The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Macstech, Can you give a bit more information on where the fuse box was located and any fuse position number where you connect
up the dashcam. Also, has anyone located the amplifier yet for the sound system or does anyone know if it part of that large silver
head unit below the steering column. Either way, it would also be great to get any manufacture info and part numbers off of it.
Need to know as I will be upgrading my standard sound system once I get my Grenadier. Having more information would be great.
If anyone else upgrades their system, please post details and photos. DaBull
May I suggest that we try to start new threads in the Grenadier Technical section to introduce such projects? It would make it much easier for others to find. Much more than in a general thread as this.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos! That's exactly what this forum needs and is about!

I'll certainly be ordering a LHD grab handle. I'm short and I'd rather use that than yanking on the steering wheel every time.

As for the "head unit" - are you referring to the greyish rectangular box with the holes - middle right of the frame?
Be great to add the extra grab handle but I’m not much of a mechanic. If anyone does this could they do a step by step guide or maybe a YouTube video? Thanks

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, today I dismantled the side panels in the boot on the right. Attached are the pictures so you can see where the nipples are located. (We always call these clips that, just for those who are not so familiar with this). I strongly advise you to use the appropriate plastic tool, not a simple screwdriver. Everything is very tight and you have to use force sensitively. Even though I have a lot of experience with the nipples, one of them broke off.
I'll get back to you as soon as I've made progress.

Attachments

• IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2242.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2243.jpg
    IMG_2243.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2245.jpg
    IMG_2245.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 231

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Everything is very tight and you have to use force sensitively. Even though I have a lot of experience with the nipples, one of them broke off.
I decided a while ago that I am too old to grow up. 😁
I will use my tool in a sensitive and caring manner when I get intimate with this part of my new girl.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, today I dismantled the side panels in the boot on the right. Attached are the pictures so you can see where the nipples are located. (We always call these clips that, just for those who are not so familiar with this). I strongly advise you to use the appropriate plastic tool, not a simple screwdriver. Everything is very tight and you have to use force sensitively. Even though I have a lot of experience with the nipples, one of them broke off.
Any broken clips?

Reactions: Max

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Hi Rovie, What type Grenadier do you have - Utility - or ???? and is it RHD or LHD. DaBull

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did the same on the left side some days ago, without any tools, and also broke a nipple or clip. I intended to post it, but @rovie was faster (y)

20230531_174453.jpg20230531_175456.jpg20230531_183203.jpg

That "hard disk like" stuff is the radio module!
20230601_111821.jpg
Wondering what the "hard disk like module" is at the right hand side, see picture 3 of @rovie

And then there is this floating connector:
20230531_175014.jpg
20230531_220447.jpg
I suspect this is a signal coming from a sensor, because the voltage was fluctuating between 1.88 Volt and 1.97 volt, quite erratically.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Look at all that space between the outside body panel and inside body panel. I now wish they made the outside gear storage. You could have put a lock on it similar to gas flap. You can't open it unless the car is unlocked. Do you think you can fit a inverter in on of the spaces? Also do you think a ARB air compressor would fit in the big rear door? I assume you move the safety gear to another location. You could replace the plastic panel with metal or wood

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
I did the same on the left side some days ago, without any tools, and also broke a nipple or clip. I intended to post it, but @rovie was faster (y)

View attachment 7814890View attachment 7814891View attachment 7814892

View attachment 7814896
Wondering what the "hard disk like module" is at the right hand side, see picture 3 of @rovie

View attachment 7814901
View attachment 7814897
I suspect this is a signal coming from a sensor, because the voltage was fluctuating between 1.88 Volt and 1.97 volt, quite erratically.
Its probably a can-bus connector

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7814890View attachment 7814891View attachment 7814892

View attachment 7814896

View attachment 7814901
View attachment 7814897
Thanks for the pictures @Jean Mercier
Label of the amplifier reads DAB+ while in all other references such as manual or infotainment I only find DAB.
I cannot get any DAB radio stations to play; standard radio (FM) works. Already feared Ineos has opted for simple DAB while in Switzerland I understand radio stations use DAB+.
Anybody else facing problems listening to DAB radio? Yes Apple Carplay works and is great but I want to listen to radio now and then.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the images gents. I'm hoping to find the rear camera feed amongst those cables so as to 'splice' into the video feed with a two way switch to receive either the video feed from the car or caravan camera.

Back
Top Bottom