The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
What is the seal like on the glass itself? Is there a seal or is it bare glass? I was looking at one of our sunroof and the metal portion has a seal on it that make it very airtight and any water goes into the frame and then out a drain house down the A pillar. Maybe what is missing is a seal around the glass that then provides a first layer of defense.

20230525_195001.jpg
And there is also a drain at the front. I tested the drain a week ago, water poured out under the Grenadier

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
Wonder if the time is right for an 'Issues found' page. Perhaps broken down into Bodywork, Engine, Electrics, etc.
Currently I find it difficult to search out all the potential faults which have been encountered. Currently I have a 'bong' that sings out every time I move from a stationary position. To date I have seen no warning on the screen or other signs of why it might be bonging.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have every day warnings and "bong" messages: PDC, power steering, eCall, ... not always, but often. But the car behaves well, I like the driving, soon 4000 km on the counter.

But I would like to get rid of all these unnecessary ⚠️

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t order the safari windows because I don’t like the one in my LR110,

p.s. I hope you didn’t break to much after your hard brake. 😎
In fact, I ordered Safari windows because my partner wanted it, and I am happy about it. I use them a lot, because I hate airco.

Happy also that she couldn't join on this trip to Hungary to visit my son (not our son), because I really can test the car without her becoming anxious of the many warnings. Don't tell her :eek:

And it was a hard break because I found a place to stop, not because of a dangerous situation.

Today I used as navigation application "Here we go", but not on the infotainment screen...

No picture for the time being, but quite OK: my Android phone attached to a vent clip, and connected to the USB-C port, therefore I could or use another navigation app on the infotainment screen or see the off-road screen together with the navigation screen on my screen 😀

Texelar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In anticipation of the imminent deliveries, what did you do with your Grenadier this weekend?

Tell the community and share the love, and pictures, lots of pictures.

This thread will remain locked until the first member tells me they have taken delivery.
Hallo,
Wir sind ein Rumänien für ein paar Tage.
Denke er wird ein bisschen schmutzig.😉
Viele Grüße
Dominik

Attachments

• IMG_9657.jpeg
    IMG_9657.jpeg
    613.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_9652.jpeg
    IMG_9652.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 1E110386-5988-4544-9FB6-275C821F31CE.jpeg
    1E110386-5988-4544-9FB6-275C821F31CE.jpeg
    409 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_9658.jpeg
    IMG_9658.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 126

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
1. I'll make a picture next time
2. That's a good question, I am almost sure it was closed, but you make me doubt
Maybe the forward rush of roof water overwhelmed the drains for the Safari windows when you braked hard. But, if they were closed properly that shouldn't matter. Is there an adjustment on the window closers to compress the seals more when closing. As the seals age you might want that option.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
Maybe the forward rush of roof water overwhelmed the drains for the Safari windows when you braked hard.
If the window closed and seal working that shouldn’t matter. As for the vents @Jean Mercier if I recall your vehicle had significant issues with wipers etc. It may be that they had to do some significant disassembly behind the dash to replace I do wonder if maybe when putting it all back together they have not properly sealed up some stuff

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
I would love to know if any owners are asked if the Gren is a new Defender model? and how you would or have answered.
And are the old Defender drivers giving you a nod or a wave?

When I show friends a picture of the Gren and they ask if that is a new Defender I answer NoYes or YesNo and then have to tell the story.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would love to know if any owners are asked if the Gren is a new Defender model? and how you would or have answered.
And are the old Defender drivers giving you a nod or a wave?

When I show friends a picture of the Gren and they ask if that is a new Defender I answer NoYes or YesNo and then have to tell the story.
“It’s what Defender could have been..” is my go to answer.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Getting waved at but what do you do?? wave back or hold hands up and look confused.
I do wave back but it was quite a shock when defender drivers round these parts waved.. I’ve not given them the Grenadier salute as yet and am saving that for my first Grenadier drive by.. Grenny is still as rare as hens teeth in Northants.

Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
Wonder if the time is right for an 'Issues found' page. Perhaps broken down into Bodywork, Engine, Electrics, etc.
Currently I find it difficult to search out all the potential faults which have been encountered. Currently I have a 'bong' that sings out every time I move from a stationary position. To date I have seen no warning on the screen or other signs of why it might be bonging.

yes, there should be a thread for this. or people should just lump it in with the gremlins thread. that thread shouldn't be called gremlins as well. that only downplays and minimizes what could easily be major problems.

the IG seems like an amazon product now. I wake up and look for the next review just to uncover the next new problem. this list of negs just keeps getting longer.

while I thought the low tech sfwindws could eventually have problems, I seriously didn't think the safari windows would have a problem this early into ownership. how could a car supposedly made "off the charts exceptionally rugged" be crippled by rain?

Back
Top Bottom