The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, today I dismantled the side panels in the boot on the right. Attached are the pictures so you can see where the nipples are located. (We always call these clips that, just for those who are not so familiar with this). I strongly advise you to use the appropriate plastic tool, not a simple screwdriver. Everything is very tight and you have to use force sensitively. Even though I have a lot of experience with the nipples, one of them broke off.
I'll get back to you as soon as I've made progress.
These photos from @rovie and @Jean Mercier are gold thank you gentlemen. I am wondering if those heavy gauge power cables in Rovie’s pictures are for the NATO plug. Might be possible to easily jump some leads from them to power a flush Anderson plug in the trim like this.
IMG_4159.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4159.jpeg
    IMG_4159.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 28

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
These photos from @rovie and @Jean Mercier are gold thank you gentlemen. I am wondering if those heavy gauge power cables in Rovie’s pictures are for the NATO plug. Might be possible to easily jump some leads from them to power a flush Anderson plug in the trim like this.
View attachment 7814995
Spot on...can't wait for some more developments so I can easily connect a fridge draw and a compressor...good work gents... ;)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:02 AM
Reaction score
Drove to two "distant" cities today for assignments. Apart from the usual software faults that I can eliminate by putting the contact on and off, nothing special to mention.
But tonight, while driving to my judo training I got this, for the first time, I repeat, WHILE DRIVING!:
20230605_200110.jpg
See the left side (Right Hand Driving car), no information anymore about, speed, gear, distance, etc. All gone, black screen.
Even turning contact on and off again didn't work.

But after my training, and two beers with the friends, everything OK again.
I am really tired of all these software glitches, it removes quite some "happy driving" feeling.
Also tired of the judo training :sleep:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Drove to two "distant" cities today for assignments. Apart from the usual software faults that I can eliminate by putting the contact on and off, nothing special to mention.
But tonight, while driving to my judo training I got this, for the first time, I repeat, WHILE DRIVING!:
View attachment 7815000
See the left side (Right Hand Driving car), no information anymore about, speed, gear, distance, etc. All gone, black screen.

I am really tired of all these software glitches, it removes quite some "happy driving" feeling.
Probably the fact you are 1 metre below sea level has caused the system to go into panic mode.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably the fact you are 1 metre below sea level has caused the system to go into panic mode.
Jokes aside, this is also annoying: I would like to have a way to calibrate it or adapt it to air pressure or something like that.
I was at -4 m driving home, and as far as I know we don't have any road in Belgium below sea level.
Not yet ...

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
Rare day today , finished from work early .
So came back home and decided that i needed a cool keyring for the Gren .
My keys are always minimalistic , held together by paracord so they are not bulky .
But the Gren key is substantial i think ( compared to my previous BMW one) . Also because its a blade key i did not want too much weight hanging off it . So i thought to make it detachable .
This is only the first prototype , i will likely change it again later . Copper rivets are on back order so brass screws from my "Empire of Dirt " have to do . Annoyingly i have some full grain veg tan leather that is realticvely close to the steering wheel colour , but it is way too thick for a keyring and i feel its is a waste to shave it down , so this offcut of full grain should age nicely .
Ramaging though my brass hardware i found a clip that fits perfectly . Hope this gives people inspiration .

1686004224571.jpeg

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7815000

This is one of the few doubts I had when following the build/ordering this vehicle... critical info via digital display v analogue. I reasoned that even if it did occur, would likely be age related... there goes that theory. Another 'software' solution?

Reactions: Max

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did the same on the left side some days ago, without any tools, and also broke a nipple or clip. I intended to post it, but @rovie was faster (y)

View attachment 7814890View attachment 7814891View attachment 7814892

That "hard disk like" stuff is the radio module!
View attachment 7814896
Wondering what the "hard disk like module" is at the right hand side, see picture 3 of @rovie

And then there is this floating connector:
View attachment 7814901
View attachment 7814897
I suspect this is a signal coming from a sensor, because the voltage was fluctuating between 1.88 Volt and 1.97 volt, quite erratically.
Good spot to mount a compressor

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7815000

Hi Jean, i have had that a couple of times usually lasts for about 5 seconds then comes back on.
I have notified my dealer who is passing it on, it's totally random when it occurs.
It took me a while to register what the photo was as you have a LHD vehicle🤪

As an after thought i've now driven just over 1200 miles mostly on fast A roads and diesel fuel return according to the computer are 8.1L/100Km or 34.88mpg (y)(y)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Look at all that space between the outside body panel and inside body panel. I now wish they made the outside gear storage. You could have put a lock on it similar to gas flap. You can't open it unless the car is unlocked. Do you think you can fit a inverter in on of the spaces? Also do you think a ARB air compressor would fit in the big rear door? I assume you move the safety gear to another location. You could replace the plastic panel with metal or wood
Would the compressor fit in this gap? Is there more headroom underneath?
IMG_20230606_065152.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I cannot get any DAB radio stations to play; standard radio (FM) works. Already feared Ineos has opted for simple DAB while in Switzerland I understand radio stations use DAB+.
Anybody else facing problems listening to DAB radio?
Yes, had 3 goes at tuning it, in 3 different locations but almost useless.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These photos from @rovie and @Jean Mercier are gold thank you gentlemen.
Indeed they are. 👏👏👏

I am wondering if those heavy gauge power cables in Rovie’s pictures are for the NATO plug.
This one?
IMG_20230606_070927.jpg
That would be my guess.

In mine this would align with a 350A feed off the auxiliary battery, via the 2nd (5 way) Littelfuse box that I've traced disappearing to the lower front of the pictured wheel arch.

Any close ups of what's in the blue square? I'm assuming it's some form of "software" controlled relay/solenoid; and the one that's currently not working? And once again an unprotected high amp terminal ~ have rubber caps/boots gone out of fashion?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jean, i have had that a couple of times usually lasts for about 5 seconds then comes back on.
I have notified my dealer who is passing it on, it's totally random when it occurs.
Same with me, although never actually when driving just start up.

As an after thought i've now driven just over 1200 miles mostly on fast A roads and diesel fuel return according to the computer are 8.1L/100Km or 34.88mpg (y)(y)
Can that be right? Does it match fuel receipts calculation? What speeds are you cruising at?

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures @Jean Mercier
Label of the amplifier reads DAB+ while in all other references such as manual or infotainment I only find DAB.
I cannot get any DAB radio stations to play; standard radio (FM) works. Already feared Ineos has opted for simple DAB while in Switzerland I understand radio stations use DAB+.
Anybody else facing problems listening to DAB radio? Yes Apple Carplay works and is great but I want to listen to radio now and then.
I heard from Hedin, that's limitation from the current software. Should be fixed in upcoming version.... 🥴

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed they are. 👏👏👏

This one?
View attachment 7815038
That would be my guess.

In mine this would align with a 350A feed off the auxiliary battery, via the 2nd (5 way) Littelfuse box that I've traced disappearing to the lower front of the pictured wheel arch.

Any close ups of what's in the blue square? I'm assuming it's some form of "software" controlled relay/solenoid; and the one that's currently not working? And once again an unprotected high amp terminal ~ have rubber caps/boots gone out of fashion?
Thank you for all the information. Great value to me also 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same with me, although never actually when driving just start up.

Can that be right? Does it match fuel receipts calculation? What speeds are you cruising at?
As far as i can tell it's pretty close, i worked it out to about 33mpg. I commute to and from work on fast single roads and duel carriage way at between 68and 70 (+a little bit) on duel carriage way .
I have also found that the gearbox does not like to change up too quickly so i have been using manual mode and selecting the highest gear possible for the road speed, bit of a faf at first but now seeing the mpg benefits

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It took me a while to register what the photo was as you have a LHD vehicle🤪

Sounds very interesting. I’m significantly higher. May I ask about your config: road tires? Heavy rock slider? Heavy winch? Second battery? Raised air intake?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would the compressor fit in this gap? Is there more headroom underneath?
View attachment 7815034
Touch and go but it looks like it might fit a single cylinder, which is fine for EU (non-convoy) use.
Under the passenger seat is usually another good option.

1686038539250.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom