The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vehicle mounted twin air compressor

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
How do you find the ORS drawers? Only a few companies doing drawer for the Gren at the moment Drifta, ORS, XSPEC and a few OS. I like the MSA drawers, but could only fit a single in as it stands.
ORS make excellent drawers. I had the aluminum version on my Nissan Patrol for about 12 years. They even managed to survive the crash OK, but they lifted from the floor as the chassis got bent.

I visited ORS last week to order the new drawers for the INEOS. Quote should come this week.

ORS will also install a twin ARB compressor mounted on a bracket secured to the two tie down points on the passenger side of the car (the points on the side of the INEOS, not the floor) . I will also have a 4 litre air tank mounted on the bracket.

Last edited:

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How do you find the ORS drawers? Only a few companies doing drawer for the Gren at the moment Drifta, ORS, XSPEC and a few OS. I like the MSA drawers, but could only fit a single in as it stands.
Hi Cam
Very happy with there service and build time of 4 weeks. Build quality is very good and the top piece hugs the trim with mm precision. 25% deposit and the rest on pick up was also great, I installed my self and it bolts directly to the floor threads under the aluminium track. Because of the higher draws I went for the double slide on each draw as well.

Reactions: Cam

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:09 PM
Reaction score
Hi Cam
Very happy with there service and build time of 4 weeks. Build quality is very good and the top piece hugs the trim with mm precision. 25% deposit and the rest on pick up was also great, I installed my self and it bolts directly to the floor threads under the aluminium track. Because of the higher draws I went for the double slide on each draw as well.

ORS make excellent drawers. I had the aluminium version on my Nissan Patrol for about 12 years. They even managed to survive the crash OK, but they lifted from the floor as the chassis got bent

I visited ORS last week to order the new drawers for the INEOS. Quote should come this week.

ORS will also install a twin ARB compressor mounted on a bracket secured to the two tie down points on the passenger side of the car (the points on the side of the INEOS, not the floor) . I will also have a 4 litre air tank mounted on the bracket.
Great, thanks. Look forward to some photos!

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Cam
Fantastic. Cheers!

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ORS make excellent drawers. I had the aluminum version on my Nissan Patrol for about 12 years. They even managed to survive the crash OK, but they lifted from the floor as the chassis got bent.

I have found these guys which look very good: http://dunnandwatson.com.au custom sizes and finishes, quality seals and locks, Aus made, loads of other gear too. Think they will be the ones. MSA were not interested in discussing which was disappointing.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have found these guys which look very good: http://dunnandwatson.com.au custom sizes and finishes, quality seals and locks, Aus made, loads of other gear too. Think they will be the ones. MSA were not interested in discussing which was disappointing.
Touring with this Dunn and Watson at present. Single drawer set up to keep it as light as possible. My other wagon has twin drawers and prefer the single now, open up and everything is there. I was going to put a full width top on it and fill the sides but undecided now having used it. I have a D&W drop fridge slide to fit later so might be better with the top on so I can fit the slide to the far left. I'm finding it handy at present using dead space either side of the drawers for throwing 'stuff' in...

d4.jpg
d3.jpg

d1.jpg

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Touring with this Dunn and Watson at present. Single drawer set up to keep it as light as possible. My other wagon has twin drawers and prefer the single now, open up and everything is there. I was going to put a full width top on it and fill the sides but undecided now having used it. I have a D&W drop fridge slide to fit later so might be better with the top on so I can fit the slide to the far left. I'm finding it handy at present using dead space either side of the drawers for throwing 'stuff' in...

View attachment 7834096
View attachment 7834097

View attachment 7834098
Looks good. Single drawer might be a consideration, thanks for the suggestion. How does the compressor go hanging off the rail? I thought maybe a bit heavy on rougher roads, corrugations etc.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7834096
View attachment 7834097

View attachment 7834098
Do you have a closer shot of the twin air compressor, the bracket? It looks like it is mounted on an L track.

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks good. Single drawer might be a consideration, thanks for the suggestion. How does the compressor go hanging off the rail? I thought maybe a bit heavy on rougher roads, corrugations etc.
Yes I'll keep an eye on the compressor. I installed another two bolts via rivnuts to secure the mount so 4 all up..

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I'll keep an eye on the compressor. I installed another two bolts via rivnuts to secure the mount so 4 all up..
Interested why you went with a twin compressor setup v. single?

Are you going larger tyres?

I think stock Grenadier tyres can be inflated from 14psi to at least 35psi in less than 6 minutes each = around 24 minutes running time.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me, because it is a lot quicker to inflate tyres using a twin air compressor, plus they have built in redundancy and you have less wear and tear on a twin.
Yes - quicker.

My comment above: sub- 6 minutes is for a single at from 6psi.

BTW: if you decide their current positioning is not optimal - I think a twin can go under the front seat but not the rear seat.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes - quicker.

My comment above: sub- 6 minutes is for a single at from 6psi.

BTW: if you decide their current positioning is not optimal - I think a twin can go under the front seat but not the rear seat.
Kneeling on the ground, even on a rubber mat, is no fun for 6 minutes for each tyre. Shorter is better, even if I have to pay for it.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Plus a twin inflate can handle dual and quad inflate set ups allowing you to inflate multiple tires at once at a quicker rate.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Plus a twin inflate can handle dual and quad inflate set ups allowing you to inflate multiple tires at once at a quicker rate.
I like this idea, but I'm struggling with the ease of dual inflation vs. extra handling/storage.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good solution. I have the ARB suitcase, so the built-in air tank is essentially my time saver.
Same here - Although, I'm keen to see if the twin compressor itself will fit into the wheel storage box - so, I'd remove it from the suitcase and figure out some way to mount inside the wheel storage box (bonus points if it fits with enough space to put a hose in as well!). Any thoughts on this approach?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same here - Although, I'm keen to see if the twin compressor itself will fit into the wheel storage box - so, I'd remove it from the suitcase and figure out some way to mount inside the wheel storage box (bonus points if it fits with enough space to put a hose in as well!). Any thoughts on this approach?
As in the spare tire? I'm not sure if that would work on a number of levels, paramount being the need to access the lugnuts to remove the tire itself.

Back
Top Bottom