The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
i worked it out to about 33mpg
And you're sure you didn't mess up with imperial and us gallons?

PS: I just see that my fuel gauges below now show l/100 km and mpg correctly.
The didn't before. Software is magic. :)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
Drove to two "distant" cities today for assignments. Apart from the usual software faults that I can eliminate by putting the contact on and off, nothing special to mention.
But tonight, while driving to my judo training I got this, for the first time, I repeat, WHILE DRIVING!:
View attachment 7815000
See the left side (Right Hand Driving car), no information anymore about, speed, gear, distance, etc. All gone, black screen.
Even turning contact on and off again didn't work.

But after my training, and two beers with the friends, everything OK again.
I am really tired of all these software glitches, it removes quite some "happy driving" feeling.
Also tired of the judo training :sleep:
This is not good, but if it displays waze app still on carplay it will
Display GPS speed.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
Drove to two "distant" cities today for assignments. Apart from the usual software faults that I can eliminate by putting the contact on and off, nothing special to mention.
But tonight, while driving to my judo training I got this, for the first time, I repeat, WHILE DRIVING!:
View attachment 7815000
See the left side (Right Hand Driving car), no information anymore about, speed, gear, distance, etc. All gone, black screen.
Even turning contact on and off again didn't work.

But after my training, and two beers with the friends, everything OK again.
I am really tired of all these software glitches, it removes quite some "happy driving" feeling.
Also tired of the judo training :sleep:
For the speedometer to disappear is a serious malfunction. IA need to get cracking with their software update pronto. Yesterday our odometer read --:-- for the whole trip along with red airbag malfunction. Getting fed up with it now.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
For the speedometer to disappear is a serious malfunction. IA need to get cracking with their software update pronto. Yesterday our odometer read --:-- for the whole trip along with red airbag malfunction. Getting fed up with it now.
Are you not getting the back door error yet??

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Indeed they are. 👏👏👏

This one?
View attachment 7815038
That would be my guess.

In mine this would align with a 350A feed off the auxiliary battery, via the 2nd (5 way) Littelfuse box that I've traced disappearing to the lower front of the pictured wheel arch.

Any close ups of what's in the blue square? I'm assuming it's some form of "software" controlled relay/solenoid; and the one that's currently not working? And once again an unprotected high amp terminal ~ have rubber caps/boots gone out of fashion?
That looks like a dual pole terminal block, The earth is wired to the chassis by the looks

Last edited:

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you not getting the back door error yet??
I've had most of them so far - except back door error. They generally get worse after lots of short trips when the battery falls below 90%

Reactions: @nd

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No, you are right, I messed it up. However 8,1 l / 100 mi (161 km) is odd. Would be 4,9 l / 100 km.
Perhaps this Grenadier was in neutral and rolling downhill. 😉

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, you are right, I messed it up. However 8,1 l / 100 mi (161 km) is odd. Would be 4,9 l / 100 km.
maybe 8,1 l / 100 km (although the display say mi)? this could well be, although way better than I had hoped. let's be optimistic :)

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The computer is measuring in the wrong way, but in the calculation of the application in the photo above, it is being measured by US gallons, not by imperial gallons, in the case of imperial mpg it would be 9.72 liters / 100 km, which is not there either. nothing bad,

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
last holiday trip through Belgium/Netherlands our X3 with the B57 took 6,7 l / 100 km carrying a roofbox and avg. speed of maybe 110 km/h (same speed as @nd in the G), so below 10 l / 100 km in the G seem doable.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spent a few more hours
me too😡

Back
Top Bottom