The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland Uninsurable

J F

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
Great news, after the anticipation and long wait we have all shared our Grenadier has been PDI’d and due for delivery next week!

So the last thing to do is the easy bit add to our fleet insurance….. But alas Aviva the biggest UK insurance company will not insure the Grenadier. Its not us, they will apparently not insure ANY Grenadiers as they have not received the required information on repairs costs and parts availability from the manufacturer.

Ineos response is

“We are sorry to hear that your preferred insurer will not insure your Grenadier. Some insurance will not accept the vehicle and it is completely up to the insurance company.

We will suggest you to look for a different insurer at your choice.”

So we have to get a single stand alone policy for one vehicle!

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-04-26 5.33.16 AM.png
Perhaps the General could help...

Also, I don't think Shaq would fit in the Gren

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Insurance is part of my reason to switch to a Grenadier as LR models now increasingly uninsurable in London - I found a few that were oK with the Grenadier inc direct line - hopefully Aviva will get comfortable over the next 6 months

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NFU wanted £1700 off me because I cannot transfer all my NCB from my D4. No insurance claim in almost 30 years but because I got nicked (SP30) in Jan last year!!

Stops them transferring more that 12 months NCB.

I bloody hate insurers!

Will try Admiral this week.

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Admiral do it. It is on their stand-alone policy option online. But when you try to add it as part of a multi-car then "computer says no" so I called them up and said "why do you accept it as stand alone but not multi?" - they went away for 5 minutes and spoke to a "supervisor" and said yes they can cover it and its a computer encoding error in their systems. Adrian Flux and NFU were more expensive for my post code and profile (53, employed, kids, driving for 30+ years). Maybe too close to London and too near a town full of dodgy scrotes.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Admiral do it. It is on their stand-alone policy option online. But when you try to add it as part of a multi-car then "computer says no" so I called them up and said "why do you accept it as stand alone but not multi?" - they went away for 5 minutes and spoke to a "supervisor" and said yes they can cover it and its a computer encoding error in their systems. Adrian Flux and NFU were more expensive for my post code and profile (53, employed, kids, driving for 30+ years). Maybe too close to London and too near a town full of dodgy scrotes.
Tks info. Ill try and speak to Admiral later this week. Have 3 cars on with them already so hopeful can add the Gren on to the multi.

Reactions: PBD

ipcrss

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Try Hastings Direct,
50+ year old in Hertford ,15 year no claims £800 excess fully comp £377 all in.
15000 miles a year
Hi, I have similar details to yourself and I am already with Hastings Direct wit my existing ranger. They tell me they cannot offer a quote. I will hopefully be taking delivery of my 2 seat utility in a few weeks time. Was your quote/policy for a "van" or a car?
Try Hastings Direct,
50+ year old in Hertford ,15 year no claims £800 excess fully comp £377 all in.
15000 miles a year

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The commercial version does seem to be a bit harder to get insured. Quite a few won’t touch commercial policies.

My old insurer turned down every pick-up I tried to insure. Until one day a helpful call centre person asked if I actually needed it for work purposes. I didn’t but the car it was replacing was down as being used for work, in as much I would occasionally travel between offices.

I took that off and hey-presto they gave me a really good quote.

Moral - check what they are insuring you for

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, I have similar details to yourself and I am already with Hastings Direct wit my existing ranger. They tell me they cannot offer a quote. I will hopefully be taking delivery of my 2 seat utility in a few weeks time. Was your quote/policy for a "van" or a car?
Hi, have a Trailmaster not the utility version i don't know if that makes a difference.
I never went with Hastings in the end as my existing insurer matched the quote.

ipcrss

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, have a Trailmaster not the utility version i don't know if that makes a difference.
I never went with Hastings in the end as my existing insurer matched the quote.
Many thanks for the reply. I suspected that you had an M1 rather than N1 and that was the problem. It is a pity, as I was already with Hastings for my two vehicles and with now have to cancel and look elsewhere for the grenadier. Although there is no cancellation fee as they cannot offer me insurance.

Back
Top Bottom