The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
I just had my first test drive with a car I already paid😀
It’s been great and I still have a manic grin on my face 😬
You might not need to run-in the engine and the transfer case but in my opinion it is a good idea Tobruk yourself in to the Grenadier. It took me some km to get used to it but after 10 km I already felt relaxed. Nevertheless I will- as soon as I really have it- drive it carefully for the first 1.000 km.
Audio has been good enough for me. Phonecall at 95 km/h showed that my wife didn’t realise I was in a car 👍
Beside the fact that I love my colour I do not regret the carpet flooring neither. I put in som pictures of the car, the carpet and the Darian emax gap. It’s not an issue at my one.
Will get a cold beer from the local brewery (Einbeck) now
Cheers!
It says to RUN It in in the manual .

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
You might not need to run-in the engine and the transfer case but in my opinion it is a good idea Tobruk yourself in to the Grenadier. It took me some km to get used to it but after 10 km I already felt relaxed. Nevertheless I will- as soon as I really have it- drive it carefully for the first 1.000 km.
Audio has been good enough for me. Phonecall at 95 km/h showed that my wife didn’t realise I was in a car 👍
Beside the fact that I love my colour I do not regret the carpet flooring neither. I put in som pictures of the car, the carpet and the Darian emax gap. It’s not an issue at my one.
Cheers!
Congratulations
Nice

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7809498

my dealer told me that there’s no BMW engine which really has to be run in. I will do it anyway.
You’re really running the drive train and brakes in and prudently driving during the first 500 miles is not a hassle really. What’d be the point of blasting it out of the showroom.. leave that to the boy racers.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
With some motorcycles, there is the advice that you should within the first kilometer run the engine as hot as possible, as soon as it is warm. That means high revs!

The reason for this is allegedly that the nickel and silicon carbide coating of the cylinders (if the engine in question has them) immediately takes on an optimal molecular structure, which is beneficial for the durability and surface finish of the cylinder walls.

I have not verified this statement. And I hesitate to follow this advice. But perhaps someone else has heard something similar or can shed some more light on this matter. It would definitely be worth an extra thread.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You might not need to run-in the engine and the transfer case but in my opinion it is a good idea To run yourself in to the Grenadier. It took me some km to get used to it but after 10 km I already felt relaxed. Nevertheless I will- as soon as I really have it- drive it carefully for the first 1.000 km.
Cheers!
Fantastic news. Beautiful colour too.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You might not need to run-in the engine and the transfer case but in my opinion it is a good idea To run yourself in to the Grenadier. It took me some km to get used to it but after 10 km I already felt relaxed. Nevertheless I will- as soon as I really have it- drive it carefully for the first 1.000 km.
Cheers!
SWEET as a nut! That carpet does bring the interior up I must say!

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
With some motorcycles, there is the advice that you should within the first kilometer run the engine as hot as possible, as soon as it is warm. That means high revs!

The reason for this is allegedly that the nickel and silicon carbide coating of the cylinders (if the engine in question has them) immediately takes on an optimal molecular structure, which is beneficial for the durability and surface finish of the cylinder walls.

I have not verified this statement. And I hesitate to follow this advice. But perhaps someone else has heard something similar or can shed some more light on this matter. It would definitely be worth an extra thread.
Just follow the factory directions. Simple.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nice, you may not have been the first owner, but you could well have been the first (apart from our three African explorers) to get it dirty and prove it. 👍🏻
They look much better dirty to be honest. They are built to work so a little muck is a must…. A chap came up to me earlier today and asked what I was driving. I explained the story and the all of the faffing to get it and he was flabbergasted.. It seems that there’s a fair few folk who know nowt about Ineos or the Grenadier.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They look much better dirty to be honest. They are built to work so a little muck is a must…. A chap came up to me earlier today and asked what I was driving. I explained the story and the all of the faffing to get it and he was flabbergasted.. It seems that there’s a fair few folk who know nowt about Ineos or the Grenadier.
I’d never heard of the Grenadier until end of Dec last year. In all of the off-road, 4WD vids I’ve watche, the Grenadier slipped through the cracks!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst I was looking over mine at the agents, a chap came over and told me Ineos had bought the patents off Landrover and so it was really a Landrover. 😅

Back
Top Bottom