The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Intéressant cache roue de secours
Où peux-t-on le trouver ?
Merci d'avance

View attachment 7809281
The spare wheel cover was a freebie from the dealers, Chandlers, and is a generic cover which has be overprinted with the corporate stuff.

Any printer of branded goods could produce something similar.

Last edited:

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Nice one. Congratulations.
Is that a Rolex or a Seiko?
@Shaky is right, Seiko Pepsi, just the basic divers mechanical watch, but about 20 years old now. I have a few watches, but none of them were more than about £500 and one or two were made by friends, who made custom cases around standard mechanical gubbins.

I have a fake Seiko PADI Pepsi that cost all of £15 that has a sophisticated Korean quartz movement and a lovely bracelet. but the forger made a complete mess of the winder - it's so bad, it's laughable. I think my watch customising mate gave it me as an awful warning!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
So today I took part in the marshalling of the 2023 CiCle Classic race from Oakham to Melton Mowbray, weaving around the villages, so 34 teams, 176 riders and 183.5km. As a member of Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Response, I helped with the road closures and marshalling, moving between locations as the race snaked around the villages.

After an initial briefing in Oakham, myself and two colleagues were sent up to Burley on the Hill for our first road closure at a nominal 12:00, with the race proper commencing at 11:00. Once thay had all passed through, we had a tricky drive to the next location at Pickwell, crossing the race route and getting ahead of the peloton.

Gren CiCle Race - 2.jpeg
Picture: at Burley before 12:00, Matt's D2 G4 V8, Brian's D2 Td5 and my Grenadier. Brian and his dog, Libby to the right.

We had three passes in Pickwell, (three loops of the local hills), before the cycles headed towards Melton Mowbray.
Gren CiCle Race - 3.jpeg
Picture: At Pickwell, the cyclists came down from the right and passed behind the Grenadier, heading left.

After the last pass in Pickwell, I had a fast drive to a side turn in Melton Mowbray to block off the joining traffic before heading for the debrief and home. 42 miles driven, much rain and some abuse from the (non) travelling public.

Conclusions: it's fun to drive, it may be big, but it's wieldy, there is quite a high level of recognition from LR owners, (and motorcycle policemen), it has a lot of road presence. If you try and drive it without your seatbelt on, I swear it sulks! The power sockets, one in the centre cubby and one on the left in the loadspace only work with the ignition on; I will need to rig a power socket that works all the time or is switchable for the mag-mount orange beacon, I need it to work while stationary and locked.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed your day out in the new truck. I could spot a seiko SKX at a thousand paces tbh. Fortunately I am not as bigger 4x4 nerd as I am a watch nerd, commonly known as a WIS.

Watch idiot Savant: WIS

Reactions: PBD

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
More of a Breitling or Tag Heuer fan myself but my daily watch is more practical
Still like an analogue dial though

View attachment 7809244View attachment 7809245
My slightly fancy watch is Tag, but like you my practical daily is Apple. I rely can’t justify spending more money on a watch than a TAG, you get good looks, Swiss reliability but aren’t just pissing money away on a brand, a bit like Grenadier, you get the important bits of a G Wagen without the price tag. But thats just me.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So today I took part in the marshalling of the 2023 CiCle Classic race from Oakham to Melton Mowbray, weaving around the villages, so 34 teams, 176 riders and 183.5km. As a member of Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Response, I helped with the road closures and marshalling, moving between locations as the race snaked around the villages.

After an initial briefing in Oakham, myself and two colleagues were sent up to Burley on the Hill for our first road closure at a nominal 12:00, with the race proper commencing at 11:00. Once thay had all passed through, we had a tricky drive to the next location at Pickwell, crossing the race route and getting ahead of the peloton.

View attachment 7809320
Picture: at Burley before 12:00, Matt's D2 G4 V8, Brian's D2 Td5 and my Grenadier. Brian and his dog, Libby to the right.

We had three passes in Pickwell, (three loops of the local hills), before the cycles headed towards Melton Mowbray.
View attachment 7809319
Picture: At Pickwell, the cyclists came down from the right and passed behind the Grenadier, heading left.

After the last pass in Pickwell, I had a fast drive to a side turn in Melton Mowbray to block off the joining traffic before heading for the debrief and home. 42 miles driven, much rain and some abuse from the (non) travelling public.

Conclusions: it's fun to drive, it may be big, but it's wieldy, there is quite a high level of recognition from LR owners, (and motorcycle policemen), it has a lot of road presence. If you try and drive it without your seatbelt on, I swear it sulks! The power sockets, one in the centre cubby and one on the left in the loadspace only work with the ignition on; I will need to rig a power socket that works all the time or is switchable for the mag-mount orange beacon, I need it to work while stationary and locked.
I thought the ones behind the centre console and in the loadspace worked with ignition off, but there is a switch in the roof panel you need to turn on to make it work

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7809320

View attachment 7809319

I am surprised you didn't get surrounded by protesters driving a big 4wd with a sign saying race security

Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
I collected my Grenadier at 11:00AM this morning. no hitches on the handover, was gifted a signwritten tyre cover, two fancy keyrings, a dealer branded baseball cap and more diesel than I expected.

The trip home had a little more drama than anticipated as Maria had a puncture in Charlie our 2002 Vauxhall Aglia. She drove over a pothole, the rim and tyre are destroyed, so we proved the hands free phone works really well and changed to the spare tyre.

The afternoon ws a little less fraught, with a trip to Burghley House, 20ish miles away for a mooch around the stately home and a gawk at the pictures. We will have to go again, as the house promises much more than we saw. There is now 109 miles on the Grenadier; it needs a name, it already has a Leicester Tigers sticker.

A few pictures, the better ones taken by Maria, my wife.

View attachment 7809230View attachment 7809227View attachment 7809231View attachment 7809228
Great looking build, enjoy it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed your day out in the new truck. I could spot a seiko SKX at a thousand paces tbh. Fortunately I am not as bigger 4x4 nerd as I am a watch nerd, commonly known as a WIS.

Watch idiot Savant: WIS
Rolex GMT Master has a very similar bezel

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here's another Dealer's:
View attachment 7809331
Not really an option for those of us who specified the lockable storage box in the spare wheel well.
Even if I hadn't, I don't really want another superfluous tyre cover floating around in the garage.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
Curious, where is the vertical plate that the optional tow ball is mounted, showing on all other vehicles
Ah, is there an additional bash plate?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
You don't get the Vertical Towing Interface if you don't spec the towing package.
Ah, I hadn't appreciated that. And out of all the hundreds of photos I'd seen and the dozens in the flesh (PTO2s at drive days and dealers) I can't honestly recall not seeing a vertical plate before. Mind you'd expect the PTs to have one.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do they all come with the white stickers on the rear window?

Back
Top Bottom