The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Phoenix Region) 28-29 March

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Oh, I did get one of the guys to grab the key for the static display so we could hear the stereo. Sounded ok for a base model stereo. I'll be upgrading but no rush.

One thing the Ineos rep was discussing with another gent there, who was a service manager of a high end car dealer in Oregon, was the online service pubs are going to be the coolest thing ever. Animated CAD drawings, showing each step in minute detail. The example he gave was removing the front wheel for brake service, it showed the picture of the wheel and the individual lug nuts, the direction of them spinning off, and the comment that whichever bolts or nuts (I didn't hear exactly) are one time use and should be replaced when removed, as a note on the screen.

Yes, I climbed on the ladder. I weigh 320# in clothes and boots.

Attachments

• 20230329_112009.jpg
    20230329_112009.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230329_111939.jpg
    20230329_111939.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230329_100836.jpg
    20230329_100836.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230329_100857.jpg
    20230329_100857.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230329_111220.jpg
    20230329_111220.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230329_103142.jpg
    20230329_103142.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230329_101329.jpg
    20230329_101329.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 30

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
Oh, I did get one of the guys to grab the key for the static display so we could hear the stereo. Sounded ok for a base model stereo. I'll be upgrading but no rush.

One thing the Ineos rep was discussing with another gent there, who was a service manager of a high end car dealer in Oregon, was the online service pubs are going to be the coolest thing ever. Animated CAD drawings, showing each step in minute detail. The example he gave was removing the front wheel for brake service, it showed the picture of the wheel and the individual lug nuts, the direction of them spinning off, and the comment that whichever bolts or nuts (I didn't hear exactly) are one time use and should be replaced when removed, as a note on the screen.

Yes, I climbed on the ladder. I weigh 320# in clothes and boots.
I am glad you climbed in clothes and boots
Best you not wear a heavy jacket though as the ladder is only rated for 5 more Kgs (10lbs)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
One thing the Ineos rep was discussing with another gent there, who was a service manager of a high end car dealer in Oregon,
did you hear name of the dealer? Was it called Outland Motors? I could see him coming to the table.

Local time
Reaction score
I was there today too and only have a few things to add that haven't already been said.

My initial impression is that the driving position--and close, norrow feeling of the windowsill--were a welcome change from modern cars. It kind of reminded me of riding in an old land cruiser or pickup where you feel like you can see the front tires. The sill is close and at a reasonable height to use as an arm rest. Its probably 4-6" lower than anything available in the past decade.

Once rolling, it's immediately apparent how much energy the put into the chassis tuning. The vehicle is very compliant but somehow still feels like it's carved out of a solid block. Its very confidence inspiring. We didnt do anything that couldnt have been acomplished in 2wd, but there were some rocky sections. The body of the vehicle moved around much less than I think my 4runner would have on the same tires and good Bilsteins. My instructor confirmed they were running 25psi in the KO2s, so they weren't gaining too much plushness there.

The gearing caught me out once or twice, to the point where I started using the manual shifter. The vehicle liked using low second and third going down hill and would hold onto the higher gear at the bottom. I'd have to give it a little extra bit of gas to come back up the lip on the other side, which would cause a little wheel spin before it downshifted. In my v8 4runner I can just leave constant throttle through all that and it would just lug through. Not really saying this as a knock on the Indeos, just mentioning that it'll take a bit of getting used to to really drive it smoothly.

Similarly, the brake pedal felt very touchy and a bit vague. Hopefully that's just preproduction stuff. If not, I'll probably look at messing with master cylinder sizes and brake booster changes.

Overall, I was impressed. It's got presence and feels special. I plan to order a Trialmaster, contingent on pricing. Let's see if their May 17th date holds🤞

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
did you hear name of the dealer? Was it called Outland Motors? I could see him coming to the table.
He was a Ferrari / Maserati service guy from Oregon, I think he said. Sorry I didn't get his nor the employer's name. He was not one of the prospective dealers, but was an interested future Grenadier owner. Although, they did discuss the detailed requirements for a service center to be able to handle a Grenadier (18 foot ceilings with an above ground lift / service bay, that could potentially remove the body from the frame upwards).

The presenter with all the info (-didn't get his name- but he was the one in the FL video with all the great info - the polished car guy) said there were already 20 US dealers selected on the following criteria: They had 5+ brands / locations and could carry a business loss for the first 2 years (because Ineos will be low volume at first, only selling basically one model, the Grenadier). He said they ruled out enthusiastic mom n pop outfits because again, they probably didn't have the financial chops to carry Grenadier for a couple of years, until profitable. Medium large dealership families (the 5 or so locations) almost always had an existing used car sales lot with a stand alone building, which could be easily painted Ineos Blue and converted with minimal cost. They ruled out the huge corporations (Autonation and Lithiia, he mentioned as examples) that they were too big and wouldn't likely provide the level of attention that Grenadier customers would demand. Also, medium large dealership families have existing relationships to have financing available (ex: Chase Bank).

Again, he reiterated to not call dealers or try to figure it out until it's officially announced, because the guy or gal answering the phone, and maybe even the GM of the location might not be aware of the coming Ineos branded dealership.

Last edited:

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am glad you climbed in clothes and boots
Best you not wear a heavy jacket though as the ladder is only rated for 5 more Kgs (10lbs)
Climbing nude seemed a bit odd.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was there today too and only have a few things to add that haven't already been said.

My initial impression is that the driving position--and close, norrow feeling of the windowsill--were a welcome change from modern cars. It kind of reminded me of riding in an old land cruiser or pickup where you feel like you can see the front tires. The sill is close and at a reasonable height to use as an arm rest. Its probably 4-6" lower than anything available in the past decade.

Once rolling, it's immediately apparent how much energy the put into the chassis tuning. The vehicle is very compliant but somehow still feels like it's carved out of a solid block. Its very confidence inspiring. We didnt do anything that couldnt have been acomplished in 2wd, but there were some rocky sections. The body of the vehicle moved around much less than I think my 4runner would have on the same tires and good Bilsteins. My instructor confirmed they were running 25psi in the KO2s, so they weren't gaining too much plushness there.

The gearing caught me out once or twice, to the point where I started using the manual shifter. The vehicle liked using low second and third going down hill and would hold onto the higher gear at the bottom. I'd have to give it a little extra bit of gas to come back up the lip on the other side, which would cause a little wheel spin before it downshifted. In my v8 4runner I can just leave constant throttle through all that and it would just lug through. Not really saying this as a knock on the Indeos, just mentioning that it'll take a bit of getting used to to really drive it smoothly.

Similarly, the brake pedal felt very touchy and a bit vague. Hopefully that's just preproduction stuff. If not, I'll probably look at messing with master cylinder sizes and brake booster changes.

Overall, I was impressed. It's got presence and feels special. I plan to order a Trialmaster, contingent on pricing. Let's see if their May 17th date holds🤞
I drove the MM Trialmaster. I didn't notice any of the things you mentioned on your drive, brakes / throttle wise. Might have been unique to the one you drove. Or, as you said, maybe just getting used to a new vehicle's inputs.
Mine felt nice and calm, planted. I even went up on the side hill and dropped down to get the most off-camber I could find, and it was like nothing to the Grenadier. My wife said from the back seat during that, it just felt stuck to the ground. No hint of tire slippage or upset in the suspension.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Question for the folks that made it out to the Phoenix area experience … what were your thoughts on the safari windows in the Dez?
It was about 70*F, and the static display had one safari window in and one out. Under the tent, I didn't notice anything. The TM I drove had a solid roof.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
I was up there earlier today. Only my wife, me and another couple on the test drive so my wife drove her own. I was a little worried that she was going to say “you want to spend what on one of these”. Instead she put another deposit down. I was initially drawn towards the red and slate blue but came out loving the silver. Pretty sure that will be the ticket. My wife liked the white and the grey, it sure which one she would choose if we decide on two.
They said that orders will be fulfilled in order of initial reservation and stated he figures it would take 6 months to fulfill the roughly 7000 reservations in the US they are expecting.
I came away very impressed. I was playing around shifting manual and dropped into 1st gear low range going maybe 5mph. Let’s just say it is plenty low. Definitely seems like the best build quality of any new vehicle I have looked at. Feels very very solid. Even though there is a lot of speculation on brake and steering feel I do t think it would take more then 20miles to get used to it.
Truck feels much more open with the safari windows. I will definitely get them and live in Tucson. Although it definitely wasn’t a hot day out there I felt very little radiation or heat coming in through the window and you could look directly at the sun through them. I am not worried about them at all.

Back
Top Bottom