The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
Talk about digging a hole for yourself. Most of the entire world is on metric system with one noteable exception. I wonder who that is?
The U.S. uses duodecimal, true. A base 12 system is actually much better according to the math geek in me as it is more divisible. You have 12 joints on four fingers making the counting system simple on your fingers. Lunar cycles, months and hours also correspond, which would make all systems correspond. Yet the U.S. still teaches math using base 10, which defeats the purpose. The Egyptians, Babylonians and Chinese all used it with great success.

That said, the VHS format (base 10) won the world battle so to speak, and the Betamax/Base 12 (superior but virtually no adoption) needs to go away. No one does manual math anymore it seems.

I once had a math teacher tell me I can't use a calculator on exams because I won't carry one around with me wherever I go in life, so I need to be able to calculate in my head. Boy was he wrong. He also probably believed there is no way humans would willingly carry around tracking devices so the government can find you at any time. Cell phones are truly a marvel.

Reactions: PBD

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, just got back after another test drive. In the meantime, I have eliminated almost all noise generated by vibration on the underbody. They were all metal sheets, of which I have already posted pictures, that hit somewhere. The noises were clearly transmitted to the interior. I had to search longer for a cause, but I found it. It was the metal bracket on the NATO connector. I put a little rubber under it and everything was quiet.

Attachments

• IMG_2258.jpg
    IMG_2258.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 84

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds very interesting. I’m significantly higher. May I ask about your config: road tires? Heavy rock slider? Heavy winch? Second battery? Raised air intake?
Hi Deepblue, my Grenny is a standard Trailmaster on alloy wheels with the raised air intake removed, no winch, side steps, second battery and tyres inflated to just under the 5 person + luggage pressure.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
Hi Deepblue, my Grenny is a standard Trailmaster on alloy wheels with the raised air intake removed, no winch, side steps, second battery and tyres inflated to just under the 5 person + luggage pressure.
You removed and blanked the raised air intake yourself?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, at the dealers, they had a customer who wanted a raised intake on a Fieldmaster but not the original cover, they swopped the cover and blanking plates over when i picked up the car.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
Had a peek this afternoon - it's labelled as an Albright 1000800 12v relay:View attachment 7815095:
Ah, part of the solution as to why vehicles without winches have no power to the nato plug. If this is true and those with winches have power to the nato, then perhaps this relay is also powered via the high power switch in the roof consul? No winch, no switch, no power to relay and no power to the nato. Just a hypothesis to test of course, diagram would be mighty handy - and the vehicle.. 🤣

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
Ah, part of the solution as to why vehicles without winches have no power to the nato plug. If this is true and those with winches have power to the nato, then perhaps this relay is also powered via the high power switch in the roof consul? No winch, no switch, no power to relay and no power to the nato. Just a hypothesis to test of course, diagram would be mighty handy - and the vehicle.. 🤣
I think everyone is expecting the NATO socket to be switched via the 500A high load switch also used for the front winch; but the switch is not part of the winch supply. So I have the switch without the winch.

Back
Top Bottom