The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

water leak at Safari Roof

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Hello @Jean Mercier Thank you for all you do on this forum! Did you do a post after seals were replaced? I hope they were replaced and and the leak was fixed. I have the same issue. I called my dealer late Thursday afternoon but have not heard back from them. Has anyone in the US had this fixed? Has anyone in the US been told they can use SikaLastomer or other product for temporary fix? My leak is small but I live in Western Washington USA, there is rain forecast 6 out of the next 7 days and this is not unusual.

Cheers!
One seal was replaced and they also did put a layer of Sikalastomer on it. The other wasn't, but my temporary repair is still doing well.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
One seal was replaced and they also did put a layer of Sikalastomer on it. The other wasn't, but my temporary repair is still doing well.
Thank you Jean!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
I wonder how common this leaking seals issue is. I have been fortunate in having no leaks whatsoever however, a comment from an acquaintance had me wondering just how common this problem might be. He knows of two owners having terrible problems. I am the third owner he knows. Can he safely assume that lots of owners are having these problems?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
I wonder how common this leaking seals issue is. I have been fortunate in having no leaks whatsoever however, a comment from an acquaintance had me wondering just how common this problem might be. He knows of two owners having terrible problems. I am the third owner he knows. Can he safely assume that lots of owners are having these problems?
They are the same manual sunroof design that first appeared on early-80’s Japanese cars. I was afraid to order them.

Back
Top Bottom