The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
What did I do with the Grenadier today?
I installed a Kenwood DRV-A501W dashcam on the frontscreen. Used CA-DR1030 cabling.
Easy task, around 45min. Rear cam next after we found more details about the removal of the "aircraft panel" (overhead switch panel)

Start pulling the side panel towards driver and work your way through all the clips & screws.
Route the cable to the fusebox and grab some constant power. (With xtra fuse!)

View attachment 7814431

So we have evidence that the mounting points for the handle are on the LHD available.

View attachment 7814432

Probably first picture of the headunit under the steering wheel

View attachment 7814433

View attachment 7814434
Thanks for the photos! That's exactly what this forum needs and is about!

I'll certainly be ordering a LHD grab handle. I'm short and I'd rather use that than yanking on the steering wheel every time.

As for the "head unit" - are you referring to the greyish rectangular box with the holes - middle right of the frame?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I went to Buzz special vehicles today to get my new wheels and tyres fitted. 285 70 17 general grabber X3s and Braid winrace TView attachment 7814439
Very nice! So a little bigger than stock - looks fantastic. Truck can handle the tire increase with no issues? I know it's not a huge jump but you might be the first member to swap for bigger tires (and posted about it).

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
I installed a Kenwood DRV-A501W dashcam on the frontscreen. Used CA-DR1030 cabling.
Easy task, around 45min. Rear cam next after we found more details about the removal of the "aircraft panel" (overhead switch panel)

Start pulling the side panel towards driver and work your way through all the clips & screws.

View attachment 7814431

So we have evidence that the mounting points for the handle are on the LHD available.

View attachment 7814432

View attachment 7814433

View attachment 7814434
I agree with @Krabby. That's the stuff which brings us forward, thank you so much! (y) (y) (y)

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As for the "head unit" - are you referring to the greyish rectangular box with the holes - middle right of the frame?

Yeapph, I missed to take a photo from the label. But said something like "headunit main blabla".

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did sit in my IG today and thought "where to put the monitor for my trailer camera, where to put my CB-radio?"
Yes, there will be some cable-management shortly.
The rubber bands are keeping my daily paperwork.
The alloy element i just glued, So far OK without any vibrations.
Testing it on my trip to abenteuer-allrad.de
No idea where to mount the CB antenna so far.

publ_IMG_1170.JPG
publ_IMG_1172.JPG

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Testing it on my trip to abenteuer-allrad.de
We'll be there Thursday.
What is your plan?

Would like to have a look at your Grenadier.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
"Head Unit" is the INEOS term for the central display. When they talk about a "Head Unit update", they mean the central display.

So I'm guessing that the box pictured is the unit that the display is connected to, which actually contains the inner workings (i.e. the motherboard) of the central display.

Very likely there is also a circuit board directly behind the LCD panel, but that's not what I'm talking about. This board is an integral part of the LCD panel with maybe a few hundred connections and cannot be separated from the LCD due to signal path limitations. And it's hardly possible to run a few hundred wires a meter long from the lower box to the LCD.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7814431

View attachment 7814432

View attachment 7814433

View attachment 7814434
Wow, not a lot of space behind there. Was hoping to find a spot for my UHF body behind there, but going to be tight

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

IMG_4144.jpeg
IMG_4144.jpeg
What’s in this space do you know? Is it a void? Am thinking I may be able to put the UHF body in there?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
NI these
Very nice! So a little bigger than stock - looks fantastic. Truck can handle the tire increase with no issues? I know it's not a huge jump but you might be the first member to swap for bigger tires (and posted about it)
No these fit without rubbing even at full flex. If anything it drives better, as it slightly lengthens the gears. The diesel is so torquey there's no loss of power at all, earlier I was driving home at 1300rpm in 7th gear doing 35mpg!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
Looks great! Please post more pictures if you can. Any rubbing?
Will do tomorrow. I know Buzz are going to have a lot of pics up on their socials

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7814431

View attachment 7814432

View attachment 7814433

View attachment 7814434
Hi Macstech, Can you give a bit more information on where the fuse box was located and any fuse position number where you connect
up the dashcam. Also, has anyone located the amplifier yet for the sound system or does anyone know if it part of that large silver
head unit below the steering column. Either way, it would also be great to get any manufacture info and part numbers off of it.
Need to know as I will be upgrading my standard sound system once I get my Grenadier. Having more information would be great.
If anyone else upgrades their system, please post details and photos. DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Macstech, Can you give a bit more information on where the fuse box was located and any fuse position number where you connect
up the dashcam. Also, has anyone located the amplifier yet for the sound system or does anyone know if it part of that large silver
head unit below the steering column. Either way, it would also be great to get any manufacture info and part numbers off of it.
Need to know as I will be upgrading my standard sound system once I get my Grenadier. Having more information would be great.
If anyone else upgrades their system, please post details and photos. DaBull
+1

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
up the dashcam.
will do if time allows. Many things you find easy once your car arrived.

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos! That's exactly what this forum needs and is about!

I'll certainly be ordering a LHD grab handle. I'm short and I'd rather use that than yanking on the steering wheel every time.

I recall 'Bushguide' commenting that he was told the missing drivers grab handle was due to it interfering with the A pillar airbag. Perhaps the A pillar with the grab handle has a different style/ shorter air bar versus the one shown in Macstech comment 539?

Back
Top Bottom