The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
nice looking spec !!! Enjoy it !!!
Not very keen in advertising for the dealers . Any stickers not factory usually get the knife treatment !

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I thought the ones behind the centre console and in the loadspace worked with ignition off, but there is a switch in the roof panel you need to turn on to make it work
I can confirm "Operator Error"; otherwise RTFM, (Read The Flippin'* Manual).

* Substitute your "F" word of choice

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Not really an option for those of us who specified the lockable storage box in the spare wheel well.
Hmm, I have a slightly different opinion: a wheel cover also hides somehow the storage box from thieves and less dust in the lock.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I think it looks a bit too "clean" and smooth. Does not fit the style and look of a Grenadier IMHO.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmm, I have a slightly different opinion: a wheel cover also hides somehow the storage box from thieves and less dust in the lock.
Agree if you see something locked it is a magnet to thieves and people wanting to know what is in there. Out of sight out of mind

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I bought my Disco 2 over 20 years ago, I really wanted a spare wheel cover like this.
The dealer's answer was: I won't sell you one and I won't give it to you as a gift.
When I asked why, I got the following answer: Have you ever looked under such a cover after a long time? Moisture accumulates there and it becomes mouldy.
Since then I always drive without a cover. It can air and dry, so it always looked neat.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Discussed here with some pros and cons:

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
You don't get the Vertical Towing Interface if you don't spec the towing package.
Does this mean you need to order the towing package in order to get the 2” receiver in which to slide a tow ball? I don’t plan to tow anything, rather install a MotoTote motorcycle carrier to carry my Honda Trail 125. I understand tow setups differ regionally, but I would think even without the tow package, there is still a way to mount just a ball.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would consider the Melville & Moon version
Likewise, perhaps I can get the missus to cut a flap/sew velcro patches on it so can access the stowage cover readily.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Does this mean you need to order the towing package in order to get the 2” receiver in which to slide a tow ball?
The mounting plate is a separate part. You can order it as a spare part and mount it, I prosume.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well
Does this mean you need to order the towing package in order to get the 2” receiver in which to slide a tow ball? I don’t plan to tow anything, rather install a MotoTote motorcycle carrier to carry my Honda Trail 125. I understand tow setups differ regionally, but I would think even without the tow package, there is still a way to mount just a ball.
I guess it depends on what you actually need.

The towing packages could be seen to consist of 3 elements:

1. Vertical Towing Interface (large lump of metal bolted to the chassis);
2. Towing electrics with trailer socket; and
3. Towball or other final connection.

Hopefully, each element will be separately priced via the aftersales/parts counter. So you'll just need to decide what you need, what makes financial sense and what's legal in your market.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Back on topic - I went to work with the Grenadier; there was a bit of rubber-necking in the car park as I have been driving a distinctly battered Vauxhall Agila since the middle of August, (or the Morgan on sunny days). The audio is OK, Spotify on random, but I'll not judge anyone who fits a more audiophile system. (Put the details on the forum, as there will come a day when I want to fit something better).

Early evening I went to see my friendly agricultural engineer, who had a good gawp at the Grenadier; one of his customers, (with a much modified Defender doublecab), said it looked much better than the pictures, that he could see where the money had been spent, (posh componants and a chassis that could do duty on a locomotive), and he fancied a used one in 5 years time.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Back on topic - I went to work with the Grenadier; there was a bit of rubber-necking in the car park as I have been driving a distinctly battered Vauxhall Agila since the middle of August, (or the Morgan on sunny days). The audio is OK, Spotify on random, but I'll not judge anyone who fits a more audiophile system. (Put the details on the forum, as there will come a day when I want to fit something better).

Early evening I went to see my friendly agricultural engineer, who had a good gawp at the Grenadier; one of his customers, (with a much modified Defender doublecab), said it looked much better than the pictures, that he could see where the money had been spent, (posh componants and a chassis that could do duty on a locomotive), and he fancied a used one in 5 years time.
Make sure you file his contact details. We sold two of our previous Defenders to the same guy. He joked when we sold him the first one to ring him when we wanted to sell the new one we just got. Five years later when we went to sell I just randomly flicked him a text before doing any advertising. Sure enough he bought it too.

opsy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So today I took part in the marshalling of the 2023 CiCle Classic race from Oakham to Melton Mowbray, weaving around the villages, so 34 teams, 176 riders and 183.5km. As a member of Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Response, I helped with the road closures and marshalling, moving between locations as the race snaked around the villages.

After an initial briefing in Oakham, myself and two colleagues were sent up to Burley on the Hill for our first road closure at a nominal 12:00, with the race proper commencing at 11:00. Once thay had all passed through, we had a tricky drive to the next location at Pickwell, crossing the race route and getting ahead of the peloton.

View attachment 7809320
Picture: at Burley before 12:00, Matt's D2 G4 V8, Brian's D2 Td5 and my Grenadier. Brian and his dog, Libby to the right.

We had three passes in Pickwell, (three loops of the local hills), before the cycles headed towards Melton Mowbray.
View attachment 7809319
Picture: At Pickwell, the cyclists came down from the right and passed behind the Grenadier, heading left.

After the last pass in Pickwell, I had a fast drive to a side turn in Melton Mowbray to block off the joining traffic before heading for the debrief and home. 42 miles driven, much rain and some abuse from the (non) travelling public.

Conclusions: it's fun to drive, it may be big, but it's wieldy, there is quite a high level of recognition from LR owners, (and motorcycle policemen), it has a lot of road presence. If you try and drive it without your seatbelt on, I swear it sulks! The power sockets, one in the centre cubby and one on the left in the loadspace only work with the ignition on; I will need to rig a power socket that works all the time or is switchable for the mag-mount orange beacon, I need it to work while stationary and locked.
I thought there was an overhead switch to keep the power on if required.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just had my first test drive with a car I already paid😀
It’s been great and I still have a manic grin on my face 😬
You might not need to run-in the engine and the transfer case but in my opinion it is a good idea To run yourself in to the Grenadier. It took me some km to get used to it but after 10 km I already felt relaxed. Nevertheless I will- as soon as I really have it- drive it carefully for the first 1.000 km.
Audio has been good enough for me. Phonecall at 95 km/h showed that my wife didn’t realise I was in a car 👍
Beside the fact that I love my colour I do not regret the carpet flooring neither. I put in som pictures of the car, the carpet and the Darian emax gap. It’s not an issue at my one.
Will get a cold beer from the local brewery (Einbeck) now
Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_9150.jpeg
    IMG_9150.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_9148.jpeg
    IMG_9148.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_9146.jpeg
    IMG_9146.jpeg
    384.8 KB · Views: 165