The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Part of my Grenadier arrived in its home country, seen by my son after opening the bonnet:20230520_140817.jpg20230520_140817.jpg

Still some occasional troubles with my phone connection but not at the border crossing Slovakia-Hungary.

I tried yesterday to connect a USB hard disk to the USB port of the lockable central storage to play some music and no success. I tried my phone on that same ordinary USB port, and it says "No USB connected", while when connecting my phone to the USB-C port I can play music.

Anyone already used the normal USB port for playing music?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
Part of my Grenadier arrived in its home country, seen by my son after opening the bonnet:View attachment 7812803View attachment 7812803

Still some occasional troubles with my phone connection but not at the border crossing Slovakia-Hungary.

I tried yesterday to connect a USB hard disk to the USB port of the lockable central storage to play some music and no success. I tried my phone on that same ordinary USB port, and it says "No USB connected", while when connecting my phone to the USB-C port I can play music.

Interesting, I was reading the manual and it said for android auto use the c port. Someone else on the forum said their phone would only connect with the c port and not the usb A port. If I had my vehicle I would put a male c to usb3 female adapter into the c then put a flash drive into the adapter to see if that played music. If it did then I would have doubts about the speed transfer compatibility of the USB 3 port ( it may only be a USB 2 port)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
Part of my Grenadier arrived in its home country, seen by my son after opening the bonnet:View attachment 7812803View attachment 7812803

Yes, it worked for me.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have an old i pod attached to the big?? USB port in the central cubby box it connects to the audio system with no problem (y)
It could well be that it is the file format, it only recognises WWA m4p format music files that are used by car play.
My discovery won't recognise iTunes on my flash drive in the usb a port.
God this is so frustrating not having my car yet to play with.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It could well be that it is the file format, it only recognises WWA m4p format music files that are used by car play.
My discovery won't recognise iTunes on my flash drive in the usb a port.
God this is so frustrating not having my car yet to play with.
The more I think about playing music files, the more I think it is a file format issue for us android users. ( incidentally BMW Mini will only talk to apple media). I could play about on my PC converting the file format BUT I haven't got my car yet to try it.
Who was it said andriod auto was the devil's work.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
The more I think about playing music files, the more I think it is a file format issue for us android users. ( incidentally BMW Mini will only talk to apple media). I could play about on my PC converting the file format BUT I haven't got my car yet to try it.
Who was it said andriod auto was the devil's work.
File format yes, but could also be the directory structure and naming. Sometimes your music has to be in the root directory, and some systems need files to be in a very specific folder with very specific naming including sometimes all caps etc. it varies and can be really frustrating getting it just right for whatever head unit you’re trying to connect to.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Check the cable.

The USB is not as "universal" as the name suggests. I have often had trouble with the cables, while everything else was fine.

Finding the right one can be pretty a Sunday morning task on the PC.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have an old i pod attached to the big?? USB port in the central cubby box it connects to the audio system with no problem (y)
Great thx that's what I intend to do. Haven't had enough time to try yet

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Check the cable.

The USB is not as "universal" as the name suggests. I have often had trouble with the cables, while everything else was fine.

Finding the right one can be pretty a Sunday morning task on the PC.
Yes agree I have massed a drawer full of cables. Every time something doesn't work I change the cable, usually to find it is not the cable. A lot of people just use charging cables instead of charging/data cables.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have started to dismantle the trim in the footwell and the boot. I will install Deutsch sockets that I can then switch with the switches on the ceiling. In this context I have ordered Deutsch plugs and sockets and a suitable crimping tool. Now I have to wait a few more days until everything is there.

Last edited:

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Got to slightly more than 2,000 miles today and washed it for the 2nd time, making a better job of it this time. It is easier to wash than the old LR110, as there are a few less sharp edges and less blood spilt.

Picture taken with the Grenadier behind my LR90; anyone want a LR90 van with windows? A little surprised to see they are not far off the same colour.

Little Blue - 1.jpeg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A little surprised to see they are not far off the same colour.

View attachment 7813016
Great pic...before and after type of shot but let us hope the bonnet on the Gren stays shiny and straight for a while...my before and after will be interesting with my SW Gren and my cream/white series II...happy motoring ;)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know I am posting in the wrong thread, but I didn’t find the thread “what did you do with your Grenadier yesterday”.

So, yesterday I showed to my son the water draining caps in the floor and suddenly all the pieces fell apart. A small axle fell somewhere, probably in the grass. I tried to “fish” it with a strong magnet, with 4 eyes, to no avail!

Then I took out the other cap at the drivers’ side, to see how that axle looked, and saw this some hollow metallic piece, probably aluminium.

Therefore I had to do my first repair: I replaced the axle by a nail!
doppen.jpg

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Took me a while to understand what was happening there, but I see it now. A nail would be perfect for the job.

It shouldn’t be falling apart so easy though, it’s designed to be taken out.

Reactions: PBD

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
I know I am posting in the wrong thread, but I didn’t find the thread “what did you do with your Grenadier yesterday”.

So, yesterday I showed to my son the water draining caps in the floor and suddenly all the pieces fell apart. A small axle fell somewhere, probably in the grass. I tried to “fish” it with a strong magnet, with 4 eyes, to avail!

Then I took out the other cap at the drivers’ side, to see how that axle looked, and saw this some hollow metallic piece, probably aluminium.

Therefore I had to do my first repair: I replaced the axle by a nail!
View attachment 7813050
Shit - that’s very average.

Is that “broke on purpose”. ?? 🥲

Back
Top Bottom