The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
Another satisfying week of ownership and I thought I’d share my data from a trip back from essex this afternoon.. just under 70 miles, almost all motorway, some traffic but no real delay.. average speed was just under 50mph and I didn’t really go over 70mpg.. attached pictures show the trip data and various temperatures.. no bings of bongs to report.. IMG_1096.jpegIMG_1097.jpeg

I ended up getting followed and overtaken and re overtaken by numerous Discovery’s.. a bit of rubber necking from the occupants.
IMG_1097.jpeg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today I laid under the car to remove the gravel from inside the plates (better called collecting pan) under the tank. When moving over a hill of loose gravel this pan filled from the front and shovelled the gravel into the skid plate.
I don’t understand why they bent only the front and sides upwards to skid over obstacles, but let the corners open to collect the sh..t
🤷‍♂️
And no, it was not necessary to drive over the gravel heap!
For those struggling to visualise this:WP_20230609_001.jpgWP_20230609_002.jpgWP_20230609_003.jpgWP_20230609_004.jpg

And again, if Ineos were to listen to real world users, a very valuable lesson could be learnt.

Highly skilled engineers doing millions of km in vehicles may sort one set of issues; but will not match a few thousands of kms by an invested owner.

As a side note, I think I recall reading somewhere that the fuel tank guard would support the full weight of the vehicle. However, some of the attachment brackets are only 1mm(ish) thick so i have my doubts.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did we find out if these clips behind the radiator and which appear to be cut off is the norm?
Tell me more about this?

Is this the Technical Service Bulletin, so such like, that @Jean Mercier posted?

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In similar fashion to Nomad, can now confirm that yesterday, i took delivery of my Grenadier: Donny Grey, Diesel, Trialmaster, winch, side runners, privacy glass, safari windows, Tow ball .

First impression is that it is built incredibly solid (tank like) but the electronics are still far from perfect (part of screen for radio etc went blank yesterday but came back on after i restarted).

The first drive was about 100 km (back from dealer) but mainly highway. With regards to steering, although it felt a bit odd when you take your first roundabout, within a few minutes it feels natural and becomes a non-issue. For me, it may even become a small quirk that makes the grenadier even more special.

Overall, truly love the car and the only area which is potentially a bit of negative is the large turning circle. i.e don't take it in an underground parking garage (never intend to do that anyway). As for the electronics, yes, would like it to work smoothly but in reality if the speedometer, temperature gauge, fuel level and fuel range works, i don't really care if the rest stays a blank screen.

P.S. have been told by the dealer that my Trialmaster jacket has been ordered but not received yet.
Hey, congratulations. Is yours one of the very first delivered in to a customer in Sweden, I don't think I've seen anything on social media?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe the aftermarket will create a solution if it proves to be a continuous problem for people.
I think if it becomes an issue for me a couple of bits of offcut 3mm ali chequerplate wrapped around the curve and bolted in will do the trick.

The OEM fuel tank guard is quite ugly and basic. It reminds me of something, but I'm not quite sure...maybe a bash plate on a Urals sidecar?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Tell me more about this?

Is this the Technical Service Bulletin, so such like, that @Jean Mercier posted?
See the yellow stripes on the pipe in the centre of the image and then the plastic clips on the radiator shroud that look like they've been cut and should be attached to the pipe? I think Jean considered the pipe a little loose - perhaps this is the norm and they are they all like this?

1686343284363.jpeg

Colinthill

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In anticipation of the imminent deliveries, what did you do with your Grenadier this weekend?

Tell the community and share the love, and pictures, lots of pictures.

This thread will remain locked until the first member tells me they have taken delivery.
Delivered and driven all week love it got to get the wheels off the tarmac! Only 6 miles when we picked it up!

Attachments

• IMG_3214.jpeg
    IMG_3214.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 56

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
You’ll need fuel first ;) that’s one of the most empty tanks I’ve seen. At least you know it still runs when that low.

Also don’t forget to rate and review your Sales Agent in the link directory, it will help others when the time comes.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
For those struggling to visualise this:View attachment 7815630View attachment 7815631View attachment 7815632View attachment 7815633

And again, if Ineos were to listen to real world users, a very valuable lesson could be learnt.

Highly skilled engineers doing millions of km in vehicles may sort one set of issues; but will not match a few thousands of kms by an invested owner.

As a side note, I think I recall reading somewhere that the fuel tank guard would support the full weight of the vehicle. However, some of the attachment brackets are only 1mm(ish) thick so i have my doubts.

The guard on the prototype was better and with a small design change would have sufficed quite well.

Fuel_Tank_Guard.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Exhaust gas temperature sensor?

Back
Top Bottom