The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
The last week I spend on a fair for fire departments. I initially planed to set up a rescue scenario with the Grenadier and some pneumatic cushions to lift it up on one side. Unfortunately we needed the space on short notice for a partner who offers rescue equipment for big animals. He didn’t get the spare the fair promised him so it was in or out for him. Without a question we gave him the spot.
I asked the fair manager more for fun whether he has another spot on the fair where I could park my car and he surprisingly said yes. A catering van had been moved away, so my private Grenadier stood four days at one of the most attractive spots just 30 meters from the local Ineos dealer.
So it came that next to my normal job I explained the car to many members of professional and voluntary fire brigades.
(Best customers to have! Just unique great people!)
After the private tour I brought them over to the dealer LUEG from Essen, where the very good personal was able to provide more details about fire department specific adjustments.
In my region I know for sure four fire departments that wants to buy at least one Grenadier.
If someone here needs the contact for his fire department, please write me a private message. I will help as much as I can.IMG_9372.jpegIMG_9373.jpeg

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
LHD, Trialmaster
Heute hatte ich etwas Zeit, mich um kleine, aber zeitaufwändige (wenn Sie es richtig machen) Dinge zu kümmern. Und machte dabei einige interessante Entdeckungen.

Da ich normalerweise allein bin, wenn ich den Anhänger anhänge und es sehr dunkel ist, besonders im Winter, habe ich immer Schwierigkeiten, die Anhängerkupplung zu sehen. Jetzt habe ich zum ersten Mal eine Rückfahrkamera. Ich habe diesen Luxus mit meinem Land Rover nicht. Ich muss 10 Mal im Dunkeln aus dem Auto steigen, um den Ball genau unter die Anhängerkupplung zu bekommen.
Aus meiner Sicht ist die Rückfahrkamera des Grenadiers jedoch nicht sehr hell. Daher habe ich eine mobile Rückfahrleuchte montiert, die ich schnell mit einem exzentrischen Schloss lösen und im Fahrzeug verstauen kann. Aber es kann auch montiert bleiben, da es eine Straßengenehmigung hat. Ich habe es elektrisch mit dem DTP-Stecker an eine Dachsteckdose angeschlossen. Ich habe es gerade ausprobiert. Fantastisch.

Beim Abbau der Verkleidung bemerkte ich, dass eine Schraube fehlte. Dann fand ich es auf der Bodenplatte zwischen den Kabelbäumen. Während der Fahrt vibrierte immer etwas bei der natürlichen Frequenz von 1800-1900 U/min. Jetzt weiß ich, es war die Schraube. Ich habe versucht, es einzuschrauben, als ich die Verkleidung anbringen wollte, ohne Erfolg. Es war kein Faden im Loch. Also legte der Arbeiter am Fließband einfach die Schraube auf den Boden. Also schnitt ich den Faden. Was war das mit den hohen Qualitätsanforderungen?
Ich habe einen DTP-Stecker an den vorbereiteten Kabelenden im Fußraum auf der Fahrerseite angebracht. Von dort aus zog ich ein Kabel an die Rückseite des Stiefels, da ich dort eine DTP-Buchse installieren werde, die ich mit einem Schalter an der Decke wechseln kann.

Wenn ich den Sitz ganz nach hinten bewege, greift er immer zuerst auf einer Seite ein. Indem es mit ein wenig Schwung hin und her geschoben wird, sperrt es sich dann auch auf der anderen Seite. Ich habe auch die Ursache gefunden. Der Mitarbeiter am Fließband in Frankreich klebte den Gummistopfen an die Vorderseite des Stopps (da soll er hingehen) und auf der anderen Seite wurde er einfach hinter die Stoppplatte geklebt (keine Funktion).

Hat jemand von euch jemals die Gummifußmatte herausgenommen?
Auf der Fahrerseite ist es an 2 Stellen auf den Boden geklebt. Dieser Clip-Befestigung ist so eng, dass es fast unmöglich ist, die Matte zu entfernen. Ich habe Schleifpapier verwendet, um den Durchmesser der Stifte etwas kleiner zu machen. Jetzt kann es durch sanften Ziehen entfernt werden.

Das war's für heute.

Der frühere Slogan von Land Rover "Entdecken Sie jeden Tag ein neues Abenteuer" gilt auch für den Grenadier. Und Sie müssen es nicht einmal fahren.;)
Hallo Rovie, vielen Dank für Ihren interessanten Bericht. Ja, es gibt immer etwas Neues zu entdecken. Es könnte einen Thread geben, aber wissen Sie, wie Sie dieses Ding reparieren können, ohne es zu brechen?IMG_7552.jpeg

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
@AnD3rew I was thinking about this the other night. There should be heaps of room under the rear seat to mount the UHF body somewhere, (and close to the battery) then just need to somehow get the hand piece (which on my Icom also has the controls and speaker) to the front to mount on the dash somewhere. I’ve never investigated a lead extender before but I’d be surprised if they didn’t exist.
Yes rj45 extension leads and connectors exist for handsets or make your own.. as do bulkhead pass throughs, plenty on eBay..

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Hallo Rovie, vielen Dank für Ihren interessanten Bericht. Ja, es gibt immer etwas Neues zu entdecken. Es könnte einen Thread geben, aber wissen Sie, wie Sie dieses Ding reparieren können, ohne es zu brechen?View attachment 7817016
It is a plastic screw that can be unscrewed and screwed in with a large screwdriver.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LHD, Trialmaster
Today I had some time to take care of small but time-consuming (if you do it right) things. And made some interesting discoveries in the process.

Since I'm usually alone when I hitch up the trailer and it's very dark, especially in winter, I always have trouble seeing the trailer hitch. Now, for the first time, I have a reversing camera. I don't have that luxury with my Land Rover. I have to get out of the car 10 times in the dark to get the ball exactly under the trailer hitch.
However, from my point of view, the rear view camera of the Grenadier is not very bright. Therefore, I have mounted a mobile reversing light, which I can quickly detach with an eccentric lock and stow away in the vehicle. But it can also remain mounted, as it has road approval. I connected it electrically with the DTP plug to a roof outlet. I have just tried it out. Fantastic.

When dismantling the trim, I noticed that a screw was missing. I then found it on the floor panel between cable harnesses. While driving, something always vibrated at the natural frequency of 1800-1900 rpm. Now I know, it was the screw. I tried to screw it in when I was fitting the fairing, without success. There was no thread in the hole. So the worker on the assembly line just put the screw on the floor. So I cut the thread. What was that about high quality requirements?
I have fitted a DTP connector to the prepared cable ends in the footwell on the driver's side. From there, I pulled a wire to the back of the boot, as I will install a DTP socket there that I can switch with a switch on the ceiling.

When I move the seat all the way back, it always engages on one side first. By pushing it back and forth with a bit of momentum, it then also locks on the other side. I also found the cause. The employee at the assembly line in France glued the rubber stopper to the front of the stop (that's where it's supposed to go) and on the other side it was simply glued behind the stop plate (no function).

Have any of you ever taken out the rubber floor mat?
On the driver's side it is clipped to the floor in 2 places. This clip fastener is so tight that it is almost impossible to remove the mat. I used sandpaper to make the diameter of the pins a little smaller. Now it can be removed by pulling gently.

That's it for today.

Land Rover's former slogan "Discover a new adventure every day" also applies to the Grenadier. And you don't even have to drive it. ;)
I've been contacted by a few of you about where I got the reversing light.
Since more people might be interested, I'm posting here in the general forum.

If you are looking for very good LED worklights of all types with excellent build quality, go to AGRAR LED.de.

They are the professionals.
These headlights are mounted on tractors and make the surroundings really bright. Just look at a tractor working a field at night. You will think it is daytime.

And all this at a very good price-performance ratio.
However, I have not checked whether AGRAR LED also ships to other countries.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@AnD3rew I was thinking about this the other night. There should be heaps of room under the rear seat to mount the UHF body somewhere, (and close to the battery) then just need to somehow get the hand piece (which on my Icom also has the controls and speaker) to the front to mount on the dash somewhere. I’ve never investigated a lead extender before but I’d be surprised if they didn’t exist.
Yes there is room there, and I have extender, that’s easy, but then you also need to get the aerial cable back there to it and my aerial will be on the roo bar, so prefer to have it forward of the rear passenger compartment.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LHD, Trialmaster
Today I had some time to take care of small but time-consuming (if you do it right) things. And made some interesting discoveries in the process.

Since I'm usually alone when I hitch up the trailer and it's very dark, especially in winter, I always have trouble seeing the trailer hitch. Now, for the first time, I have a reversing camera. I don't have that luxury with my Land Rover. I have to get out of the car 10 times in the dark to get the ball exactly under the trailer hitch.
However, from my point of view, the rear view camera of the Grenadier is not very bright. Therefore, I have mounted a mobile reversing light, which I can quickly detach with an eccentric lock and stow away in the vehicle. But it can also remain mounted, as it has road approval. I connected it electrically with the DTP plug to a roof outlet. I have just tried it out. Fantastic.

When dismantling the trim, I noticed that a screw was missing. I then found it on the floor panel between cable harnesses. While driving, something always vibrated at the natural frequency of 1800-1900 rpm. Now I know, it was the screw. I tried to screw it in when I was fitting the fairing, without success. There was no thread in the hole. So the worker on the assembly line just put the screw on the floor. So I cut the thread. What was that about high quality requirements?
I have fitted a DTP connector to the prepared cable ends in the footwell on the driver's side. From there, I pulled a wire to the back of the boot, as I will install a DTP socket there that I can switch with a switch on the ceiling.

When I move the seat all the way back, it always engages on one side first. By pushing it back and forth with a bit of momentum, it then also locks on the other side. I also found the cause. The employee at the assembly line in France glued the rubber stopper to the front of the stop (that's where it's supposed to go) and on the other side it was simply glued behind the stop plate (no function).

Have any of you ever taken out the rubber floor mat?
On the driver's side it is clipped to the floor in 2 places. This clip fastener is so tight that it is almost impossible to remove the mat. I used sandpaper to make the diameter of the pins a little smaller. Now it can be removed by pulling gently.

That's it for today.

Land Rover's former slogan "Discover a new adventure every day" also applies to the Grenadier. And you don't even have to drive it. ;)
Wie hast Du den Scheinwerfer befestigt?
Halterung vom selben Hersteller?
und gibt es das Kabel mit entsprechendem Stecker für die dose am Dach?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’d be sure to test for interference before mounting nearby the batteries @bigleonski

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
@AnD3rew The side is coming away on its own in mine:
View attachment 7817029
I tried but didn't finish. It's clicked at the top, but I can't get it loose at the front without taking it apart more. I was looking for a way to route the power cable for the dash cam from the box to the windshield.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tried but didn't finish. It's clicked at the top, but I can't get it loose at the front without taking it apart more. I was looking for a way to route the power cable for the dash cam from the box to the windshield.
That's why we really need those technical manuals from Ineos, or will they wait till our cars are out of warranty? :eek: :unsure: :mad:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wie hast Du den Scheinwerfer befestigt?
Halterung vom selben Hersteller?
und gibt es das Kabel mit entsprechendem Stecker für die dose am Dach?
(I am replying here in the international section in English so that others can also use this info.)

I deliberately wanted a professional mount that I could attach and detach quickly, because I keep the work light in the boot when not in use.
That's why I opted for a really well-made bracket from DuraTruss. They come from NL and are also represented in US.
I improved the clamping myself with rubber so that I don't scratch my ladder.

A cable is already mounted on the work light. However, since the housing including the screw is sealed, I extended the cable to the socket. In this case I soldered, insulated and covered it with heat shrink tubing.
Then I attached the matching Deutsch DTP plug at the end.

Attachments

• IMG_2395.jpg
    IMG_2395.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 179

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I saw that one, but I didn’t see that bit stripped, but will go and try and find it and see
I had this photo saved if it helps. From post 382 in this thread. Might be room under the cubby box. I'm sure there'll be a spot up under the psgr side dash somewhere or even behind a kick panel in the footwell.

Attachments

• IMG_7951.jpeg
    IMG_7951.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted taking these bits off to look underneath as yet? Still looking for a spot for the UHF body, pictures I have seen behind dash panels it’s pretty tight in there.
View attachment 7816994
I'm pretty sure, depending on the size of the unit, there is room below the driver's seat up against the console where the tunnel ends (if that makes sense) that way the hand piece can be mounted on the left of the instrument cluster.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I checked my rubber stops, they were glued on the right side. Well, well, clearly some Quality Assurance problems at Ineos Automotive.
It rained a lot tonight. I have water infiltration, some drops again on the footwell.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I checked my rubber stops, they were glued on the right side. Well, well, clearly some Quality Assurance problems at Ineos Automotive.
It rained a lot tonight. I have water infiltration, some drops again on the footwell.
We still haven't had any rain, but as I said, I watered the Grenadier down intensively with the garden hose. I didn't notice any water in the interior.

Back
Top Bottom