The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vehicle mounted twin air compressor

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Hello TheDocAUS:

I used the anchoring of the fastening ring at the rear right (standard). I made a bushing to bridge the recess. This is connected to the rear plate of the air compressor. If the distance is correct, the side bolts/nuts of the compressor can be fastened to the back plate.
I did not want to drill any holes etc. The only thing I had to change was the cable harness feed-through in the lower small cover. I routed the wiring harness to the front of the auxiliary battery.

Regards Markus
Any pics during install process you can share?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
Hi grenadierboy, That is a very nice clean install. Is that a single cylinder ARB? DaBull
I would say yes, because I think the "twin cylinder" doesn't fit, unless I am wrong.

I finished my ARB single cylinder compressor installation today (it almost didn't 🌦️ and no work)
I will post some pictures and tips and tricks today or tomorrow, but most inspiration I got on this forum, thanks to everybody who documented their compressor install.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:42 PM
Reaction score
Im keen to flatten out the area over the wheel arch. Im not a fan of drawers so like to have a nice squared off cargo area.

Investigating producing a replacement for the plastic panel out of Aluminium and providing a space on top of the wheel arch for the ARM twin compressor. Then plumb it to a tank under the vehicle near the adblue tanks.

1704855868079.png

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
Third vote for them being hot and loud. I've got the ARB twin mounted in the cubby, just aft of my right rear wheel (Tacoma). I've had one electrical fault, but no mechanical problems with the unit. They are pretty tough, but I'd prefer to have it inside the vehicle. I'm pretty sure it will last longer and be more reliable if its inside the cab some where. No way around the noise and heat though. Its a conundrum...
A friend of mine and I each bought the twin ARB for our LC200’s in 2012 at the same time. He had a VXR with electric seats (so not enough room to mount it under the driver’s seat), so he ordered the Slee mounting kit and mounted it in the engine bay. I had a GXR with manual seats so mounted mine under my seat. In November 2023 when I sold my 200, my twin compressor was still as good as new. He was on his third. They had about the same use (we camped in the Saudi desert together and each had 35”s). There were two differences: the first, the heat between the air conditioned air mine received and the engine bay air his received. Second, and probably more important, if I accidentally hit the switch with my knee, I could immediately tell it had done it. If he did, he may not know for days (since after filling the tank, it only came on when pressure dropped). Take that anecdotal evidence for what it’s worth when considering mounting locations (nothing?).

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Im keen to flatten out the area over the wheel arch. Im not a fan of drawers so like to have a nice squared off cargo area.

Investigating producing a replacement for the plastic panel out of Aluminium and providing a space on top of the wheel arch for the ARM twin compressor. Then plumb it to a tank under the vehicle near the adblue tanks.

View attachment 7839184
I agree totally - it's such an odd thing that IA didn't do something here to be more practical.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
I agree totally - it's such an odd thing that IA didn't do something here to be more practical.
Um, I think IA was forward thinking, they slapped a laptop sticker on it. This was built on purpose as a laptop work station. Now you can squeeze yourself back there to knock out that email

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Um, I think IA was forward thinking, they slapped a laptop sticker on it. This was built on purpose as a laptop work station. Now you can squeeze yourself back there to knock out that email
Or maybe a live broadcast for a podcast.

Right @Stu_Barnes ;)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
I saw that also. What do you guys think about the placement of the compressor? I’m not sure. Looks a bit forced.
I don't like it either, it takes too much space in the boot. It is of course a quite easy install, compared to the "one cylinder ARB" install behind the secondary battery (space is very tight).

Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
I saw that also. What do you guys think about the placement of the compressor? I’m not sure. Looks a bit forced.

Yeah - not ideal.

I know most people will be keeping the second row of seats, but some of us are planning on doing the rear seat delete from Goose Gear. I'm thinking there will be somewhere in this set-up to mount a compressor. It looks like there is a big overhang - i.e. the flat floor extends over the box that contains the batteries and other electronics. It looks like it might be possible to mount a twin ARB somewhere around where I put the red circle.

If @GooseGear has any thoughts - be great to hear them.

P.S. I'm not interested in the single motor compressor mounted inside the electronics box, for two reasons: the single is a little slow for four tires (particularly if the tires are 'oversized'), and I think it might generate too much heat in there.

GG_rear_seat_5.jpg
Photo from Goose Gear: https://www.goose-gear.com/products/ineos-grenadier-2024-present-second-row-seat-delete-plate-system

Last edited:

Strib81

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
ARB Twin Compressor installed behind trim!!
Had to relocate ac inverter and build wiring harness extentions as well as custom mounts for everything.

Attachments

• IMG_3259.jpeg
    IMG_3259.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3255.jpeg
    IMG_3255.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3190.jpeg
    IMG_3190.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 164

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there enough air circulating to cool the compressor?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
There's only one way to find out!
Anyway , once you start removing panels it's popped the cherry of boring holes in things :D Don't worry about the "next owner".

Strib81

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
Is there enough air circulating to

The twin compressor has a cooling fan to circulate air. Notice the vents on the trim panel. They are directly above the compressor air intakes. So I believe the answer is yes.

Back
Top Bottom