The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I have started to dismantle the trim in the footwell and the boot. I will install Deutsch sockets that I can then switch with the switches on the ceiling. In this context I have ordered Deutsch plugs and sockets and a suitable crimping tool. Now I have to wait a few more days until everything is there.
Respekt. Nach Erfahrung mit einem Autokabelbrand bin ich sehr zurückhaltend geworden. Habe auch keine Lust das die Gremlins nachher darauf geschoben werden das etwas verändert wurde. Vielleicht besuche ich Dich mal wenn mein Auto endlich mal ausgeliefert werden wird. Grüße Barney
Sorry wrong language: Respect. After experience with a car cable fire, I became very reserved. I also don't want the Gremlins to be pushed afterwards that something has been changed. Maybe I'll visit you when my car will finally be delivered. Greetings, Barney

Last edited:
Reactions: Max

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Vielleicht besuche ich Dich mal wenn mein Auto endlich mal ausgeliefert werden wird besuchen wir Dich mal, wenn unsere Autos endlich mal ausgeliefert werden.
Oder?

Sorry for language mess-up ...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday (again ;) ) I drove through Hungary from my son's place close to Budapest to a city close to the 🇦🇹 border. Took a boat 🚢 to cross the Danube although this wasn't needed, but I love that boat crossing, probably the tenth time I do this.20230524_100851.jpg
It had rained quite a lot the previous night.
So, let's speak about the problems:
  • Power steering error several times
  • Small water infiltration at the front air vent, left side, like mentioned previously
  • And then, after a hard break, a quite serious water splash on the dashboard between the steering wheel and infotainment screen, probably coming from the safari window.
  • I tried to use "Here we go" as navigation tool, because it has the option "shortest way", what sometimes means "worst track". I tried both versions, the old one and the beta version, but for some reason the GPS position goes mad. I tried several settings, to no avail. This is probably not due to the Grenadier. I bought an air ventilation grille mount for my phone, and will drive today "old fashioned " in Austria.
  • I will also have to watch some clipping components of coolant hoses, somehow concerned.
  • I also slipped the steering column joint rubber boot further down, alike @DCPU.
Will now pack my stuff, was completely alone in a very crowded 🏕, one million mosquitoes 🦟 🦟 and me:
20230525_082603.jpg

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
20230525_074434.jpg
I guess that this metal pipe running parallel with the front bumper is also cooling liquid, look at the yellow marks, there are clips there. It ends in a rubber tube at the left side (staying in front of the car), that's why I think it is cooling liquid (I am no a car mechanic). I am also concerned about the thick rubber coolant hose: too loose in my opinion, but it is perhaps this one from which the removed the clips before delivery (I didn't check)

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
  • And then, after a hard break, a quite serious water splash on the dashboard between the steering wheel and infotainment screen, probably coming from the safari window.
😱You mean actually water on the inside of the car? Running down the windshield?
I didn’t order the safari windows because I don’t like the one in my LR110,
but that was only condensation dripping in winter.
Water ingress in the dashboard will cause real problems.

p.s. I hope you didn’t break to much after your hard brake. 😎

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
  • Small water infiltration at the front air vent, left side, like mentioned previously
1. What/where is this front air vent?
2. Was the safari window open and the water off the roof spilled over the opening when you braked hard?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi all here are a few of the photos of a work in progress, managed to beat the big names in automotive enhancement to the punch.
The load cover is very much a prototype but does the job.
I blacked out the front and back rock guard under the bumpers and painted the tow eyes red to match the seatbelts.
Found the tow bar 2” inch drop plate and rear steps to help us olduns in and out of the back.
The wheels are on and the tyres are black side out.
With the interior I wanted it to be subtle so only matched the seats centre to the steering wheel and changed the seatbelts.IMG_8024.jpegIMG_8015.jpegIMG_8017.jpegIMG_8016.jpegIMG_8020.jpegIMG_8023.jpegIMG_8013.jpeg

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Not sure what to say really.
As long as you like it. The beauty of the product is that it has been designed for us all to add our signature as we wish. Hope yours is bringing the joy that mine is bringing to me.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
Are they the stock seats with inlays? Were they leather to start with? Looks snazzy.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1. What/where is this front air vent?
2. Was the safari window open and the water off the roof spilled over the opening when you braked hard?
1. I'll make a picture next time
2. That's a good question, I am almost sure it was closed, but you make me doubt

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
1. I'll make a picture next time
2. That's a good question, I am almost sure it was closed, but you make me doubt
What is the seal like on the glass itself? Is there a seal or is it bare glass? I was looking at one of our sunroof and the metal portion has a seal on it that make it very airtight and any water goes into the frame and then out a drain house down the A pillar. Maybe what is missing is a seal around the glass that then provides a first layer of defense.

Back
Top Bottom