The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vehicle mounted twin air compressor

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
I'd need ear defenders if I was going to sit in the cabin, right on top of a running compressor for 7 mins. 🙉
ha, fortunately own quite a few pairs of those. They should be relatively quiet these days? My 4x4 one from Ring is quiet - subjective I know and my hearing isn't the best!

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
You know where this thing (and maybe even the tank) would fit perfectly? Under the passenger seat right side space- also right next to the power supply. Super convenient. Could even work out an adapter for the plug that mounts external to the box, or footwell area. And there it is. Mount this Kraken panel on the side of the 2 seat utility version metal box that surrounds the battery space- and the plug is easy to get to. Thanks @Krabby
Just remember that these compressors get pretty hot, so will need some ventilation. Under the front passenger seat (if there is room!) may be better than the sealed bos under the rear seats!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
This T-thing (T-Max?) would probably suffice for me. It's not for a workshop but only for occasional use.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why not just install a central tyre inflation system
They show one installed on a Toyota. I know I would rip those hoses off in about 2 seconds though!

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This T-thing (T-Max?) would probably suffice for me. It's not for a workshop but only for occasional use.
They are very good for the money and quite capable of blowing up 4x4 tyres from flat. Gets very hot though. I’ve certainly had no problems. But will probably upgrade to a twin cylinder ARB should my Tmax fail.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why not just install a central tyre inflation system
they show one installed on a toyota. I know i would rip those hoses off in about 2 seconds though!
Agreed they would get ripped off in no time in deep ruts and mud

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But a through axle system like one offered by Carraro on it's tractor axles would solve that problem.
Yes sure. I don’t know that system. The only ones I’ve seen on unimogs and MAN trucks look vulnerable although they wire solid pipes

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought he'd said he wouldn't be getting one? "Wasted" his money on a new 90.

Local time
Reaction score
Just remember that these compressors get pretty hot, so will need some ventilation. Under the front passenger seat (if there is room!) may be better than the sealed bos under the rear seats!
Third vote for them being hot and loud. I've got the ARB twin mounted in the cubby, just aft of my right rear wheel (Tacoma). I've had one electrical fault, but no mechanical problems with the unit. They are pretty tough, but I'd prefer to have it inside the vehicle. I'm pretty sure it will last longer and be more reliable if its inside the cab some where. No way around the noise and heat though. Its a conundrum...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time