The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UHF Installation. Under glove box radio, concealed wiring, utility rail antenna mount

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score
Thought I'd post my UHF installation.
Not as detailed as some other forum members, but hopefully clear enough to see the approach.

Not having a bullbar yet (don't like the IG offering), I decided to mount the Antenna on the Passenger side rear utility rail.
I also wanted concealed wiring and no drilling etc (though I did have to drill a hole through the plastic trim at the rear corner to run the Antenna cable).

So with that, I ended up at the below approach:

I mounted the radio chassis and base unit under the glove box. Bit fiddly, but a perfect fit for the small GME unit.
I couldn't quite get the trim removed at the front of the glove box, but didn't need to access as much as see from that angle, so I left it dangling by the remaining clip.
Connected to the INT 1 in the footwell.

IMG_6020.jpeg

There is some existing metalwork to bolt to with no drilling required. This and some 3M double sided mounting tape to hold in place while I worked.

IMG_6018.jpeg

The microphone was mounted using a combination of Quad Lock bits and the magnetic clip supplied with the radio. I chose to mount it on the passenger side as my phone is mounted similarly on the drivers side. No dangling cord in the drivers footwell either.

IMG_6023.jpeg
IMG_6116.jpeg

Running the Antenna wire was a headache, but worth it to have concealed.
It ran through the rear passenger side corner, through the plastic trim, then through an existing grommet, along with the other wiring under the wheel arch trim then following along with that wiring along the floor under the door/floor trim.

IMG_6048.jpegIMG_6081.jpegIMG_6080.jpeg

I made an Ali bracket and used some patina solution to make it black.
The bracket is then fixed using these Cargo rail lugs and some dome head bolts.

IMG_6107.jpeg

IMG_6117.jpeg
IMG_6118.jpeg

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
Thought I'd post my UHF installation.
Not as detailed as some other forum members, but hopefully clear enough to see the approach.

Not having a bullbar yet (don't like the IG offering), I decided to mount the Antenna on the Passenger side rear utility rail.
I also wanted concealed wiring and no drilling etc (though I did have to drill a hole through the plastic trim at the rear corner to run the Antenna cable).

So with that, I ended up at the below approach:

I mounted the radio chassis and base unit under the glove box. Bit fiddly, but a perfect fit for the small GME unit.
I couldn't quite get the trim removed at the front of the glove box, but didn't need to access as much as see from that angle, so I left it dangling by the remaining clip.
Connected to the INT 1 in the footwell.

View attachment 7832642

There is some existing metalwork to bolt to with no drilling required. This and some 3M double sided mounting tape to hold in place while I worked.

View attachment 7832643

The microphone was mounted using a combination of Quad Lock bits and the magnetic clip supplied with the radio. I chose to mount it on the passenger side as my phone is mounted similarly on the drivers side. No dangling cord in the drivers footwell either.

View attachment 7832641
View attachment 7832644

Running the Antenna wire was a headache, but worth it to have concealed.
It ran through the rear passenger side corner, through the plastic trim, then through an existing grommet, along with the other wiring under the wheel arch trim then following along with that wiring along the floor under the door/floor trim.

View attachment 7832645View attachment 7832646View attachment 7832647

I made an Ali bracket and used some patina solution to make it black.
The bracket is then fixed using these Cargo rail lugs and some dome head bolts.

View attachment 7832648

View attachment 7832649
View attachment 7832650
Very neat and nice solution, well documented, congratulations.
But be warned: "NO PARKING" ;) :ROFLMAO:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
This is literally the first utilization of the exterior gear rail that makes me wish I had ordered them... Nicely done!
I completely agree with you. I found an utilisation for myself, I am happy with it, but to be honest, not needed at all. Therefore I will not post the link to my post.

Back
Top Bottom