The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

255/85R17 with Eibach springs

Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
Paul at Shoreline in Huntington Beach has set aside a quintet of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT in 255/85R17 for me a while ago, and I was able to make it up for install today.
I had a fortunate turn of events at work and was able to snag the “old” white Grenadier from the company I work for (Owl) and bring it back to reside at my house.
This has the Eibach Springs that Owl has in stock and the Owl Talon wheels in custom Scottish White paint.
I run this tire on my Sprinter Van and have found it to be quite good at most everything, and it is certainly a very photogenic tire with a classic pizza cutter aesthetic.

(The missing side trim is no longer missing)

Attachments

• IMG_5341.jpeg
    IMG_5341.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_5336.jpeg
    IMG_5336.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_5339.jpeg
    IMG_5339.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 227

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Nice job! Of curiosity, other than aesthetics, was there a reason you flipped the spare around?

Local time
11:10 AM
Reaction score
Truly perfect width and diameter. Keep us posted on any interference.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the MT Baja Boss the only tire made in that size? A quick google didn't turn up any other options.

I do like the color matched wheel - a very classic look.

Local time
Reaction score
Nice job! Of curiosity, other than aesthetics, was there a reason you flipped the spare around?
The company I work for is prototyping some tire carriers and adaptors to allow for the doors to open with larger diameter tires. This was what they had ready when I picked up the Grenadier at HQ.

Flipping the wheel over is probably going to be the direction we take, as my boss prefers the wheel “facing” outward.

We also manufacture and sell these wheels, so it is good to see the wheel at that height.

We use apex rapid deflate valves in our wheels and it is nice to be able to access the valve for demonstration purposes and that is difficult with the wheel facing inward.

I personally like the way it looks facing either way, but it made the most sense for us to have it facing outward for this particular tire carrier/carrier.

Local time
Reaction score
Is the MT Baja Boss the only tire made in that size? A quick google didn't turn up any other options.

I do like the color matched wheel - a very classic look.
Yes. The 255/85r17 tire size is currently only offered by Mickey Thompson. There are lots of 255/80R17 on the market.

It’s a very tall tire for the spec…I’ll put a tape measure on it today and post the actually height.

Local time
Reaction score
On a side note, I’d like to see your printer on those tire. I’ve never noticed a van on them before

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
silver van on left and grey van on right both have 255/85R17 and the van in middle has 285/75R17
Are these still Sprinters with V6 engines? What model years are these? Unfortunately, they no longer exist. Ours will, as I always say, have a lawnmower engine.

Local time
Reaction score
Can you take some more pics? Directly from the front? Looking down the side to show placement of tires in the wheel wells. Direct 90deg shot from the sides to see how the diameter fits in the arch…..etc

Local time
Reaction score
Are these still Sprinters with V6 engines? What model years are these? Unfortunately, they no longer exist. Ours will, as I always say, have a lawnmower engine.
The two vans on the ends are both V6 4x4 and the van in the middle is the new 2023 4cyl AWD van. I have owned many Sprinters over the years and I will say that the new AWD 4cyl drivetrain performs way better off-road and at elevation than the 6cyl 4x4. I would 100% upgrade to the new 4cyl if my budget allowed for that.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The two vans on the ends are both V6 4x4 and the van in the middle is the new 2023 4cyl AWD van. I have owned many Sprinters over the years and I will say that the new AWD 4cyl drivetrain performs way better off-road and at elevation than the 6cyl 4x4. I would 100% upgrade to the new 4cyl if my budget allowed for that.
Good to hear. I'm getting the 2024 Sprinter 4x4 with a engine capacity of just under 2 litres. But as there is no other engine available, I had no choice anyway. But what you say reassures me.

Back
Top Bottom