The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Prototype Eibach 2.5” leveling + lift

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
My springs will be delivered tomorrow.

Now the question is to go 34's or 35's 🤷‍♂️

Not scared of minor rubbing, just curious about the how it will effect gearing, boost threshold, etc.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Rough math, currently the stock grenadier on 31 is 6'7". The new springs add 1.2" to back with 2.5 in front, to level it out. Keeping it simple, let's say it adds 1 inch. Now your at 6'8" on 31. Upgrade tires to 33 and say that adds 1 inch. Now you are looking at 6'9". I can tell you as my daily driver, I can't go higher than 6'9" I won't get in to my clients garages.
She'll be right mate
Just pick up a bit of speed and hope they have n't added anything on the roof since the warning signs were installed.
1709171508069.png1709171563680.png1709171532961.png1709171584827.png1709171666791.png1709171695441.png

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also have to deal with parking garages regularly. I'm doing my napkin math...

Grenadier = 6' 8" (2.03 m)
Height from spring lift = +2.5" (@ front, so will be slightly less at rear if levelling lift)
Height from 34" tires = +1.2" (sidewall height increase moving to, say, a 255/85R17)

Total = 6' 11.7" (call it an even 7')

And then add a rack. Minimum 2.25" (Leitner).

Costco garage looks like a no-go. Lol. Worth it!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Your Costco has a garage?! The oddities of the Great White North... Mastercards and garages at Costco, what a time to be alive
They need to park in garages to prevent people from being mauled by polar bears.

Next thing those Canadians will do is put in a underground mall in BC.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thinking on sizing, as my springs just arrived - the steel rims are 7.5" in width. Very few 35" tires run narrow enough for that rim width.
Recommended wheel widths rarely stop anyone in the off road world from putting wide tires on 7 or 7.5" factory wheels... Not saying it's right, but it is rampant

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thinking on sizing, as my springs just arrived - the steel rims are 7.5" in width. Very few 35" tires run narrow enough for that rim width.
I have a set of the Kenda Klever RT 35x10.5 mounted on a set of Toyota TRD OffRoad wheels (7.5" width) for my Tacoma. This is within spec for the tires recommended wheel width and they function beautifully. Long story short, it can be done, but you are correct that you are limited to essentially a "Tall Skinny/Pizza Cutter" 35

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Recommended wheel widths rarely stop anyone in the off road world from putting wide tires on 7 or 7.5" factory wheels... Not saying it's right, but it is rampant
I really am not worried about what is recommended. I just don't like the ballooned out look too much.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The thing is, it does sound like a leveling spring. 🤷‍♂️

Given the same vehicle and payload, a heavier spring rate will affect travel in both compression and extension since higher loads (on the spring) are required to extend/compress them. This is evidenced by your comment on less body roll.

I am very interested to see how these develop, and I hope they publish spring data (rates, lengths, number of coils, etc.). Lengthening the spring vs. adding coils could be a step in the right direction, but full spring data is needed.
Sorry. A leveling spring would be just a front spring to eliminate the factory rake. This is a lift spring that “levels” the way the car sits at a raised height. A leveling spring would be very similar to just adding a leveling spacer in the front.

It sounds like you’re confusing rebound and compression rates for travel. The vehicle still has the same length of travel, the limiting factor being the factory shock, which will be changed to remote reservoirs shortly. The rate of compression and rebound is so negligible in this application that the layman would never notice, which even then would really only be affected by shock tuning. The springs hold the vehicle up at a certain ride height while a shock controls the speed or rate of compression and rebound.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What is the impact on overall height of the new springs? What would the total impact be with the new tires. I'm looking to do this, but I'm starting to be concerened about my garage door height. I might have to choose between this mod and a roof rack...
With this lift and 285/75r17’s the top of the bump strips on the roof are measuring at 82” with 40PSI in the tires.

Back
Top Bottom