The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Two inch lift, anybody.

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
I'm working with a couple of suppliers to put together a 2" lift. Has this been done or should I keep pushing forward. It will take the Gren out of commission for a couple of weeks but that is OK. How much demand do you think there will be?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
I think it would depend entirely on who the suppliers are, and what the options are.

For example, would it be Eibach style where there are 2 different front spring options (winch or no winch), but only 1 rear spring version?

Or would it be like some of the larger companies in the off road world where there are 3-5 different spring options for front and rear (each) based on overall lift and weight capacity?

Assuming that the 2" lift includes shocks, are they rebuildable? adjustable (dampening, rebound?)? What is their longevity or lifespan in environments with salted roads? What is the shock tuned for (a little of everything, high speed off road, low speed, etc)?

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tom Cruise is very interested.

Nah, he'll HALO in from 30,000' and go through the safari window.
Tom Cruise Action GIF by Mission Impossible

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After some thought and a little research, I'm going to do mine first, drive it for a month, and then decide if I want to venture into the lift business or pass it off to someone who is interested.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After some thought and a little research, I'm going to do mine first, drive it for a month, and then decide if I want to venture into the lift business or pass it off to someone who is interested.
I'm guessing it's an easier said than done enterprise - one well above my paygrade.

Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
I'm working with a couple of suppliers to put together a 2" lift. Has this been done or should I keep pushing forward. It will take the Gren out of commission for a couple of weeks but that is OK. How much demand do you think there will be?
I think it would depend entirely on who the suppliers are, and what the options are.

For example, would it be Eibach style where there are 2 different front spring options (winch or no winch), but only 1 rear spring version?

Or would it be like some of the larger companies in the off road world where there are 3-5 different spring options for front and rear (each) based on overall lift and weight capacity?

Assuming that the 2" lift includes shocks, are they rebuildable? adjustable (dampening, rebound?)? What is their longevity or lifespan in environments with salted roads? What is the shock tuned for (a little of everything, high speed off road, low speed, etc)?
I would guess that some folks will jump at it - excited about running larger tires.

I would also guess that others will have questions. In addition to what @anand asked about, I think some people will want to know:

(1) How much testing was done
(2) How big a tire will the lift accommodate without rubbing, and whether a wheel with different backspacing is required to run that larger tire
(3) How does the lift affect handling (especially emergency maneuvers)
(4) Whether other parts are necessary (e.g. adjustable front track bar, adjustable links for the stock track bar and/or drag link, adjustable control arms, rear track bar, new brackets for rear track bar, extended brake lines).

Two inches may not sound like a lot, but the Grenadier has pretty short control arms, so folks who have some experience will have these questions.

EDIT: Just to provide a little context - you can get a 2-inch lift for the Jeep JL / JT directly from the factory (Mopar 2-inch lift), and this kit comes with longer front control arms, longer sway bar links, and extended brake lines:
Mopar_2-inch_lift.jpg
Some people like the way the Jeep drives with this lift.

Other people are not happy with how their lifted Jeep handles, and end up adding additional parts to their lift, like new brackets that relocate the rear track bar, an adjustable front track bar, an adjustable end-link for the drag link, and adjustable lower control arms. Most of these people I have talked to wish that they had bought a complete kit from the get-go.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
Eibach already have a 2 inch lift that gives you the factory ride (progressive coils), they seem to be selling well.

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Eibach already have a 2 inch lift that gives you the factory ride (progressive coils), they seem to be selling well.
More information, please. Eibach is based in California.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 PM
Reaction score
It’s more like 1”

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Having taken a deep dive into Rover coil-sprung suspension in the 1990’s, I’m very interested to see what options appear on the market. For now I need to see how my factory suspension performs, and make a few tests of my own. I expect we’ll see some “professional” aftermarket input Q3 2024.

ya5891

Production/Transit
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
LeTech have a 4cm lift kit (which equates to about 1.6")

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

This is all I can find from Eibach at the moment.

I have a really good spring supplier, so that part is not a problem. It will be a question of how to do the rate on the springs, as everyone will have different expectations. The shocks, however, will be a little more complex, but King has already been looking, so I'm waiting on their input and options.

The really interesting part is that the Gren almost looks like it was made to lift. The control arm geometry is ideal for a small lift. The drive shafts are CV'd, and all other connections seem ready. I will send my springs out next week for baseline evaluation, so let's see what happens.

Here is one of my experiments.

IMG_0193.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting, a local guy said his Grenadier was more like 40mm 🤷
Maybe if you installed ones rated for a winch and don't have one - so there's no compression?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
More information, please. Eibach is based in California.
Eibach are a German company based in Finnentrop. 😊
The part numbers are available in this forum, use the search bar they will be in there. 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom