The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Grenadier Experience (Seattle Region) 11-12 May

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
I know I am getting old but when I see so many people in pictures and video's these days flashing the call me sign I get very confused.
How do I know your number?
View attachment 7811917
Because everyone knows it is 867-5309.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
Ask for Jenny.

Local time
Reaction score
Great time today! Ineos staff was great. Met two great guys from Spokane, sorry I had to take off. I was sold as soon as I knew I could fit. (6'7") Drive was so sweet with only center dif locked. I hope December timeline holds. Cheers!
View attachment 7811298
I was one of the Spokane guys. Patiently waiting for U.S. pricing. Put down my deposit on Oct 15, 2021, so hopefully I'll get one this year!

Local time
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

I was at the Seattle event on Thursday and after following this rig's development for three years, it was great to see it and drive it. I was a little disappointed not to drive it on the street at all, but impressed with the performance in the off-road conditions presented. I also wanted to try out the front and rear lockers because of some of the quibbles with the sensors reviewers and journalists have mentioned. I felt like the build quality of the truck was impressive. Nothing flimsy about it at all. I'd been thinking about the Fieldmaster interior but after seeing it in person, I'm going with rubber floors and cloth seats if I pull the trigger on this thing. I wasn't sure about colors and really wanted to see them in person. I am leaning Scottish white. The other thing I liked more than I thought was the addition of diamond plate to the front quarters. That area is nice and flat and having the diamond plate there makes it a really functional spot for tools/gear/drink when you're outside the truck. Finally, the difference in the feeling of interior space is dramatic with the safari windows, so I'm a fan of those.

I reserved mine on 9/30/2021, so I think it would show up in November or December of this year. I'm very curious to see the final configurator and price list in a couple of days!

Cheers,

-Alex.

Local time
Reaction score
I had mushroom originally configured but did not love it in person. May look better with a contrasting black/white roof. The scottish white looked great as did silver.

Tough choice, but I'm going with shale blue despite the extra cost. It was gorgeous in person, and I am not normally a blue vehicle guy. Trying to decide if I should do a white or black roof, but I am leaning towards color match at this point.

Unfortunately there was not a sela green at the event, and I hate choosing a color without seeing it in person.

Attachments

• 20230511_131017.jpg
    20230511_131017.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230511_140043.jpg
    20230511_140043.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230511_140055.jpg
    20230511_140055.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 29

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I was surprised how much I liked the shale blue color too. But I think I’m actually leaning towards the MM. Either that or BB.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah the shale was nice. Initially I liked BB, but I've had a dark blue car before and the pollen up here looks terrible on it. The Shale might do better and it looked good caked in mud! Thinking I'll go lighter as my current car is silver and hides stuff much better. I don't wash my car more than 1-2 times per year. Thinking Scottish White this time around.

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah the shale was nice. Initially I liked BB, but I've had a dark blue car before and the pollen up here looks terrible on it. The Shale might do better and it looked good caked in mud! Thinking I'll go lighter as my current car is silver and hides stuff much better. I don't wash my car more than 1-2 times per year. Thinking Scottish White this time around.
Definitely think the mushroom, white and silver (probably in that order) will hide dirt the best.

I love tan fj40s and was gung-ho on mushroom until I saw it in person. I do think with a contrasting roof it would look better.

Local time
Reaction score
All I can add from my drive today, do not play rock, paper, scissors with @jeremy_matrix. Both of us wanted to take the MM but he won. The second thing is it a tighter interior similar to my 87 MR2. Not a complaint but a surprise because it is a big vehicle. I think a screen cover can take a way the sun's reflection on the front screen. I did scrap the bottom front exiting a water hole. My instructor who was awesome, said lets try this line. Not a concern and I have always thought the IG is built around thoughtful decision making on and off road. I posted these pictures on the color thread but here are Sherman William paint cards for people that need some help picking between SW and MM. MM is mega greige and SW is a less of Creamy or white flour

LOL, it was a pleasure to meet you in person Sean and see your new D110(awesome, trail kisses and all!), and meet your friend Nick (958 black CayenneS) too. Next time we'll do best 2 out of 3 to make it more fair. :p
Really appreciate you thinking of bringing S.W. cards so we have a better idea of a color match.
I was originally wanting Donny Grey, but pics online (and certainly in person on Fri) shows it's very very dark, almost black in the shade. Unsure why IA didn't soften up that color a bit. Then I was thinking Scottish White as Magic Mushroom looked too rosy in some pics. SW is a nice slightly creamy white, but MM has my heart for sure. Would go Inky Black roof to have the Rhino Rack roof rack fade into the roof. Really would have liked to have seen Sela Green in person, but I'm worried it's too dark for me and will show trail rash too easily. Until Friday I didn't notice that IA went with 4 blue shades (including the silver); unsure why they did that. A Sandglow type color would have been a nice change IMHO.

I wish they had a green one there today. Color looks better in person. I drove the shale but leaning Scottish White after seeing most of them in the metal.
View attachment 7811473

Hehe, this picture makes me chuckle as my friend and I re-arranged those 3 colors to be together on top as they were our top 3. Gah, that Sela Green is pretty good looking, and fitting for this type of rig.

I was at the last session today and thought I’d share my thoughts. Like many of us, I’ve been following this vehicle pretty closely for a bit now so I had a big list of things to check out at the drive event. I’ll highlight a few here:
  • Suspension was very compliant over all the terrain. My wife rode along in the back and was very pleased with the ride quality and comfort of the rear seat.
  • My instructor (Melvin, super cool dude) showed me the most difficult lines and deepest sections of the mud puddles and I never once felt unsure of the vehicles capabilities. I had a little cross axle 2-wheel action and it was almost unnoticeable it handled it so well. I even stopped in the middle of the muddiest section and it started right up and pulled right out.
  • The turning circle is tighter than I expected it to be. Felt about the same or maybe even tighter than my 80-series Land Cruiser.
  • I liked the Shale Blue much more than expected, but the Magic Mushroom really caught my eye. Britannia Blue was my first choice after only seeing it on a screen, but in person, albeit covered in mud on a sunny day, the color was not as distinguishable from the Donne Grey.
  • Backseat leg room seemed perfectly adequate, I’m 5’-8”. With the driver seat fully slid back I had about an inch to my knees.
  • The front door pockets will hold a 1 liter water bottle.
  • My test vehicle had the side steps and they didn’t catch at any point during the drive. Depending on price, I might skip them and go with an aftermarket version. I also checked out the rock sliders and they are very solid but don’t offer much of a step.
  • The safari windows allow very little heat transfer. It was about 81F out when I was there.
  • I was surprised how little mud/water splashed up when blasting through the deepest puddles. In my current rig I would have needed the wipers but the spray was directed outwards instead of back up at the vehicle.
  • When I got in, I’m pretty sure the wipers hadn’t been run all day so there was a nice layer of caked on mud and dirt on the windshield. I ran the sprayers and the windshield cleaned up on the first swipe. The small triangle in the lower left (LHD) was absolutely not an issue, just forget anyone ever mentioned it.
  • Ken said he expects MPG to be around 19 combined and around 22 for hwy.
  • The engine isn’t picky in what oil to run, just needs to meet the euro spec (not sure which one).
  • The starter is easily accessible, which is nice coming from owning a couple Toyotas with the 4.7l v8 where the starter is buried under the intake manifold.
  • Can take 33” tires with no issues. I’m thinking of opting for the standard Bridgestone tire to save $ and when it’s time to get new rubber I upsize to a set of 33s.
  • The raised intake is cool, but probably not necessary for my needs. Then again it does look pretty good…
And a couple pics from the drive today:

Britannia Blue
View attachment 7811492

Scottish White
View attachment 7811493

Great feedback Murph.
Agreed on rear leg room. I'm 6' and my friend at 5'11" never encroached on my rear seat legroom when he drove.
Oil spec; most likely it'll need to meet/exceed BMW Longlife-17 FE+.
33" tires; 285/70/17, or 255/80/17? I think I found my 285/75/17s and different wheels last night, although 255/80/17 seem to weigh about 10lbs less per corner, which is quite a bit.
@Otis Porsche asked about 7 possible different susp (ie spring) setups; technical guy at the event said that spring spec will depend on how many accessories you add to your IG. Meaning that if you add a lot of accessories/weight, then IA will move you to a heavier duty spring. Will be interesting to see if IA publishes a spring color/stripe chart with coordinating spring specs, like Mercedes has for the G-Wagen. Then you could buy the springs you want from IA after vehicle purchase.

Friday afternoon drive. Will definitely be ordering mine in magic mushroom.

View attachment 7811908
View attachment 7811905
View attachment 7811909
View attachment 7811910

MM FTW!

Last edited:

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
I’m just happy a small company is giving us a choice in color. Look at Tesla, they only give you 4-5 colors? One reason I’m not choosing black nor white, it’s too popular a choice. Sometimes when the Matrix glitches, I’ll be in a crowd of white cars, or black cars. How utterly boring.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Tough choice, but I'm going with shale blue despite the extra cost. It was gorgeous in person, and I am not normally a blue vehicle guy. Trying to decide if I should do a white or black roof, but I am leaning towards color match at this point.
I've gone for the SB with white roof!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
LOL, it was a pleasure to meet you in person Sean and see your new D110(awesome, trail kisses and all!), and meet your friend Nick (958 black CayenneS) too. Next time we'll do best 2 out of 3 to make it more fair. :p
Really appreciate you thinking of bringing S.W. cards so we have a better idea of a color match.
I was originally wanting Donny Grey, but pics online (and certainly in person on Fri) shows it's very very dark, almost black in the shade. Unsure why IA didn't soften up that color a bit. Then I was thinking Scottish White as Magic Mushroom looked too rosy in some pics. SW is a nice slightly creamy white, but MM has my heart for sure. Would go Inky Black roof to have the Rhino Rack roof rack fade into the roof. Really would have liked to have seen Sela Green in person, but I'm worried it's too dark for me and will show trail rash too easily. Until Friday I didn't notice that IA went with 4 blue shades (including the silver); unsure why they did that. A Sandglow type color would have been a nice change IMHO.

Hehe, this picture makes me chuckle as my friend and I re-arranged those 3 colors to be together on top as they were our top 3. Gah, that Sela Green is pretty good looking, and fitting for this type of rig.

Great feedback Murph.
Agreed on rear leg room. I'm 6' and my friend at 5'11" never encroached on my rear seat legroom when he drove.
Oil spec; most likely it'll need to meet/exceed BMW Longlife-17 FE+.
33" tires; 285/70/17, or 255/80/17? I think I found my 285/75/17s and different wheels last night, although 255/80/17 seem to weigh about 10lbs less per corner, which is quite a bit.
@Otis Porsche asked about 7 possible different susp (ie spring) setups; technical guy at the event said that spring spec will depend on how many accessories you add to your IG. Meaning that if you add a lot of accessories/weight, then IA will move you to a heavier duty spring. Will be interesting to see if IA publishes a spring color/stripe chart with coordinating spring specs, like Mercedes has for the G-Wagen. Then you could buy the springs you want from IA after vehicle purchase.

MM FTW!
Oil specIMG_0164.jpeg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
I’m just happy a small company is giving us a choice in color. Look at Tesla, they only give you 4-5 colors? One reason I’m not choosing black nor white, it’s too popular a choice. Sometimes when the Matrix glitches, I’ll be in a crowd of white cars, or black cars. How utterly boring.
Agreed. Most vehicles are white/gray/black anymore; but that's what American's are buying at least.
I appreciate the colors as well, I just thought 4 shades of blue was odd; no love for gold, brown, other greens, etc.

Thx. LL(LongLife) 17 FE it is.

@jeremy_matrix nice to see you on yet another common forum 🍻

Hey Anand! Great to see you as well. Now I'm trying to figure out which of the Anand's I know you are, and what other vehicles you have. :D

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Anand! Great to see you as well. Now I'm trying to figure out which of the Anand's I know you are, and what other vehicles you have. :D
Anand@Induktion in an alternate universe ;)

Back
Top Bottom