The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vehicle mounted twin air compressor

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
How about this?

I have the smaller version… I’m sort of hoping to preserve the load space.
Those are a pretty bulky unit and I’m rather hoping to reallocate that volume to recovery equipment etc.

A single cylinder would fit beneath the driver or passenger seat but I like the redundancy offered by the twin.
Also thinking I wouldn’t bother with the pressure tank as I’ve got an 8V impact/rattle gun in the back already.

Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
Had a 12V Viair compressor mounted in the engine bay of a G wagon. It gave up the ghost after six or seven years of heavy use, inflating tires left right and centre on a daily basis. Very powerful rig:

They've been around for about thirty years and have become somewhat of a standard for vehicle mounted solutions in EU (unless you got a LR/LC with ARB lockers). The old model I had was along the lines of the one in the link.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
Since under the seats are not full of electrical harnesses, have you thought of something like the Epic Kraken that was made for jeeps? You could probably retrofit or fabricate something for under the seats.

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
You know where this thing (and maybe even the tank) would fit perfectly? Under the passenger seat right side space- also right next to the power supply. Super convenient. Could even work out an adapter for the plug that mounts external to the box, or footwell area. And there it is. Mount this Kraken panel on the side of the 2 seat utility version metal box that surrounds the battery space- and the plug is easy to get to. Thanks @Krabby

Attachments

• back with cover (1).jpg
    back with cover (1).jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 255

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing it- is there TPMS planned for the grenadier?
Yes ... but it was on a prototype, therefore probably it wasn't working that well!
Edit: a better picture inserted, more realistic

TC temp.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 14.20.41.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 14.20.41.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing! My best delusional bet would be to custom fabricate a foam housing and dump that in the spare wheel storage thing. I’ve seen it in a Y61 albeit with a single compressor. I personally don’t need the air tank.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the smaller version… I’m sort of hoping to preserve the load space.
Those are a pretty bulky unit and I’m rather hoping to reallocate that volume to recovery equipment etc.

A single cylinder would fit beneath the driver or passenger seat but I like the redundancy offered by the twin.
Also thinking I wouldn’t bother with the pressure tank as I’ve got an 8V impact/rattle gun in the back already.
The single cylinder ARB "Blue" compressor I have found to be ultra reliable (12 yrs) except for the light weight orange coloured hose which literally fell apart although stored after 8 yrs. Still it's better by far than the device I used for years which screwed into the engine head in place of a spark plug!!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, good point. I’ll be using an Indeflate which is available in either a 2- or 4- outlet version - another reason for the twin cylinder. I use the two as I sometimes maintain different pressures front and rear.

As to the little bracket thing, It depends on where the compressor itself mounts. Tape measure suggests the ARB twin won’t fit under either the front or rear seats.

If anyone else is considering this, ARB also have a little bluetooth/solenoid (Air Pressure Control) setup that will inflate or deflate to a desired pressure… which was all a bit fancy for me.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The single cylinder ARB "Blue" compressor I have found to be ultra reliable (12 yrs) except for the light weight orange coloured hose which literally fell apart although stored after 8 yrs. Still it's better by far than the device I used for years which screwed into the engine head in place of a spark plug!!
Yes, if I can’t make the twin fit I’ll be taking mine out it’s tackle box and installing it beneath the passenger seat.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep I have one in a box that is still going strong after many years of service. Although in sone ways it would be nice to have it mounted so it leaves room in the back for other things. In other ways I quite like the flexibility of having it in a box. This will be the 3rd vehicle it will service without any uninstall or reinstall, can easily lend to someone else or carry to another vehicle in the convoy or at the campsite or to the trailer and I can carry it around the garage and use on my other vehicles without having to move cars around. (First world problems I know) so I think I will stick with the compressor in a box for now.

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep I have one in a box that is still going strong after many years of service. Although in sone ways it would be nice to have it mounted so it leaves room on that back for other things. In other ways I quite like the flexibility of having it in a box. This will he the 3rd vehicle it will service without any uninstall or reinstall, can easily lend to someone else or carry to another vehicle in the convoy or at the campsite or to the trailer and I can carry it around the garage and use on my other vehicles without having to move cars around. (First world problems I know) so I think I will stick with the compressor in a box for now.
Much the same for me... besides which the "box" can accommodate spare pressure gauge, valve stem inserts, valve caps and sundry other small stuff... (y)

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
The blue ARB CKMP12 compressors are waterproof, so you can mount them under your vehicle with a raised air intake and a fabricated bash plate, I did that on my discovery 2 from 2007 when the ARB CKMP12 was first released, to when I sold the vehicle in 2020 without any issue, so I will be looking for a place under the Grenadier to do the same.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
Quite like the look of that. Would be a real treat to air up/down 4 at the sametime. Fed up of having to do it countless times a week one at a time. normally chucking it down.
I'd need ear defenders if I was going to sit in the cabin, right on top of a running compressor for 7 mins. 🙉

Back
Top Bottom