The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vehicle mounted twin air compressor

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Yes sure. I don’t know that system. The only ones I’ve seen on unimogs and MAN trucks look vulnerable although they wire solid pipes
I'm wondering if the plastic tubes seen going into the axle ends could possibly be this rather than axle breathers?

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
Anyone had any thoughts, or perhaps previous experience or observations, about installation of a twin cylinder compressor?

Particularly interested in mounting location, preferably not in the interior. Previously was using a portable single.

View attachment 7801392
if it fits, i plan to install it on the inside of the spare wheel. its common on jeeps, broncos, i dont know if fitment allows on the grenadier

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Third vote for them being hot and loud. I've got the ARB twin mounted in the cubby, just aft of my right rear wheel (Tacoma). I've had one electrical fault, but no mechanical problems with the unit. They are pretty tough, but I'd prefer to have it inside the vehicle. I'm pretty sure it will last longer and be more reliable if its inside the cab some where. No way around the noise and heat though. Its a conundrum...
Doesn't the boxed version give you the best of both worlds?

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Super, not seen that - I’ll investigate.
It should look something like this under the wheel , hope it fits similarity on the gren otherwise it’s probably gona go under the seat

Attachments

• 5CEAAB93-020E-4DB0-80AB-143B45C62F03.jpeg
    5CEAAB93-020E-4DB0-80AB-143B45C62F03.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 83

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
It should look something like this under the wheel , hope it fits similarity on the gren otherwise it’s probably gona go under the seat
Oh, interesting. That might take some tinkering with the reverse-mount spare but is certainly worth a look.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
One potential problem on the Gren. Remember the rear wheel is mounted “backwards” in that the face of the wheel is against the door and the cavity is facing forward to be used as a storage area with the one wheel cover. Not sure if that’ll leave enough room.

Local time
Reaction score
Doesn't the boxed version give you the best of both worlds?
Yeah, mostly. The noise and heat are not a problem, but the unit still gets really dirty, and I think that was a factor in the electrical fault I had. While it is in a cubby, and I have a topper on the truck, the cubby has drainage holes that are conduits for all the crap you drive through: dust, dirt, mud, magnesium chloride that they put down on icy roads. In a future set-up, I'd like the compressor inside a fully-sealed vehicle, but that's when the noise and heat become a problem to solve.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
While googling for the ARB compressor, I found a shop, not that far from my place, unknown to me, with the compressor and a lot of other stuff, the site is in English!
I think I will have to visit that place :cool:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I saw also the ARB "single" (my definition ;) ), wondering what are the main disadvantages of this one compared to the "twin".
I have no compressor experience. But I bought recently a cheap Chinese compressor of 24 €. I tested it, it works, but is indeed very slow!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
I saw also the ARB "single" (my definition ;) ), wondering what are the main disadvantages of this one compared to the "twin".
I have no compressor experience. But I bought recently a cheap Chinese compressor of 24 €. I tested it, it works, but is indeed very slow!
Is the ARB you mentioned more for locker activation?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It says "it can be used for locker activation" therefore I would guess it wasn't designed only for this.
It also says: "with air output for up to four tires (35″- 37″)"

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, interesting. That might take some tinkering with the reverse-mount spare but is certainly worth a look.
I had not thought of the reverse mount in the gren… good point

Back
Top Bottom