The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK Parts Supply

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
I would like to stock up on parts for my Gren and keen to hear how others get on.

In the first instance I'm after the B57 diesel oil filter, after that fuel and air filters etc.

So starting a thread here if anyone of those who have taken delivery so far get around to;

a) finding the part number(s)

and

b) a UK or Euro supplier

Would also like another set (x5) steel 17" wheels from IA or their manufacturer incase anyone hears.

I'd ask IA customer service (have already asked my agent) but I have more faith getting quick/correct info from the helpful people on here.

Merci,

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With the wheels I would wait. I honestly believe there will be quite a few for sale as people take them off and replace with alloys.

You can not give VW Transporter steelies away these days.
That is a good point. I've likely got until mid Sept perhaps early Oct until I'll be wanting to stick the m/t 33's on.

Wonder if Barry from Compomotive will provide any. Loved his on my D4.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
That is a good point. I've likely got until mid Sept perhaps early Oct until I'll be wanting to stick the m/t 33's on.

Wonder if Barry from Compomotive will provide any. Loved his on my D4.

Sounds interesting. What you going to be doing with it to need the M/T tyres ?

In addition I will be stunned if the IG wheels are totally unique. Someone will find some off another vehicle for sure.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. What you going to be doing with it to need the M/T tyres ?

In addition I will be stunned if the IG wheels are totally unique. Someone will find some off another vehicle for sure.

a lot of clay around here (quite a few brick works as well!). A/T'a are fine until they turn into slicks. Muds give you a fighting chance. General hunting/fishing/shooting/felling/trailer work

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to stock up on parts for my Gren and keen to hear how others get on.

In the first instance I'm after the B57 diesel oil filter, after that fuel and air filters etc.

So starting a thread here if anyone of those who have taken delivery so far get around to;

and

b) a UK or Euro supplier

Would also like another set (x5) steel 17" wheels from IA or their manufacturer incase anyone hears.

I'd ask IA customer service (have already asked my agent) but I have more faith getting quick/correct info from the helpful people on here.

Merci,
Great thread maybe we need a buy and sell thread or just use this one so forum members can sell/buy any surplus Ineos kit. Looks like I’ll be needing one extra 17”steel wheel with BFG tyre and may be selling my seat covers I’ve ordered as now fancy the sand coloured ones from Melville and Moon.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great thread maybe we need a buy and sell thread or just use this one so forum members can sell/buy any surplus Ineos kit. Looks like I’ll be needing one extra 17”steel wheel with BFG tyre and may be selling my seat covers I’ve ordered as now fancy the sand coloured ones from Melville and Moon.
won't the up and coming "classified section" of the forum address this instead of a thread? @Stu_Barnes ?

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score

Try this.

I've sort of guessed at the BMW model but it gets you to the B57 engine and associated parts. I've used realoem.com for years for my E46 M3. Then I'd order parts from the US as it was still cheaper than ordering from BMW here in Oz.

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 6.51.14 pm.png

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From my reading of the warranty conditions, you need to buy the consumables from Grenadier and retain the paperwork for evidence if there is a query/claim.
that makes sense. I'll toe the line for warranty schedule but for interim changes I'll more than likely need to source outside IA as they are a shambles at the moment, will take sometime for the spares to become readily available from them.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From my reading of the warranty conditions, you need to buy the consumables from Grenadier and retain the paperwork for evidence if there is a query/claim.
I certainly won’t be using any aftermarket or pattern parts on my grenadier until the warranty has expired. Then I’ll certainly look into aftermarket parts as an option

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would think a genuine BMW oil filter from a BMW dealer would not void the warranty.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I would think a genuine BMW oil filter from a BMW dealer would not void the warranty.
I think that to give them any "wriggle room" would be a strategic mistake. With past cars and warranties, I have won claims because I deliberately bought and used items from the dealers/had franchised servicing and kept all the supporting documentation. All of the Car manufacturers started off trying to deny my claim, (Land Rover, Fiat and Volkswagen), and only folded when they could see I was happy to evidence it and had legal insurance if it went properly postal!

VW even denied we had the car serviced on the dot with them as the dealer had failed to record it properly. Thankfully, I had the paper records; it was on a dealer promoted maintenance plan and they had provided feedback and stamped the service book.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that to give them any "wriggle room" would be a strategic mistake. With past cars and warranties, I have won claims because I deliberately bought and used items from the dealers/had franchised servicing and kept all the supporting documentation. All of the Car manufacturers started off trying to deny my claim, (Land Rover, Fiat and Volkswagen), and only folded when they could see I was happy to evidence it and had legal insurance if it went properly postal!

VW even denied we had the car serviced on the dot with them as the dealer had failed to record it properly. Thankfully, I had the paper records; it was on a dealer promoted maintenance plan and they had provided feedback and stamped the service book.
Wow - not cool on their respective parts.

It will be interesting with IA though - weren't they touting at one point that owners could do their own maintenance? And that Bosch service centers can do work? That would mean those service stations need to have genuine IA parts (even though a genuine BMW part is the same (i.e. oil filter)).

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

From past experience on my side it pays to use genuine parts and main dealer service for warranty period. I had a Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian from ex demo stock 800 miles on clock. At around 50k miles and out of warranty the head gasket went whilst on the motorway. Screwed the engine. Mitsubishi acknowledged they had an issue with head gaskets. They ended up buying the vehicle back of me as I was about to sell anyway, they were prepared to fix under warranty even though warranty expired. I always had serviced at the main dealers and always drove carefully as they could tell from the ECU.

Local time
Reaction score
The car arrived the dealer 6x weeks ago I have fully paid for the vehicle over 3x weeks ago only after I received confirmation both from Ineos and the dealer that the vehicle was ready, however, two days after payment I was informed that it needed a part for the transmission.
Its now over three weeks and the parts have not yet arrived. It really bothers me that not only its been three weeks waiting for parts after the vehicle has been fully paid but still no confirm date of when the parts will be supplied, however, vehicles are currently being produced so that's really a confirmation that parts should be available if they wanted to service current vehicles but clearly they don't, as they prioritise the sale of new vehicle that can generate income.
This confirms my fears that vehicles delivered do not have spare parts available. Manufacturing without the spare parts backup on a new vehicle is suicidal for the future success of the brand.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know exactly what parts are required?

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom