The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
Went green lane ing with my 11 year old son this afternoon.. Nothing to really challenge either the Gren or the all road tyres, but fun nevertheless.. and he did a video .. He added a sound track, but to be honest, I’d have preferred just the engine noise. Low range, off road mode and no bings or bongs..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LY6EWVzyQ
@Ever Pragmatic I think the video is nice and I can imagine you had fun with your son. I think kids of that age love it when they can work with sound. We would rather hear the engine and the background noise. If I'm ever in Gaydon in the summer, I'll get in touch and we'll drive the greenlane together again.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Went green lane ing with my 11 year old son this afternoon.. Nothing to really challenge either the Gren or the all road tyres, but fun nevertheless.. and he did a video .. He added a sound track, but to be honest, I’d have preferred just the engine noise. Low range, off road mode and no bings or bongs..

That's exactly what I love to do, and, your son is invited to be my co-pilot if I can choose 50% of the music :love:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Not very demanding terrain for the car but it managed to get in and out of CowdrayView attachment 7813885
Good lord, how clean is your vehicle and good job you had off road tyres on..

joking apart, did you use the rear door table, as that is the perfect kit for polo based refreshments..

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Wilaspira That's near Beaulieu, isn't it? We like the National Motor Museum. I also bought the original Dunlop tyres for my Series 2a there, at Vintage Tyres.
Hi yes it’s in the South (of England), it‘s near a place called Midhurst and a bit to the East of Beaulieu

Reactions: PBD

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good lord, how clean is your vehicle and good job you had off road tyres on..

joking apart, did you use the rear door table, as that is the perfect kit for polo based refreshments..
Yes it does look embarrassingly clean in the photo but has more patina in the flesh. I have no table but perhaps time to get one.

Two issues
- viewing from the rear is not perfect since side opening doors obscure view if one sits in the boot/at the rear
- bonnet and front wings did not feel strong enough to take the weight of one sitting on them (without permanently altering their shape) and using the bumper as a footrest (but I did not test this to destruction)

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I drove 370ish miles today, from Melton Mowbray to Newcastle upon Tyne, to Whitley Bay, back to Newcastle, then home, visiting son, having lunch, wandering through the Whitley Bay Carnival.

Grenadier was great, BBC Hercule Poirot on the In Car Entertainment, (ICE), but the fuel consumption was nothing great 21.7mpg. Used the cruise control for most of the journey, so either 70mph, (sat nav checked) or 50mph, in the roadworks. Very comfy for a long, (in UK terms), journey.

Son impressed with the Grenadier and now looking forwards to going to France in November - he can charge his phone in the back!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
That’s an awesome looking plane.
You're right. A result of modern computer design. It has just 203 hrs on the clock and is brand new.

Not my property, to be clear, but our club has bought it recently. I love it.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
I drove 370ish miles today, from Melton Mowbray to Newcastle upon Tyne, to Whitley Bay, back to Newcastle,
We've just started a 2 week holiday in England and Wales , and I've told my wife if she is the first to spot an Ineos she wins back the $10 I won in a bet over something recently 😁

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been driving around the Isle of Wight this weekend and the Grenadier has certainly had a lot of attention. As I was walking back towards the Grenadier yesterday some guys in front of me were discussing my vehicle and the fact they thought Landrover had stopped making the Defender , I invited them for a look over it and a good old chat about it and it’s origins. Certainly have loved driving it around the lanes and A roads. The petrol engine has some serious grunt for overtaking and pulling away quickly, which is quite surprising being the vehicle is so heavy. All weekend I’ve had a pdc error message but all other warnings seem to have disappeared.
Im loving it and the automatic gearbox is super smooth and responsive. I’ve tried out the manual mode and I like that and easy to use. Probably won’t get the chance to do much off road driving for a while but certainly will later in the year. Just making plans for shipping now to South Africa for a mid September /early October start for a tour of Southern Africa. Plans are all coming together 😎just need the Ineos accessories to arrive such as the roof rack so we can fit the awning. I think we will just carry everything in packing crates initially to try the vehicle out before we decide on how we kit the inside out. Happy days

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We've just started a 2 week holiday in England and Wales , and I've told my wife if she is the first to spot an Ineos she wins back the $10 I won in a bet over something recently 😁
And how do we identify you, Grenadier T shirt, Ineos baseball cap, and drinking from a Grenadier pint glass 🥛

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it does look embarrassingly clean in the photo but has more patina in the flesh. I have no table but perhaps time to get one.

Two issues
- viewing from the rear is not perfect since side opening doors obscure view if one sits in the boot/at the rear
- bonnet and front wings did not feel strong enough to take the weight of one sitting on them (without permanently altering their shape) and using the bumper as a footrest (but I did not test this to destruction)
If you had a roof rack, you could place a suitable chair up there, a wingback for example, then have superior viewing and comfortable seating.. In addition, refreshment could be served up to you via the safari roof.

joking aside, I’ll be buying front wing reinforcement once the after market supplies them..

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Great video. Says much more to me than Harry's!

Love the lane, Uk countryside at the best time of year.

Ps. what keeps changing to red on the dash - looks like fuel gauge??

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And how do we identify you, Grenadier T shirt, Ineos baseball cap, and drinking from a Grenadier pint glass 🥛
I will admit to having packed my Aussie Grenadier prototype tour T shirt.
Also in London briefly , so will grab lunch at that pub in Chelsea.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will admit to having packed my Aussie Grenadier prototype tour T shirt.
Also in London briefly , so will grab lunch at that pub in Chelsea.
Enjoy your meal and the interesting conversations.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great video. Says much more to me than Harry's!

Love the lane, Uk countryside at the best time of year.

Ps. what keeps changing to red on the dash - looks like fuel gauge??
I can’t remember what was flashing. I think I remember seeing that “off road mode” unavailable.. it was the first time we’d used the mode and it was only to turn off the parking sensors and seatbelt alarms..

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
If you are anywhere near Leicestershire, I could drive past you a few times, so she could make a profit! :D

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If you are anywhere near Leicestershire, I could drive past you a few times, so she could make a profit! :D
Sorry just going through Wales next 3 daysthen Cornwall.

Back
Top Bottom