The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Prototype Eibach 2.5” leveling + lift

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
I am super honored and pleased to have been approached by Eibach in the US to prototype springs for them. they initially ordered a set of 30mm and 40mm euro spec springs to install on two cars here in california. Agile Offroad received and fit the 40mm set on their non winch equipped rig. Eibach decided to do some testing on the 30mm springs to potentially get more height and level the front. They accomplished this by stretching the springs and taking measurements, then letting me drive it around for 2 weeks to allow settling, get further measurements, and driver feedback. The final product is now on the rig and it’s amazing!

2.5” total lift in the front and leveled with no rake. They accomplished this by lengthening the coils and a slightly heavier rate. This also enhanced the ride through increased compliance and way less body roll than factory configuration! They said the springs should be available within the month.

I’m currently running 275/70r17 but will probably go up to a 285/75r17. It looks great as is but I feel a “34” will fill in the wheel wells nicely and add about an extra inch of diff clearance.

IMG_4321.jpegIMG_4320.jpegIMG_4313.jpeg

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
Awesome news and thanks for sharing. What is your recommendation for those of us who plan to remove the rear bench seat and store a helluva lot of weight in the back? I'm wondering how to approach that from a lift/springs/shocks mod.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So if you plan on loading the car down, these springs will likely level out to the euro spec height depending on weight. Eibach did mention they will probably release even heavier load springs or custom rates depending upon your individual needs. if loading with typical trail mods then you likely wont need heavier springs as they said even an addition of a winch and bumper wont effect height on this setup much. well see more as people start modding.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
I ordered the 30mm ones from Titan Motorsports back in November or December. They just emailed yesterday with the option of sticking with the 30mm or going to the taller lift. The two original kits are considered the Euro kits. The new taller kit is for the USA, from what I was told.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered the 30mm ones from Titan Motorsports back in November or December. They just emailed yesterday with the option of sticking with the 30mm or going to the taller lift. The two original kits are considered the Euro kits. The new taller kit is for the USA, from what I was told.

This is correct the US spec is the height you see on my rig. they will be in stock shortly, they were hopeful for today. They're currently working on longer remote resi shocks to match, those will be fitted on my rig shortly as well!

Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
So if you plan on loading the car down, these springs will likely level out to the euro spec height depending on weight. Eibach did mention they will probably release even heavier load springs or custom rates depending upon your individual needs. if loading with typical trail mods then you likely wont need heavier springs as they said even an addition of a winch and bumper wont effect height on this setup much. well see more as people start modding.

B-

What shocks did you go with and is there a length that Eibach recommends? Also, how is the steering with the taller springs?

Thanks,
Joe

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome news and thanks for sharing. What is your recommendation for those of us who plan to remove the rear bench seat and store a helluva lot of weight in the back? I'm wondering how to approach that from a lift/springs/shocks mod.
Not "leveling" front springs.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which also means less axle articulation ...
Incorrect. The slightly heavier rate spring might reduce the “speed” at which flex will occur but unnoticeably. A stiffer tuned shock would do that more, even then you likely wouldn’t be able to notice any change. The only way to reduce articulation is to add longer bump stops at this height. The current limiting factor in regards to articulation is the shocks stopping max droop, after that would be the driveshaft, then the control arm joint’s binding.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
B-

What shocks did you go with and is there a length that Eibach recommends? Also, how is the steering with the taller springs?

Thanks,
Joe
They said the stock shocks are fine, the ride height is all that is altered so the shock remains the limiting factor. They are building a longer remote resi shock that will also be prototyped on my car. The issue is that even if we add a longer shock to allow for more droop, we’ll run into binding and potential driveshaft damage at extreme articulation, although not likely to find these rigs in rock crawling situations where this would occur. Also remember guys, this is just a 2.5” lift which is minimal. A 3.5” or greater and you start getting into the need to change links. I’d love to see adjustable control arms and trackbars made for these to really dial it in.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
B-

Thanks,
Joe
The steering is actually better in my opinion since the springs don’t feel as soft and squishy anymore. Less body roll means less driver correction which means less driver fatigue. We were able to max out the caster bolts to get 1.7 degrees. 2.0 is nominal per Ineos specs. I’d love to get more caster but then we’ll need a double cardan driveshaft in the front. Between 1.7 and 2.0 is such a negligible difference, paired with the heavier rate I feel it handles better than factory.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not "leveling" front springs.
This isn’t a leveling spring. This is a slightly taller and heavier rate spring set than the euro spec 30mm and 40mm Eibach sets. Eibach America is catering to the American market that prefers no rake that also tends to load down their vehicles more heavily. As I said, he has options, it all depends on end gross weight and desired ride height.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The thing is, it does sound like a leveling spring. 🤷‍♂️

Given the same vehicle and payload, a heavier spring rate will affect travel in both compression and extension since higher loads (on the spring) are required to extend/compress them. This is evidenced by your comment on less body roll.

I am very interested to see how these develop, and I hope they publish spring data (rates, lengths, number of coils, etc.). Lengthening the spring vs. adding coils could be a step in the right direction, but full spring data is needed.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m currently running 275/70r17 but will probably go up to a 285/75r17. It looks great as is but I feel a “34” will fill in the wheel wells nicely and add about an extra inch of diff clearance.
What is the impact on overall height of the new springs? What would the total impact be with the new tires. I'm looking to do this, but I'm starting to be concerened about my garage door height. I might have to choose between this mod and a roof rack...

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What is the impact on overall height of the new springs? What would the total impact be with the new tires. I'm looking to do this, but I'm starting to be concerened about my garage door height. I might have to choose between this mod and a roof rack...
Hi MileHigh, I have a low garage clearance too. You might want to check out the Leitner Designs Grenadier 3/4 roof rack. Incredible build quality and only adds approximately 2.25 inches in height over and above the 4 plastic strips on the roof. The brackets that attach to the Grenadier and the Rack are CNC milled from a solid billet of aluminum. @JGM ordered and installed one. I did too.
Here's a link to JGM's post showing detailed photos. DaBull

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Rough math, currently the stock grenadier on 31 is 6'7". The new springs add 1.2" to back with 2.5 in front, to level it out. Keeping it simple, let's say it adds 1 inch. Now your at 6'8" on 31. Upgrade tires to 33 and say that adds 1 inch. Now you are looking at 6'9". I can tell you as my daily driver, I can't go higher than 6'9" I won't get in to my clients garages.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rough math, currently the stock grenadier on 31 is 6'7". The new springs add 1.2" to back with 2.5 in front, to level it out. Keeping it simple, let's say it adds 1 inch. Now your at 6'8" on 31. Upgrade tires to 33 and say that adds 1 inch. Now you are looking at 6'9". I can tell you as my daily driver, I can't go higher than 6'9" I won't get in to my clients garages.
I would add a few inches for a safe buffer, parking garages are well known to do updates to the plumbing/wiring/conduit that may be a bit lower than the original height constraint

Back
Top Bottom