ to clear the gas fill code today.
It will not clear the permanent code, just the active one. It did throw that power steering code but it went away on start up.
Did you see where this tool will also reset the service interval once service done when looking through menus? Guess I have to buy one to reset check engine after adding fuel, LOL - so may as well get one that does other things.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you see where this tool will also reset the service interval once service done when looking through menus? Guess I have to buy one to reset check engine after adding fuel, LOL - so may as well get one that does other things.
Nothing is available on the market currently that resets the service interval

Back
Top Bottom