The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Towing Package?

kkester

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Are dealers now able to install the missing towing package? I heard from my dealer over a month ago (RDS outside of Philadelphia) with an estimated timing of a few weeks yet so far, I've heard nothing more. And is there truly a software upgrade that will be applied whenever the towing package is installed?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are dealers now able to install the missing towing package? I heard from my dealer over a month ago (RDS outside of Philadelphia) with an estimated timing of a few weeks yet so far, I've heard nothing more. And is there truly a software upgrade that will be applied whenever the towing package is installed?
Yes, call RDS to schedule this. They are pretty quick - about an hour out the door.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
I was under the impression that if you didn't initially order the tow package the vehicle does not come with the wiring for it and that it would be a pretty involved process to wire the vehicle. Just mounting the hitch if that is all you want should only take a few minutes.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If your truck was not ordered with the tow package, the dealer cannot help you at this time.

If, however, your truck “has” the tow package and was delivered without the hitch, there is the physical reattachment of the hitch AND a required software update. It is the software that caused the issues with the towing.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
My tow package was installed on Friday and I received a software update at RTGT, Oregon.

Software update was exclusively limited to the tow features and lighting. No change to ADAS or menus.

Back
Top Bottom