The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK Parts Supply

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
I would like to stock up on parts for my Gren and keen to hear how others get on.

In the first instance I'm after the B57 diesel oil filter, after that fuel and air filters etc.

So starting a thread here if anyone of those who have taken delivery so far get around to;

a) finding the part number(s)

and

b) a UK or Euro supplier

Would also like another set (x5) steel 17" wheels from IA or their manufacturer incase anyone hears.

I'd ask IA customer service (have already asked my agent) but I have more faith getting quick/correct info from the helpful people on here.

Merci,
My Factory 17" steels will be coming straight off, would be open to selling them

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I'm trying to get a dashcam installed and running into a little resistance, as my usual tame auto-electrician appears to have run for the hills as soon as I said "Ineos Grenadier".

Trying to be pro-active, I went to Chandlers, my dealer, who in essence said ".... you know as much if not more than we do. We do not have access to a workshop manual and training so far has concentrated on PDIs, swapping out the previously identitfied quality issues and dealer-fit accessories. We can ask questions of Ineos, but answers are not necessarily very detailed". They will talk to their contacts in Ineos and come back to me. I have said I am happy to pay for the work but not the learning curve. (Road Angel Halo Pro, front and rear camera set up with fitting kit).

I have been chasing Gary Pearson for the manual access and so far he said that the online manual will be released after the US market goes live in 2024, (when build details are finalised). To say I am not happy is something of an understatement. A key part of the USP for me is the ability to access workshop data and best practise; admittedly 2024 will be well within my warranty period, but I want to be able to modify my vehicle without fear of breaking something through ignorance.

Chandlers' technician and I discussed the information we thought we would need to do a proper job and the Service Manager will try and get that detail on Monday.

It is a good thing the vehicle is excellent as the support roll-out currently sucks.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a dashcam installed and running into a little resistance, as my usual tame auto-electrician appears to have run for the hills as soon as I said "Ineos Grenadier".

Trying to be pro-active, I went to Chandlers, my dealer, who in essence said ".... you know as much if not more than we do. We do not have access to a workshop manual
I thought they'd all had training on the system months ago ~ I remember @Halliwell Jones Chester mentioning it for his team back in January :

https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/manuals-and-online-access.12355444/#post-1333144793

and training so far has concentrated on PDIs, swapping out the previously identitfied quality issues and dealer-fit accessories. We can ask questions of Ineos, but answers are not necessarily very detailed". They will talk to their contacts in Ineos and come back to me. I have said I am happy to pay for the work but not the learning curve. (Road Angel Halo Pro, front and rear camera set up with fitting kit).
I'd try Pete Bell, on here as @BAS-Remaps, he's posted on FB fitting a front & rear dashcam (think it might have been a Blackview setup) to his own Grenadier.

I have been chasing Gary Pearson for the manual access and so far he said that the online manual will be released after the US market goes live in 2024, (when build details are finalised). To say I am not happy is something of an understatement. A key part of the USP for me is the ability to access workshop data and best practise; admittedly 2024 will be well within my warranty period, but I want to be able to modify my vehicle without fear of breaking something through ignorance.
I think this has been in the wind for sometime. Utter shite.

The CAD-IT guy has been in post for quite some time, there must be some content in the system:
Screenshot_20230513_082724.jpgScreenshot_20230513_082649.jpg

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know exactly what parts are required?
Hi, unfortunately not, this is all the information I was given;

INEOS engineers inspected your Grenadier on Friday & they have identified a quality issue with the transfer box ( 4WD System) and tis will be replaced before delivery of the vehicle.
The part has been ordered & we are expecting lead time of @ 7 – 10 days.

But that was over three weeks ago and as of yesterday they still don't have a delivery date from Ineos

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is that info passed to you 2nd hand from the agent or direct from Ineos?

Have you tried asking to speak to the Ineos field engineer responsibile or for a copy of the parts order? Sometimes micromanaging the issue gives the little bump necessary to move things forward.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With Mercedes, if you have dealer stamps the car will be recovered for years after warranty has expired. Therefore, I will have it serviced by an approved dealer, unless it breaks down.

After market parts will of course be allowed unless they are braking, transmission, suspension and engine would be my guess.

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
Is that info passed to you 2nd hand from the agent or direct from Ineos?

Have you tried asking to speak to the Ineos field engineer responsibile or for a copy of the parts order? Sometimes micromanaging the issue gives the little bump necessary to move things forward.
All communication has been with the dealer as every time I contact Ineos, they refer me back to the dealer but you are right, I might keep pushing and see if I can speed things up. Mind you if Ineos is not sending whatever parts are needed there is not a lot the dealer can do apart from chasing.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
All communication has been with the dealer as every time I contact Ineos, they refer me back to the dealer
By Ineos do you mean customer services? I'd ignore them now ~ that's for pre-payment/retail issues.

Remember the dealer in the UK is actually an agent, he doesn't have your money, Ineos do. Ask the agent for the name and phone number of the UK aftersales/field engineer; or if they won't give you that, then ask that they ring you.

but you are right, I might keep pushing and see if I can speed things up.
You need to, unless you are happy to wait.

Mind you if Ineos is not sending whatever parts are needed there is not a lot the dealer can do apart from chasing.
Yes but there's chasing and then there's chasing. If they keep ringing the same person and get the same answer then that's just going through the motions.

Asking for a copy of the parts order/request will confirm if and when it was actually done, and who received it. Ring the next person in the chain and ask more questions.

Edit: And when the person answering the phone says "Lynn Calder's office", you know the buck stops there. 😉

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well I took my own advice this morning.

The agent delivered the vehicle last week without the half height cargo barrier. They were apologetic as it was on their list and they had missed it. They would chase it and let me know.

So no call by the end of the week, so I called them this morning & was politely told that a long list of all the missing accessories from all the customers had been input into the agent portal, they had ticket numbers for the parts requests but they were all on backorder and they had no idea when they would be receiving them.

I asked if they could speak to someone on the phone to get an idea on timings but was told they don't speak to anyone at Ineos, it all has to be done via the portal!

We then had a conversation on the topic of when an accessory was an accessory and when it was not. My premise was that a cargo barrier is not an accessory for a commercial vehicle but a fundamental requirement of that vehicle and without it, I have a £60k garden ornament.

We didn't reach an agreement, so I asked for the name and the phone number of someone in Aftersales at Ineos who I could discuss this further with. This was going to be looked into, and I'd get a phone call back soonest.

Phone call within the hour and I have a 10am appointment tomorrow morning to get the missing cargo barrier fitted.

I have another story, but as Hammy the Hamster would say, that's for another time. 🐹

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
Well I took my own advice this morning.

The agent delivered the vehicle last week without the half height cargo barrier. They were apologetic as it was on their list and they had missed it. They would chase it and let me know.

So no call by the end of the week, so I called them this morning & was politely told that a long list of all the missing accessories from all the customers had been input into the agent portal, they had ticket numbers for the parts requests but they were all on backorder and they had no idea when they would be receiving them.

I asked if they could speak to someone on the phone to get an idea on timings but was told they don't speak to anyone at Ineos, it all has to be done via the portal!

We then had a conversation on the topic of when an accessory was an accessory and when it was not. My premise was that a cargo barrier is not an accessory for a commercial vehicle but a fundamental requirement of that vehicle and without it, I have a £60k garden ornament.

We didn't reach an agreement, so I asked for the name and the phone number of someone in Aftersales at Ineos who I could discuss this further with. This was going to be looked into, and I'd get a phone call back soonest.

Phone call within the hour and I have a 10am appointment tomorrow morning to get the missing cargo barrier fitted.

I have another story, but as Hammy the Hamster would say, that's for another time. 🐹
It’s hard to understand why there has to be an escalation form such a Cristal clear thing. I hope the hamsters story isn’t that annoying for you as well!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And I now have a brand new and shiny half height cargo barrier:

WP_20230516_046.jpg

Many thanks to Chandlers, Horncastle and Steve, Simon & Laura for this.

I did leave there with one part I had arrived with missing though...
WP_20230516_048.jpg
To be replaced with this:
WP_20230516_045.jpg

I'll post more on this here:

Last edited:

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7812126

Really pleased for you. I’ll follow your lead and do the same tomorrow. I’m waiting for the cargo barrier, plus tow ball, mats and rear table - and I’ve been waiting for two weeks now

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
So has Ineos pulled this barrier out of thin air like a magician and got it delivered in 24hrs OR as I suspect did the agent have this all along and has fitted it, possibly on the authorisation of Ineos.

I also get the feeling that there is also an IG in their car park with a cargo barrier missing.

Good that you got yours though DCPU.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's OK I don't want or need a barrier! :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So has Ineos pulled this barrier out of thin air like a magician and got it delivered in 24hrs OR as I suspect did the agent have this all along and has fitted it, possibly on the authorisation of Ineos.

I also get the feeling that there is also an IG in their car park with a cargo barrier missing.

Good that you got yours though DCPU.
I think my agent had balls to juggle but went that extra mile to deliver for his customer. In fact he walked even further than that for my tow hitch.

And I don't think any of his balls are on the floor... yet!

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7812126

I did leave there with one part I had arrived with missing though...
View attachment 7812128
To be replaced with this:
View attachment 7812130

I'll post more on this here:
Will be interested to hear how you go getting that in, have you checked? Some reports that the reciever is wuite shallow and some aftermarket ones won’t go on far enough to get the pin in.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Will be interested to hear how you go getting that in, have you checked? Some reports that the reciever is wuite shallow and some aftermarket ones won’t go on far enough to get the pin in.
Covered on the linked thread above. 🙌

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to stock up on parts for my Gren and keen to hear how others get on.

In the first instance I'm after the B57 diesel oil filter, after that fuel and air filters etc.

So starting a thread here if anyone of those who have taken delivery so far get around to;

a) finding the part number(s)

and

b) a UK or Euro supplier
Air filter used in diesel airbox:
WP_20230608_100.jpg
WP_20230608_010.jpgWP_20230608_024.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m waiting for the cargo barrier, plus tow ball, mats and rear table - and I’ve been waiting for two weeks now
I noticed the half height cargo barrier had a sticker on:
WP_20230611_15_14_47_Pro.jpg

Given they're in short supply, I was surprised to see this was made nearly 11 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom