The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Sorry just going through Wales next 3 daysthen Cornwall.
The Aussies love Cornwall at this time of year, it is/was their home away from home surfing spot and of course our old chef Rick Stein's hunting ground...a little jealous, enjoy and I will keep an eye out for your Gren, cheers max...happy holidays ;)

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
I decided to make some simple roof storage in the rear. Bought a small elasticated, double layer, cargo net from Amazon. Gave it a bit more strength with some bungee cords and that's about it.....

20230529_102928.jpg

I removed the three headliner clips above the rear door. For future reference, these are one time use only. I then added an m6 rivnet, drilled a hole through the washer part of the original headliner fitting and reused it with a load ring. I did this for all three, because I wasn't sure how much tension it would need, but having finished, I could have left the centre fitting alone as I'm not using it.

20230529_094815.jpg20230529_095843.jpg

Above the rear seats I removed the m6 allen head fittings and replaced with the load rings, then clipped the net into place. When my cargo barrier eventually arrives, I'll put the m6 allen head fittings back and clip the net to the cargo barrier.

Simple really, but works. It just unclips if I want to take it out. It does need the additional bungee cords, otherwise it sags.

20230529_111038.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I decided to make some simple roof storage in the rear. Bought a small elasticated, double layer, cargo net from Amazon. Gave it a bit more strength with some bungee cords and that's about it.....

View attachment 7813945

I removed the three headliner clips above the rear door. For future reference, these are one time use only. I then added an m6 rivnet, drilled a hole through the washer part of the original headliner fitting and reused it with a load ring. I did this for all three, because I wasn't sure how much tension it would need, but having finished, I could have left the centre fitting alone as I'm not using it.

View attachment 7813946View attachment 7813947

Above the rear seats I removed the m6 allen head fittings and replaced with the load rings, then clipped the net into place. When my cargo barrier eventually arrives, I'll put the m6 allen head fittings back and clip the net to the cargo barrier.

Simple really, but works. It just unclips if I want to take it out. It does need the additional bungee cords, otherwise it sags.

View attachment 7813948
what a smart addition. 👍

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
The Aussies love Cornwall at this time of year, it is/was their home away from home surfing spot and of course our old chef Rick Stein's hunting ground...a little jealous, enjoy and I will keep an eye out for your Gren, cheers max...happy holidays ;)
Yes , my English cousin has lived in St Ives for 20 years and she is an avid surf chick!

Reactions: Max

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
I love boat crossing, and this one I found by casuality, zigzagging through Germany:
20230529_110137.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be home, and in the next days I'll post a global impression of the performance of my car, without any really long 4x4 driving for the time being.

It's also a very special day for my partner, it's her last working day tomorrow, she retires, with mixed feelings because she loved her job.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For my work I often need to setup a mini trade show at agricultural field days, electrical wholesale carparks, customer remises or for product training sessions.
These usually consist of some kind of pop up marquee with foldup trestle tables similar to the picture below. (No not my actual one)
They take a lot of time and a lot of work to setup and pack up.
I am thinking now if i pull up in the Grenadier.
1 minute to pull out the Bush company 270 XT Max awning
Pull out the Frontrunner stainless table from it's under rack mount.
Fold up or quick mount tables on both doors and the rear panel for demo gear and hang some bigger stuff (VSD's) off the molle panel.
Rear doors open with upright fridge and door shelf folded down.
Perfect work vehicle and makes all that stuff tax deductible as a work expense.
Take a few pictures of the first time and bingo
If the Grenadier with that setup doesn't draw in the tradies nothing will.

1685387537488.png1685388330000.png1685387816163.png
1685387096197.png1685387153198.png1685387251573.png1685387318250.png1685387420701.png1685387389481.png

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fell in love again....
Hadnt driven mine for 15 days due to holiday in Italy, and it was left at home . Got back at 02.30 this morning to wrong airport ( thank you British Airways). So today was about learning to drive again.

And do you know the grin came striaght back with the first acceleration along a Wiltshire country road.
Supermarket car park - man walking past as I was at the rear door - he just looked and said " Christ". Nothing more .
Don't know any more and guess I never will.

Nickname is confirmed Baloo - "The Bear necessity of life " Check out Jungle book.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you had a roof rack, you could place a suitable chair up there, a wingback for example, then have superior viewing and comfortable seating.. In addition, refreshment could be served up to you via the safari roof.

joking aside, I’ll be buying front wing reinforcement once the after market supplies them..
Sitting on the roof sounds like a good solution (as does reinforcement for the wings0

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
For my work I often need to setup a mini trade show at agricultural field days, electrical wholesale carparks, customer remises or for product training sessions.
These usually consist of some kind of pop up marquee with foldup trestle tables similar to the picture below. (No not my actual one)
Fold up or quick mount tables on both doors and the rear panel for demo gear and hang some bigger stuff (VSD's) off the molle panel.

View attachment 7814009View attachment 7814011View attachment 7814010
View attachment 7814003View attachment 7814004View attachment 7814005View attachment 7814006View attachment 7814008View attachment 7814007
The stainless table I have found does rust if not cleaned and coated, and unfortunately the racks loose their coating (known issue apparently) but I do like what they produce, they just need to work on quality especially at that price point.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The stainless table I have found does rust if not cleaned and coated, and unfortunately the racks loose their coating (known issue apparently) but I do like what they produce, they just need to work on quality especially at that price point.
Yes I have seen that.
Sadly there aren't a lot of good options.
Would like to see more on the Black Sheep racks that sit on the roof and also n awning bracket that mounts to the tie down rails and gutter already on the vehicle

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Yes I have seen that.
Sadly there aren't a lot of good options.
Would like to see more on the Black Sheep racks that sit on the roof and also n awning bracket that mounts to the tie down rails and gutter already on the vehicle
I have made custom brackets for awnings before (Howling Moon 2.5m 6 panel 270deg) which worked well. I'm on the fence as far as BS gear is concerned, so far I haven't seen anything that is suitable for AU conditions IMO

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7813945

View attachment 7813946View attachment 7813947

View attachment 7813948
Fantastic idea and simple enough thank you. Would you have an amazon link or size of net used thanks. Would you have used another style in hindsight or this working well?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you had a roof rack, you could place a suitable chair up there, a wingback for example, then have superior viewing and comfortable seating.. In addition, refreshment could be served up to you via the safari roof.

joking aside, I’ll be buying front wing reinforcement once the after market supplies them..
Screenshot_20230530_075049.jpg

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fantastic idea and simple enough thank you. Would you have an amazon link or size of net used thanks. Would you have used another style in hindsight or this working well?
Thank You for the kind words. This is the one I used ….

I used the exact same solution in my G Wagen and it’s been in place for about five years, and still going strong. This time I bought two nets - the one above and a bigger version (70cm x 120cm). I couldn’t get the bigger version tensioned using the existing fixing points. I would have needed to make extra holes in the headlining and didn’t want to do that. So I stuck with the smaller one.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7814009View attachment 7814011View attachment 7814010
View attachment 7814003View attachment 7814004View attachment 7814005View attachment 7814006View attachment 7814008View attachment 7814007
If these are the Frontrunner chairs, I have two of them. Very robust, and comfortable imo.

What is this black frame below the roof rack? Looks like a sliding mechanism?

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What did I do with the Grenadier today?
I installed a Kenwood DRV-A501W dashcam on the frontscreen. Used CA-DR1030 cabling.
Easy task, around 45min. Rear cam next after we found more details about the removal of the "aircraft panel" (overhead switch panel)

Start pulling the side panel towards driver and work your way through all the clips & screws.
Route the cable to the fusebox and grab some constant power. (With xtra fuse!)

IMG_1182.JPG

So we have evidence that the mounting points for the handle are on the LHD available.

IMG_1179.JPG

Probably first picture of the headunit under the steering wheel

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

Back
Top Bottom