The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Seattle Region) 11-12 May

Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
They mentioned that there will be a service center in Settle metro area and Bend. Great luck for those of us in PDX :(

Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
They mentioned that there will be a service center in Settle metro area and Bend. Great luck for those of us in PDX :(
Bend would be great for those of us in Idaho. Much better than the drive to SLC.

Local time
Reaction score
Anand@Induktion in an alternate universe ;)

Hehe, thought it might be you!! <wave>

I can't believe they'd leave out PDX. Assuming these are all BMW dealerships, as it doesn't sound like they've opened up to independents like they have in Europe.

Bend would be great for those of us in Idaho. Much better than the drive to SLC.

Just had a client leave from Cd'A.

Local time
Reaction score
Open now and about $7k higher than I was expecting/hoping for.

Local time
Reaction score
Also surprised to see mpg at 14 as it seems to be lower than previously reported.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
Also surprised to see mpg at 14 as it seems to be lower than previously reported.
That's 14 MPG of US gallons, which is about 16.8 UK/imperial gallons; all of the numbers people have been tossing around are UK gallons.

Local time
Reaction score
Map looks more PDX than Bend!

Yeah, and still no details on PDX or Seattle entities for sales/service. WTH?
Look at the map of Europe and it's filled with dealerships, indy shops, 4x4 shops and manufacturers. Maybe it'll just take some time for the US to fill in?

PS--base pricing came in about $5k more than I was expecting.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
Keep in mind that that is not the official EPA rating as of yet

Local time
Reaction score
Keep in mind that that is not the official EPA rating as of yet
Understood, but usually the EPA brings down the numbers from manufacturers. We can hope Ineos was being conservative.

Local time
Reaction score
Well gents, those of you in the PNW will probably move down the waitlist a bit. I canceled my reservation (made 9.30.2021) after building a utility rig (without the winch, snorkel, etc) and still cracking up against a $90K price tag. With taxes, fees, it becomes a $100K vehicle. No thank you.

Local time
Reaction score
Well gents, those of you in the PNW will probably move down the waitlist a bit. I canceled my reservation (made 9.30.2021) after building a utility rig (without the winch, snorkel, etc) and still cracking up against a $90K price tag. With taxes, fees, it becomes a $100K vehicle. No thank you.

Sorry to hear Alex. What is your alternative rig to seek now instead of an IG?

Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Alex. What is your alternative rig to seek now instead of an IG?
I don't have one. I'll keep running my 2012 F-150 (162K miles on the clock and going strong) for the foreseeable future. We'll see how successful the Grenadier is and how other manufacturers respond--although I'm sure none of them will be as purpose built as the Grenadier. The Landcruiser that's rumored for the North America market looks interesting, but Toyota has a history (recent history) of misjudging the off-road market completely). I'm going to keep my eye on the Grenadier for the first couple of years and see how pricing and the dealer network evolve. Having followed the progress for so long I was really excited, but I just can't see dropping about $100K and having the nearest dealer/service department 4 hours away.

While I was at the Seattle test drive, the guy representing Ineos said they took 8000 reservations because 30% statistically fail to complete the process. That puts them at roughly the 5500 they can import this year. I imagine there will be enough deep pockets or hardcore fans that will spend the money. The other consideration is that there is no guarantee that dealers will not add dealer markup--which is decidedly different from Ineos's original pricing promise, but that's how the American car market works.

It is what it is.

-Alex.

Local time
Reaction score
I don't have one. I'll keep running my 2012 F-150 (162K miles on the clock and going strong) for the foreseeable future. We'll see how successful the Grenadier is and how other manufacturers respond--although I'm sure none of them will be as purpose built as the Grenadier. The Landcruiser that's rumored for the North America market looks interesting, but Toyota has a history (recent history) of misjudging the off-road market completely). I'm going to keep my eye on the Grenadier for the first couple of years and see how pricing and the dealer network evolve. Having followed the progress for so long I was really excited, but I just can't see dropping about $100K and having the nearest dealer/service department 4 hours away.

While I was at the Seattle test drive, the guy representing Ineos said they took 8000 reservations because 30% statistically fail to complete the process. That puts them at roughly the 5500 they can import this year. I imagine there will be enough deep pockets or hardcore fans that will spend the money. The other consideration is that there is no guarantee that dealers will not add dealer markup--which is decidedly different from Ineos's original pricing promise, but that's how the American car market works.

It is what it is.

-Alex.

Why not a slightly used LC200?

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
Ironically, I didn't even spend this much on my LC200 that I bought new.

Back
Top Bottom