The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Washington DC Region April 27-28)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
If you're going let people know, if you don't know anything about this event and think that you should have been notified, then tell INEOS Automotive..........

EVENT DETAILS​

Location: Budds Creek, 27963 Budds Creek Road, Mechanicsville, MD 20659

Date and Time: April 27-April 28, 2023

IMG_1740.jpeg

BE THE FIRST TO EXPERIENCE THE INEOS GRENADIER.
The Grenadier is set for one of its toughest challenges yet: your up-close personal inspection. As a close follower of the Grenadier story, we want to give you the opportunity to experience the PTO2 Prototype first-hand.
A 4X4 BUILT ON PURPOSE. ON TEST.
The day you've been waiting for. The one where you get behind the wheel of a Grenadier and drive it yourself. You'll have one of our pro drivers next to you to show you around and answer any questions you have.
If you miss out on this event, don’t worry, we’ll be holding more across the US and Canada in the coming months.
For any questions regarding event bookings, please contact eventsamericas@ineosgrenadier.com

davidwiz

Forum Supporter
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
I'm in Philly and so far, this is the closest one to me (3hrs), but no times listed on the website. How late does it run on Friday April 28?

I see they are going to have a "New York region" sometime in May, but does that mean NYC, upstate NY, Long Island, etc? Last year, I saw mention on Ineos' site that they were going to have one in the Philly area in the spring this year, but don't know if that's still going to happen?

-David

Local time
Reaction score
I'm in Philly and so far, this is the closest one to me (3hrs), but no times listed on the website. How late does it run on Friday April 28?

I see they are going to have a "New York region" sometime in May, but does that mean NYC, upstate NY, Long Island, etc? Last year, I saw mention on Ineos' site that they were going to have one in the Philly area in the spring this year, but don't know if that's still going to happen?

-David
Philly no longer appears...99.9% sure that DC took its place.

NY is listed as "tri-state area" whatever that means for the area.

You have to start the registration process to be presented with times. All are 1-hour blocks. I think the latest one was around 3PM or so (at least for Thursday). Earliest was 8:30, I believe.

davidwiz

Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Philly no longer appears...99.9% sure that DC took its place.

NY is listed as "tri-state area" whatever that means for the area.

You have to start the registration process to be presented with times. All are 1-hour blocks. I think the latest one was around 3PM or so (at least for Thursday). Earliest was 8:30, I believe.

Thanks. That's not going to work for me then for DC. 🙁 Have to hope the NY is Manhattan'ish, and not some where else.

Local time
Reaction score
Signed up with the wife for Thursday at 9:30. A good 2 hour drive from home, so traffic will be...interesting. I've a feeling we'll be good and early. HAHAHA
I signed up for the 10:00 slot on Thursday, so I'll see you there. I also get to enjoy a two-hour drive (down from Baltimore).

I'm surprised the event is in Mechanicsville--I expected they would pick a location closer to Leesburg/Harpers Ferry.

Local time
Reaction score
I signed up for the 10:00 slot on Thursday, so I'll see you there. I also get to enjoy a two-hour drive (down from Baltimore).

I'm surprised the event is in Mechanicsville--I expected they would pick a location closer to Leesburg/Harpers Ferry.
Not surprised, honestly. There's no places to go that I'm aware of near NoVA. I live out in Front Royal so am spoiled that the great outdoors are just out the door. Something like AOAA or something up in PA would be fun...or even the Cove out in Winchester. I don't know how much the location of the dealership, whether locations bid to host the event, etc. plays into all that, though

Shinobi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you're going let people know, if you don't know anything about this event and think that you should have been notified, then tell INEOS Automotive..........

EVENT DETAILS​

Location: Budds Creek, 27963 Budds Creek Road, Mechanicsville, MD 20659

Date and Time: April 27-April 28, 2023

IMG_1740.jpeg

BE THE FIRST TO EXPERIENCE THE INEOS GRENADIER.
The Grenadier is set for one of its toughest challenges yet: your up-close personal inspection. As a close follower of the Grenadier story, we want to give you the opportunity to experience the PTO2 Prototype first-hand.
A 4X4 BUILT ON PURPOSE. ON TEST.
The day you've been waiting for. The one where you get behind the wheel of a Grenadier and drive it yourself. You'll have one of our pro drivers next to you to show you around and answer any questions you have.
If you miss out on this event, don’t worry, we’ll be holding more across the US and Canada in the coming months.
For any questions regarding event bookings, please contact eventsamericas@ineosgrenadier.com
I tried to Sign but it did not recognize my email ? why ?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I tried to Sign but it did not recognize my email ? why ?
Maybe its for reservation holders that registered their accounts in the USA?

I'm not too sure, I think the best bet would be to email the Events Americas team and see if they can get you on the list.

At the very least they should be able to help you with why you can't make a reservation.

eventsamericas@ineosgrenadier.com

Local time
Reaction score
Registered for Fri. 1:00 pm slot, although still waiting for a confirmation email. Wish it were closer to me.
If it's any consolation, I booked immediately upon receiving the email on 3/29 and just received my confirmation this morning. I hear you on the distance! I'm planning to head down early to beat DC traffic on 95/295 and hopefully find a greasy spoon for breakfast.

Local time
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, I booked immediately upon receiving the email on 3/29 and just received my confirmation this morning. I hear you on the distance! I'm planning to head down early to beat DC traffic on 95/295 and hopefully find a greasy spoon for breakfast.
Wait. You’re not just going to arrive early and pull out the stove/skottle and make breakfast? IMPOSTOR! 😂

Though…upon reflection…I may just do that if I can’t find a proper Cracker Barrel to consume a Momma’s Pancake Breakfast 🤔🤤

jessejames

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I just received my confirmation this morning as well.

Local time
Reaction score
Had great weather and conditions for the test drive this morning. Both the Ineos team and the OEX folks were fantastic. The only information that was new to me (though perhaps previously discussed on the forum) was that the Hambach factory will be switched over to LHD production for NA orders in July. I frankly don't know enough about the current number of production lines at the factory to evaluate whether that's correct or someone got their wires crossed. (It seems odd to me that they wouldn't be able to accommodate RHD and LHD production simultaneously, but again, what do I know.)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Had great weather and conditions for the test drive this morning. Both the Ineos team and the OEX folks were fantastic. The only information that was new to me (though perhaps previously discussed on the forum) was that the Hambach factory will be switched over to LHD production for NA orders in July. I frankly don't know enough about the current number of production lines at the factory to evaluate whether that's correct or someone got their wires crossed. (It seems odd to me that they wouldn't be able to accommodate RHD and LHD production simultaneously, but again, what do I know.)
You have to reposition the tools depending what side you are producing. By focusing on one type, you can produce more at a lower cost. Cost being time

Local time
Reaction score
You have to reposition the tools depending what side you are producing. By focusing on one type, you can produce more at a lower cost. Cost being time
Of course. I had assumed--mistakenly, it seems--that the factory was of sufficient size and kitted out with enough equipment to produce both versions simultaneously.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Of course. I had assumed--mistakenly, it seems--that the factory was of sufficient size and kitted out with enough equipment to produce both versions simultaneously.
The number of workers might be the big factor here

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
That sounds odd to me as they are obviously producing cars for the European market AND for the English/Australian market at the moment. In England and in European countries the first handovers took place. Of course in RHD and LHD.

Back
Top Bottom