The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New CTEK D250SE Mounting Plate Kit

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I am proud to release the first of our 12V solutions: CTEK D250SE Mounting Kit. If your Grenadier came with the factory dual battery system, then your vehicle is equipped with the CTEK Smartpass. The easiest way to integrate an MPPT Solar controller and improved charging capabilities into your existing system, is to use the CTEK D250SE DC/DC Dual Battery Charger. We have made a mounting plate and connectors that will make this integration seamless and easy for you! The kit includes the following parts and features:

FEATURES:
  • Mounting plate that bolts to under the existing factory CTEK Smartpass. The plate has an offset raised platform for the CTEK D250SE so there is not interference for the wiring coming from the D250SE with your Factory seat brackets and hardware. No Modification needed to install this.
  • Rubber coated leg base to insure no rattling of the mounting bracket against the floor of your Grenadier
  • Pem nuts on the bottom of the bracket for securing the D250SE so you only need one tool to install and no need to mount the D250SE before placing the bracket in the vehicle.
  • X2 copper buss bars that connect the D250SE to your Smartpass perfectly
  • X1 Ground Cable Harness for connecting the D250SE to your AUX battery (See D250SE instructions for how to wiring based on what battery you have)
KIt Includes:
  • X1 ALUM Mounting Bracket with integrated Pem Nuts for mounting D250SE
  • X2 Copper Bussbars for connecting D250SE to smartpass
  • X1 Ground Harness included
Preorders will ship in about 2 weeks. Cheers!

Attachments

• IG-0401-1-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-1-WEB.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IG-0401-2-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-2-WEB.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IG-0401-3-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-3-WEB.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IG-0401-4-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-4-WEB.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IG-0401-5-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-5-WEB.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IG-0401-6-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-6-WEB.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IG-0401-7-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-7-WEB.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IG-0401-8-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-8-WEB.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 73

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
Question: Will this stair stepped solution still work if the rear bench seat is removed? I plan on doing that and installing the Goose Gear rear seat delete plate system. Thanks.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
For anyone interested outside the US, the Kit will probably not work with a 2 seater Grenadier (because the battery box lid is lower than the seats and support bars in the 5 seater). The US only has 5 seater models.

Last edited:

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Question: Will this stair stepped solution still work if the rear bench seat is removed? I plan on doing that and installing the Goose Gear rear seat delete plate system. Thanks.
Yes it sits below all the support crossbars.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another question for @GPFACTOR: Have you tested this installed mounting kit on rough corrugations/terrain and, if so, did you hear any clatter from it? The way it is designed, it seems like it has the potential to bounce like a telegraph and make a regular thumping noise even with the rubber coated feet when traveling over choppy ground.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Another question for @GPFACTOR: Have you tested this installed mounting kit on rough corrugations/terrain and, if so, did you hear any clatter from it? The way it is designed, it seems like it has the potential to bounce like a telegraph and make a regular thumping noise even with the rubber coated feet when traveling over choppy ground.
We have had this installed in two Grenadiers for a few months with no noticeable sounds coming from the unit. And im pretty picky... ie: if I dont have music on, my OCD kicks in when I hear the breaker of the intermittent wiper kicking on and off lol

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We have had this installed in two Grenadiers for a few months with no noticeable sounds coming from the unit. And im pretty picky... ie: if I dont have music on, my OCD kicks in when I hear the breaker of the intermittent wiper kicking on and off lol
I appreciate the prompt response, and I sincerely apologize in advance for asking pointed follow up questions. I'm definitely a GP-Factor fan, and have the drop down cubby table on order (hopefully it will be arriving soon!), but my posed questions have not yet been answered.

Have the two Grenadiers you reference that have had this D250SE Mounting Kit installed been driven on rough corrugations/terrain, and, if so, did you hear any clatter from the kits (assuming you were in the vehicle if it was driven across such terrain)? And, to be clear, I'm talking about travel across corrugations, rough terrain at medium speed, not snail crawling. The fact that the two feet are coated in rubber makes me think that the initial test without rubber revealed quite a bit of clatter, and the rubber coating was added to dampen that clatter rather than eliminate it completely, since the feet are not solidly affixed to anything.

Honest questions - no intent to slam the product.

Also, what is the design advantage of having a stair step approach versus the flat plane approach of Black Sheep Innovations, Offroad-Tec, and Jean Mercier? From the GP-Factor website, I see this: "The plate has an offset raised platform for the CTEK D250SE so there is not interference for the wiring coming from the D250SE with your Factory seat brackets and hardware." Is that the only advantage? Making some more room for wiring?

Thanks for the opportunity to ask these questions.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
They have placed some black fabric tape around the support bar if you look closely, but it is a good suggestion.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to see some insulation/shrink wrap around the positive copper busbars as that is a lot of exposed surface area that can cause an accidental short.
100%. We have address this and it is a great point. All kits will be shipping with the Copper Bussbars insulated. I will post a pic later today for reference with this update.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I appreciate the prompt response, and I sincerely apologize in advance for asking pointed follow up questions. I'm definitely a GP-Factor fan, and have the drop down cubby table on order (hopefully it will be arriving soon!), but my posed questions have not yet been answered.

Have the two Grenadiers you reference that have had this D250SE Mounting Kit installed been driven on rough corrugations/terrain, and, if so, did you hear any clatter from the kits (assuming you were in the vehicle if it was driven across such terrain)? And, to be clear, I'm talking about travel across corrugations, rough terrain at medium speed, not snail crawling. The fact that the two feet are coated in rubber makes me think that the initial test without rubber revealed quite a bit of clatter, and the rubber coating was added to dampen that clatter rather than eliminate it completely, since the feet are not solidly affixed to anything.

Honest questions - no intent to slam the product.

Also, what is the design advantage of having a stair step approach versus the flat plane approach of Black Sheep Innovations, Offroad-Tec, and Jean Mercier? From the GP-Factor website, I see this: "The plate has an offset raised platform for the CTEK D250SE so there is not interference for the wiring coming from the D250SE with your Factory seat brackets and hardware." Is that the only advantage? Making some more room for wiring?

Thanks for the opportunity to ask these questions.
The Step is so the wiring coming out of the D250 has room. When we made it flat initially, there was no clearance for the wires coming out of the side of the D250 and they had to be bent at a very forced and hard angle to clear the seat brackets. Our designed removed that unnecessary bend in those wires.

desertdefender

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
Every vehicle I’ve owned make noise when traveling over washboard roads at medium speed.
Yes, but a larger concern is that oscillations over many thousands of miles will weaken the two thinner pieces of connecting metal and eventually break, leaving it hanging by the bus bars (or vice-vers) potentially causing a short. If the bracket is thick enough, this might not be an issue but I think something to secure the charge controller vertically would be a nice change.

Local time
Reaction score
Bend it so there's a tad bit of "preload" forcing the back end down, and I think all would be well. Personally, If I needed this, I'd replace the solid buss bars with some "locomotive cable" or equivalent, sheet metal screw it down, glob on a bit of epoxy adhesive for good measure, and never think about it again. Bing, bang, boom off to the next project.

Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
Yes, but a larger concern is that oscillations over many thousands of miles will weaken the two thinner pieces of connecting metal and eventually break, leaving it hanging by the bus bars (or vice-vers) potentially causing a short. If the bracket is thick enough, this might not be an issue but I think something to secure the charge controller vertically would be a nice change.
GP Factor has historically made good and dependable aluminium products that are routinely used in offroad situations.....I see no need to be concerned about this product......I bought one yesterday for my Grenadier and I have no concerns that it will have any sort of issues. The little Ctek device that is mounted to this bracket weighs very little.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just to clarify, This bracket is not suspended in mid air off the factory mount. It is stepped up but has legs that brace it to the floor (then we rubber coat the legs so there is no metal on metal... provides a little cushioning). There is no movement. If this bracket and mount oscillates due to certain driving conditions, trust me, there will be a lot more important things to worry about than the CTEK stuff under the back seat. The main bracket is made from .125 Aluminum which is probably thicker than it needs to be. The copper bussbars are also made from .125 solid copper which I think is almost twice as thick as the ones that come with the CTEK. This will not break. I'm sorry I dont have better pictures that I can grab at this exact moment. I will try and get some from our other grenadier that has all the plastic removed under the factory seat so you can see it better if desired.

Attachments

• 4B6A7580.jpg
    4B6A7580.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IG-0401-5-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-5-WEB.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 32

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Good Morning,
Our CTEK D250SE kits began shipping yesterday. In case you missed our other posts, These kits all shipped with the copper buss bars with a 3m Rubberized coating we applied to them. See pics. Thanks!

Attachments

• IG-0401-2-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-2-WEB.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IG-0401-3-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-3-WEB.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IG-0401-4-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-4-WEB.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IG-0401-5-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-5-WEB.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IG-0401-6-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-6-WEB.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IG-0401-7-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-7-WEB.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IG-0401-8-WEB.jpg
    IG-0401-8-WEB.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 13

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
Good Morning,
Our CTEK D250SE kits began shipping yesterday. In case you missed our other posts, These kits all shipped with the copper buss bars with a 3m Rubberized coating we applied to them. See pics. Thanks!
@GPFACTOR , your domain gpfactor.com does reply with an Error 403. gp-factor.com does work.

Back
Top Bottom