The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Towing Package: A Hiccup delaying delivery of the tow package (not the vehicle!).

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
I wonder how 12/week stacks up to other dealers rates of acquisition. That just seems terribly slow.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
RDS did call me on 12/19 to say there were ~50 remaining at Baltimore from the November arrivals. These are coming to RDS ~12/week, but in random order so they do not know when mine will arrive. Sort of good news, bad news.
I am one of the lucky ones still at Baltimore when there is only 9 left.

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As of yesterday, that's what I was told by the dealer.
Mine is still at port, Trialmaster with hitch package, dealership doesn’t know when it will be delivered. I hope before the next batch arrives.

Jimxyz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
The grass isn’t always greener….. I’m 3.5 years in to ownership of a Rivian (2 years waiting, and 18 months ownership thus far). Like Ineos, Rivian is a new manufacture; like Tesla, you deal direct. I can honestly say I’m reading the exact same comments on this forum as I do on the Rivian forum about terrible communication, unavailable parts/upgrades/accessories, weird quirks, delays in manufacturing, etc. There are people on that forum who have been waiting 5+ years for their Rivian and still have zero idea when they’ll take delivery.
I finally gave up on my RIvian order and got my money back. I got in early on the SUV and after waiting an eternity with no real info on when I would ever get it I gave up. This was in part due to the fact that I see the SUVs rolling around everywhere, my neighbor even got my exact truck... I seriously think RIvian was trying to get rid of the early orders because we got a price break. The few SUV owners I spoke to had waited a year or more, but we were way longer than that. (similar experience with the Bronco...) I hate buying cars in the manner of a Kickstarter campaign.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I finally gave up on my RIvian order and got my money back. I got in early on the SUV and after waiting an eternity with no real info on when I would ever get it I gave up. This was in part due to the fact that I see the SUVs rolling around everywhere, my neighbor even got my exact truck... I seriously think RIvian was trying to get rid of the early orders because we got a price break. The few SUV owners I spoke to had waited a year or more, but we were way longer than that. (similar experience with the Bronco...) I hate buying cars in the manner of a Kickstarter campaign.
I am going from a Tesla back to gas. I imagine Rivian is probably as bad as Tesla was in the early stages. It has gotten a lot better but buying mine in 2019 was frustrating mainly because of all the miss information about the downsides. I think you probably saved yourself some pain that comes with dealing with a new electric car/company.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone spoken with or heard of a timeline for the hitch install? I have made a few calls to the dealer but haven't heard back yet. When I picked up the truck a few weeks ago they said it would be a few weeks until they get the fix. Just curious if anyone has heard any rumors? Looking forward to getting the teardrop out.

Jimxyz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone spoken with or heard of a timeline for the hitch install? I have made a few calls to the dealer but haven't heard back yet. When I picked up the truck a few weeks ago they said it would be a few weeks until they get the fix. Just curious if anyone has heard any rumors? Looking forward to getting the teardrop out.
When I picked up my truck last week the dealer here in SoCal wasnt sure when the tow hitch issue would be resolved.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I talked to Sewell and was told that Ineos won't let them install the tow package without the software update. YMMV.
That is what I expected. I don’t understand why they remove the hitch. There are other vehicles that have hitches standard but you have to pay extra for the harness, and not everyone pays. No liability in supplying just the hitch in the USA. I believe this is regulation from other regions affecting the decision.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is what I expected. I don’t understand why they remove the hitch. There are other vehicles that have hitches standard but you have to pay extra for the harness, and not everyone pays. No liability in supplying just the hitch in the USA. I believe this is regulation from other regions affecting the decision.
Tell that to some lawyer somewhere. It's not like we're sue happy here or anything!

Related note - I wonder how this will affect trucks that are currently at the ports. My truck was offloaded yesterday and is sitting in Baltimore - I wonder if they've removed the hitch there.

bamanuke

Production/Transit
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Same. I wonder if I can talk the dealer into just the hitch.
mine was in the floorboard when I took delivery 3 weeks ago. hitch, receiver, ball and mounting bolts. boxed up and sitting in the living room now. I don't have anything to tow that won't require proper operating lights.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
mine was in the floorboard when I took delivery 3 weeks ago. hitch, receiver, ball and mounting bolts. boxed up and sitting in the living room now. I don't have anything to tow that won't require proper operating lights.
Looks like you got the complete set.

Back
Top Bottom