The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Denver, Colorado Region April 20-22)

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
I don’t see any snow for Friday, but I I see a forecast for an inch overnight between Friday and Saturday and then another inch during the day on Saturday for Colorado Springs. Not really a test of snow, but could make some good mud to play in.

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
I attended today, had no problems with communication (for the first time) even belatedly added a guest. I was not previously aware of the venue but was pleasantly surprised with the course which I would call desert style with narrow arroyo with steep entrances and exits. I think we hit 37* side hill angle at one point.

Attachments

• E43752DD-F606-4DA1-9FBB-9EE23D0D1582.jpeg
    E43752DD-F606-4DA1-9FBB-9EE23D0D1582.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 100
  • A270FAC0-8791-47B6-A23E-8FF1B949BA48.jpeg
    A270FAC0-8791-47B6-A23E-8FF1B949BA48.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 95
  • F1BD8DAA-0C92-49F6-B175-02D473C5ED4B.jpeg
    F1BD8DAA-0C92-49F6-B175-02D473C5ED4B.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 93
  • 0D6D522E-4F5D-43B6-8A60-C7A2759DFBDD.jpeg
    0D6D522E-4F5D-43B6-8A60-C7A2759DFBDD.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 100
Local time
Reaction score
@vjmvjm While snow would have been a fun test, it looks like it was a beautiful day in CO! It appears you got a good look at a Scottish White unit, which is the color I intend to order. It looks great in the pics, especially with the checker plates. How would you describe the color in person? I’ve heard it described as an ivory, antique white, curdled cream. Any of those come to mind, or something different? Thanks!
I'm no color consultant, but in my opinion, it's more white than cream, and doesn't look tan. The Eldoret Blue looks very nice in person, contrary to my initial preconception. Living in a warmer climate, I think I would tend toward the Scottish White for a traditional look, with the steel wheels of course. Just my opinion, but the alloy wheels are not very attractive. YMMV, OAC.

Attachments

• IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2985.jpg
    IMG_2985.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 96

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
This gives you some idea of the Scottish White compared to the white plastic chair in the right hand corner of the pic. Sorry the best I could find from what I took and it’s undercover not in the sun.
I initially didn’t like it (SW) from internet photos but after seeing it in the flesh changed my colour to SW from the silver, which is very bluish.
IMG_3107.jpeg

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
Thanks @bigleonski, the chair helps, and I agree, looks great, especially with all the contrasting black bits. Unfortunately, with the schedule being what it is, I’m going to have to place my order without having laid eyes on one in person. Sounds like SW is a safe bet.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @bigleonski, the chair helps, and I agree, looks great, especially with all the contrasting black bits. Unfortunately, with the schedule being what it is, I’m going to have to place my order without having laid eyes on one in person. Sounds like SW is a safe bet.
Yeah but the good thing (assuming you guys will have the same luxury as we did) is that you can change your order later on almost up to production date, so if you see something you like better you can just alter. Good luck on the adventure.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This gives you some idea of the Scottish White compared to the white plastic chair in the right hand corner of the pic. Sorry the best I could find from what I took and it’s undercover not in the sun.
I initially didn’t like it (SW) from internet photos but after seeing it in the flesh changed my colour to SW from the silver, which is very bluish.
View attachment 7809166
What about comparing it to the white van in the background which has the same type of paint finish and is in the same light?
I think Ineos should call in Vanilla or Ice cream ( the good quality stuff)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What about comparing it to the white van in the background which has the same type of paint finish and is in the same light?
It’d be a better description yes.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1. No real explanation of the issues in the EU. Discussion of a software update and that being the reason for the delays, but they should be delivering now. It seems that this might be happening, but they are months behind getting them to customers. We’ll have to see.
2. Order page for US going to open in mid May, with the window for ordering going thru June. This will be the final time to config it, and they would start to be delivered around December. Sequence driven by when you placed reservation. It sounds like they found the EU system too flexible and added issues. Sounds like some options (wraps) were pulled to reduce the options and complexity.
3. Driving was rather minimalistic. The instructors are great, I had Tony, and he made me feel like a real offroader. The vehicle is totally competent. Solid, great throttle feel. I was first driver, which I wouldn’t suggest. Be further back in the pack so that you can see the other vehicles perform. We stayed in low the whole time, did the Hill DEscent mode that was cool. But we never got out of low gear. I didn’t ask to, but there it wasn’t like an ‘off road’ mid speed section. Also, still PTo2, so they so said no internal pics or videos.

So no more drives and no real production car before we have to decide?
Dealers (at least one in the Denver area) this summer.
They can’t force the dealers to honor MSRP prices, but the idea is that they will for reservation holders, but after that, who knows.

It was a cloudy, overcast day. Hard to really see the colors very well. The Jerry cans that are painted are getting pretty dinged up.

The light steel blue is a really nice look on a cloudy day. I like the Selma Green, but I’d like to see them in sunlight- we get 300+ days of sunlight here!

The vehicle is great, I’m just not sure of the company. There is no way I’m moving forward if the EU deliveries don’t start happening. You’d think that won’t be a problem. We got a month or two before then, but they were supposed to be putting cars in people’s garages months ago. What’s a few more months.

The Ineos crew were great. Personable and informed and very giving of their time.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1. No real explanation of the issues in the EU. Discussion of a software update and that being the reason for the delays, but they should be delivering now. It seems that this might be happening, but they are months behind getting them to customers. We’ll have to see.
2. Order page for US going to open in mid May, with the window for ordering going thru June. This will be the final time to config it, and they would start to be delivered around December. Sequence driven by when you placed reservation. It sounds like they found the EU system too flexible and added issues. Sounds like some options (wraps) were pulled to reduce the options and complexity.
3. Driving was rather minimalistic. The instructors are great, I had Tony, and he made me feel like a real offroader. The vehicle is totally competent. Solid, great throttle feel. I was first driver, which I wouldn’t suggest. Be further back in the pack so that you can see the other vehicles perform. We stayed in low the whole time, did the Hill DEscent mode that was cool. But we never got out of low gear. I didn’t ask to, but there it wasn’t like an ‘off road’ mid speed section. Also, still PTo2, so they so said no internal pics or videos.

So no more drives and no real production car before we have to decide?
Dealers (at least one in the Denver area) this summer.
They can’t force the dealers to honor MSRP prices, but the idea is that they will for reservation holders, but after that, who knows.

It was a cloudy, overcast day. Hard to really see the colors very well. The Jerry cans that are painted are getting pretty dinged up.

The light steel blue is a really nice look on a cloudy day. I like the Selma Green, but I’d like to see them in sunlight- we get 300+ days of sunlight here!

The vehicle is great, I’m just not sure of the company. There is no way I’m moving forward if the EU deliveries don’t start happening. You’d think that won’t be a problem. We got a month or two before then, but they were supposed to be putting cars in people’s garages months ago. What’s a few more months.

The Ineos crew were great. Personable and informed and very giving of their time.
More garages will be filled in the coming week. There are more and more experiences of owners, which are shared here in this forum. I hope that this will be of some help to all those who are still about to make a final decision. The management is making every effort to ensure that more and more vehicles go to their owners and will also support this in one or two cases on site. It is important to build a trusting relationship, both from INEOS' point of view and from our customers' point of view. I repeat myself: it goes on, keep calm and look for solutions together with INEOS and the dealers if things are not right.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
Sorry the best I could find from what I took and it’s undercover not in the sun.
Not in the sun is n/a in Scotland, hence it won't get any bright whether inside or out

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Most good quality LED lights are using 5000K colour temperature now, which is equivalent to midday sunlight in a non-smoggy area

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
You mean the good one with real bourbon vanilla and the little brown spots 😂

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Scottish Mushroom White one is really a light Beige. More than a couple people thought it would be really good hiding dirt pick-up, especially since the warm tone complements the reddish dust that they call dirt here in CO.

Local time
Reaction score
One of the interesting "facts" that I heard from the Ineos employee (the guy who seemed to be in charge) is that service in non-dealer areas will not be provided by local Bosch affiliated service centers. He said that dealers will handle "remote service". It's 6.5 hours to Phoenix, about the same to Denver, and almost 10 hours to Dallas for me. So how is that going to work? Are they going to flatbed a vehicle both ways for a warranty issue? Sounds like Tesla all over again.

Also, he wasn't really clear (I think intentionally) about leasing. He did say that Ineos would handle financing.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
The Scottish Mushroom White one is really a light Beige. More than a couple people thought it would be really good hiding dirt pick-up, especially since the warm tone complements the reddish dust that they call dirt here in CO.
Did you mean Scottish white or MM or both?

travelerBT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Finished my experience yesterday… pretty spectacular experience overall. We were told under no circumstance should we take or post video of the interior. Guy that road with us was very knowledgeable and was able to speak to all my questions. My daughter thinks she’ll get to drive it… haha!

FFFD6704-F14D-45E7-B7FE-0CF1CF5203E6.jpeg
1EE863E4-C1D3-4A37-ADDD-AE81CFF3A186.jpeg
507804B5-0AAB-412B-B216-245529B87925.jpeg
5571B924-94A5-4E20-9C5D-F56AB0543B33.jpeg
E8DCDAE9-CA6E-411A-9ED8-48CDCCA86C49.jpeg

Wyoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I attended on Friday and it was a rare overcast day for Colorado. My first choice for color is Britannia Blue. In person, this color is dark and from a distance can appear to be a "non-color" blackish. In full strength sun, I think the Britannia Blue will look great. However, all the Ineos metallic colors appear to have a low level of chatoyance compared to metallics made by domestic brands. A second Colorado-centric concern I have is the replacement of the windshield. Rock chips are a common occurrence in these environs. I asked Tim the glass manufacture (Pilkington) and he said I was the first to inquire about that detail. I'm curious if safelite (no) or PPG, carlite, etc., will make replacements easily available. I looked up Pilkington and learned that distribution in NA is already available. Good to know.

Three thoughts on my in person viewing the the Grenadier:
1) Initially I was dismissive of the checker platting on the front fenders. But after interacting with car and I can predict that it will be very tempting to set objects on the flat fenders and cause scratches.
2) The BMW shifter didn't appear out of place in the interior. I agree with Greg's assertion that the shifter is a nod to the BMW engine under the hood (Bonnet).
3) The cloth seats are premium but the leather seats raise the interior feel to a higher level and are congruent with the premium mechanicals outside the vehicle. Just my opinion.

I'd like to thank all the Ineos drive guides for being gracious and fun to talk to.

Back
Top Bottom