The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
We drove in the last two days from Germany, via Belgium, France, UK to Scotland. 1400 km. One error message „too high rear wheel pressure“ which was away after checking and saving air pressure and enlarge about 0.5 bar on all four wheels to 3.0 bar. I had a shot of water on driver side on the rubber mat. No rain, no wet shoes, nothing drunken, no piss😉…. Condensed Water from AC? I have no idea, and found no drops or something like that.
Sweat from gas foot? ;)

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I stuck plaster tape from 3M in the door sills to have some protection and saw that the rubber on the passenger door has a clear "kinking" at the bottom. Agent emailed he'll look at it when I get the roofrack and table. Otherwise the car is fine. Today I also removed the 2/3 seat at the appointment with my carpenter.IMG_7520.jpegIMG_7521.jpegIMG_7528.jpegIMG_7526.jpeg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
Today an old gate picked a fight with the Grenadier.

Old gate:
WP_20230614_15_38_50_Pro.jpg

Grenadier:
WP_20230614_15_41_31_Pro.jpgWP_20230614_15_41_36_Pro.jpg

I'm calling that a significant win for the Grenadier.

It really was a large bang, as the wind slammed the gate into the side just as I was driving through. Well done to the door handle team - you obviously fought harder with the cost engineer than some of your colleagues (yes that's you Mr wheel nut man, Miss roof strips & Mrs bottle jack).

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today the RAF Hercules was over flying relevant stations (RAF Cranwell) as a mark of its passing from RAF service. So off we went in Donny!

View attachment 7816512
We live in a RAF low flying training area. Hercules are quite common on trying to take my conifer tree shelter belt tops off. But last couple of weeks we have had very low F16s and on Monday two very very low Apaches trying to take my electricity post out. Upsetting horse and sheep.
We previously lived near Spadeadam having Apaches often popping up from the woods

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
Today the RAF Hercules was over flying relevant stations (RAF Cranwell) as a mark of its passing from RAF service. So off we went in Donny!

View attachment 7816512
We will be looking at Davidstow Airfield soon. With the Grenadier, of course. Maybe a Hercules will find its final resting place there too.
If any of you are at home nearby, send me a personal message. Maybe we can meet up. That would be a pleasure.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm visiting my daddy today. He is 91 years old and after an infected hip endoprosthesis (Girdlestone hip) that was explanted, he is almost exclusively in a wheelchair. With the help of the side step, he managed to climb into the Greni and ride a lap with me. The great tropic has kept him busy. The journey here over 450 km went very well. No problem. The described little habits. We're going back home tomorrow. Consumption so far a good 12.4 l/100 km. But my wife also drove a lot so that I could study the manual in peace. On the highway likes out of a Tesla.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm visiting my daddy today. He is 91 years old and after an infected hip endoprosthesis (Girdlestone hip) that was explanted, he is almost exclusively in a wheelchair. With the help of the side step, he managed to climb into the Greni and ride a lap with me. The great tropic has kept him busy. The journey here over 450 km went very well. No problem. The described little habits. We're going back home tomorrow. Consumption so far a good 12.4 l/100 km. But my wife also drove a lot so that I could study the manual in peace. On the highway likes out of a Tesla.
Good innings for your father and what a nice thing to do with him riding in the new Gren. Hope he liked it. 👍

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LHD, Trialmaster
Today I had some time to take care of small but time-consuming (if you do it right) things. And made some interesting discoveries in the process.

Since I'm usually alone when I hitch up the trailer and it's very dark, especially in winter, I always have trouble seeing the trailer hitch. Now, for the first time, I have a reversing camera. I don't have that luxury with my Land Rover. I have to get out of the car 10 times in the dark to get the ball exactly under the trailer hitch.
However, from my point of view, the rear view camera of the Grenadier is not very bright. Therefore, I have mounted a mobile reversing light, which I can quickly detach with an eccentric lock and stow away in the vehicle. But it can also remain mounted, as it has road approval. I connected it electrically with the DTP plug to a roof outlet. I have just tried it out. Fantastic.

When dismantling the trim, I noticed that a screw was missing. I then found it on the floor panel between cable harnesses. While driving, something always vibrated at the natural frequency of 1800-1900 rpm. Now I know, it was the screw. I tried to screw it in when I was fitting the fairing, without success. There was no thread in the hole. So the worker on the assembly line just put the screw on the floor. So I cut the thread. What was that about high quality requirements?
I have fitted a DTP connector to the prepared cable ends in the footwell on the driver's side. From there, I pulled a wire to the back of the boot, as I will install a DTP socket there that I can switch with a switch on the ceiling.

When I move the seat all the way back, it always engages on one side first. By pushing it back and forth with a bit of momentum, it then also locks on the other side. I also found the cause. The employee at the assembly line in France glued the rubber stopper to the front of the stop (that's where it's supposed to go) and on the other side it was simply glued behind the stop plate (no function).

Have any of you ever taken out the rubber floor mat?
On the driver's side it is clipped to the floor in 2 places. This clip fastener is so tight that it is almost impossible to remove the mat. I used sandpaper to make the diameter of the pins a little smaller. Now it can be removed by pulling gently.

That's it for today.

Land Rover's former slogan "Discover a new adventure every day" also applies to the Grenadier. And you don't even have to drive it. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2369.jpg
    IMG_2369.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted taking these bits off to look underneath as yet? Still looking for a spot for the UHF body, pictures I have seen behind dash panels it’s pretty tight in there.
IMG_4237.jpeg

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
LHD, Trialmaster
Today I had some time to take care of small but time-consuming (if you do it right) things. And made some interesting discoveries in the process.

Since I'm usually alone when I hitch up the trailer and it's very dark, especially in winter, I always have trouble seeing the trailer hitch. Now, for the first time, I have a reversing camera. I don't have that luxury with my Land Rover. I have to get out of the car 10 times in the dark to get the ball exactly under the trailer hitch.
However, from my point of view, the rear view camera of the Grenadier is not very bright. Therefore, I have mounted a mobile reversing light, which I can quickly detach with an eccentric lock and stow away in the vehicle. But it can also remain mounted, as it has road approval. I connected it electrically with the DTP plug to a roof outlet. I have just tried it out. Fantastic.

When dismantling the trim, I noticed that a screw was missing. I then found it on the floor panel between cable harnesses. While driving, something always vibrated at the natural frequency of 1800-1900 rpm. Now I know, it was the screw. I tried to screw it in when I was fitting the fairing, without success. There was no thread in the hole. So the worker on the assembly line just put the screw on the floor. So I cut the thread. What was that about high quality requirements?
I have fitted a DTP connector to the prepared cable ends in the footwell on the driver's side. From there, I pulled a wire to the back of the boot, as I will install a DTP socket there that I can switch with a switch on the ceiling.

When I move the seat all the way back, it always engages on one side first. By pushing it back and forth with a bit of momentum, it then also locks on the other side. I also found the cause. The employee at the assembly line in France glued the rubber stopper to the front of the stop (that's where it's supposed to go) and on the other side it was simply glued behind the stop plate (no function).

Have any of you ever taken out the rubber floor mat?
On the driver's side it is clipped to the floor in 2 places. This clip fastener is so tight that it is almost impossible to remove the mat. I used sandpaper to make the diameter of the pins a little smaller. Now it can be removed by pulling gently.

That's it for today.

Land Rover's former slogan "Discover a new adventure every day" also applies to the Grenadier. And you don't even have to drive it. ;)
A reversing light such as yours can also be useful during the daytime when off-highway driving. A bright rear facing light will help drivers following in convoy see you through heavy dust.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted taking these bits off to look underneath as yet? Still looking for a spot for the UHF body, pictures I have seen behind dash panels it’s pretty tight in there.
View attachment 7816994
There was a story on here somewhere that showed the interior stripped out.
They did quilted saddle leather interior.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There was a story on here somewhere that showed the interior stripped out.
They did quilted saddle leather interior.
I saw that one, but I didn’t see that bit stripped, but will go and try and find it and see

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7816994
@AnD3rew I was thinking about this the other night. There should be heaps of room under the rear seat to mount the UHF body somewhere, (and close to the battery) then just need to somehow get the hand piece (which on my Icom also has the controls and speaker) to the front to mount on the dash somewhere. I’ve never investigated a lead extender before but I’d be surprised if they didn’t exist.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A reversing light such as yours can also be useful during the daytime when off-highway driving. A bright rear facing light will help drivers following in convoy see you through heavy dust.
Yes, that is correct. I have also observed this in lorries. However, with my circuit I would always have to remember to operate EXT switches on the headliner. Otherwise, you would have to connect it in parallel to the original reversing light.

In my case, however, I would then have the problem that it would not light up when I got out of the car, as I would have to switch the gearbox from R to P.

Back
Top Bottom