The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA insurance

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
I called Hagerty and they said they won't insure the Grenadier. Who are you all going with? Anyone got anything in writing yet from not local insurance companies?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once I have a Grenadier in my driveway I'll add it to my current insurance (Progressive), if it seems ridiculous at that point I'd consider shopping around, but they have been pretty decently priced for me for the past 20 years

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Once I have a Grenadier in my driveway I'll add it to my current insurance (Progressive), if it seems ridiculous at that point I'd consider shopping around, but they have been pretty decently priced for me for the past 20 years
I'm just wondering if the insurance companies will have Ineos as something they can even see in their system's drop down as a brand to select for coverage.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if the insurance companies will have Ineos as something they can even see in their system's drop down as a brand to select for coverage.
This has been discussed a few times on the US Facebook group; several agents are reservation holders, at least one of which posted what his coverage would cost (he works for State Farm).

I'm confident that it should be in their systems by the time the vehicles start arriving

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am not on FB, might you be able to post the $ amount rumor?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am not on FB, might you be able to post the $ amount rumor?
In SoCal, the agent was paying $1274/yr for a 2022 F150 ($54k); for the Grenadier ($78k) it came to $2070/yr.

Of course, since it hasn't actually been released in the US as of yet, these aren't "solid" numbers, but guesstimates

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got a real quote with my VIN from my ERIE Insurance agent. $1646/yr for the Grenadier and my wifes 2018 Range Rover Sport. Thats with full tort and high limits because i also have umbrella coverage. The Grenadier itself is $736/yr. If you have the VIN and are in a covered state, i highly suggest everyone get a quote from Erie.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. My carrier has Land Rover but the active years in the system is limited. Some list it was Rover some as Range Rover because that was what was factory imported in the 80's.

Not sure what happens when a 1 year old vehicle manufacturer brings a car to market.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
Not sure what happens when a 1 year old vehicle manufacturer brings a car to market.

A number of people with VINs already have posted on the various Facebook groups of their rates form a number of different US insurers

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I called several different Insurance carriers today...mixed results for Insurance in Massachusetts.

Geico: $340/mth (6 month policy)
Allstate: $407/mth
Liberty Mutual: no quote, claimed it was Grey Market so need additional paper work from EPA and USDOT
Travelers: going to get back to me...
Progressive: No quote (was on hold for almost an hour as they tried to figure out how to quote it thru their sysytem)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I called several different Insurance carriers today...mixed results for Insurance in Massachusetts.

Geico: $340/mth (6 month policy)
Allstate: $407/mth
Liberty Mutual: no quote, claimed it was Grey Market so need additional paper work from EPA and USDOT
Travelers: going to get back to me...
Progressive: No quote (was on hold for almost an hour as they tried to figure out how to quote it thru their sysytem)

HOLY COW! - $407/month. Oi!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Considering that in MA we are giving Drivers Licenses to the "undocumented" just means that our rates go through the roof because of the unknown associated with that population...
A can of worms best left sealed, but NJ's in the same basic boat.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Considering that in MA we are giving Drivers Licenses to the "undocumented" just means that our rates go through the roof because of the unknown associated with that population...
And that's only the half of it, terrible.

Reactions: CB

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
I got another quote from USAA after a few days since the first one:
Basic: $489.14 six-month auto premium
Personalized: $752.55 six-month auto premium

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
The bigger issue is no loss experience. Once they have some I bet rates will go down. With such a solid vehicle repairs are not very costly. Even in my old Monteros over decades I have been in many accidents, such as being rear ended and it hardly does any damage, while the vehicle that hits me is totaled and head to the junk yard on a roll back.

Pittsaero

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Picked mine up yesterday. I am with Erie. They did not have it in their system when I called but gave me coverage by the afternoon. Haven’t seen the bill yet but my agent said the estimate they ballparked was lower than he expected. He came to my house today to look at it because his wife wants one after he showed her a picture of it.

Back
Top Bottom