The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

35's with the Eibach 2.5" lift...

travelerBT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
I can't seem to get a straight answer either through searches online or through Eibach. I just wanna know if I can get 35 x 12.5 tires to fit with the Eibach 2.5 inch lift springs with no trimming or rubbing. Just a Yes or No please...

I pick up my rig tomorrow... so excited!!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone is running that combination. Also, don't forget that wheel width and offset both play a large role in fitment and determining the extent of trimming/rubbing

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those reading the thread later... OP is looking to see if anyone has put 35x12.50s on a 17x8 ET38 wheel with the Eibach 2.5 "US" spring kit

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
I can't seem to get a straight answer either through searches online or through Eibach. I just wanna know if I can get 35 x 12.5 tires to fit with the Eibach 2.5 inch lift springs with no trimming or rubbing. Just a Yes or No please...

Hey TravelerBT,
I’m having my Eibach 2.5’s and KM3 LT315/70/17 (inches) 34.4/12.4/17 BFgoodrich mud terrains put on next week. I currently have 295/70/17 with stock suspension with no problem. The shop that is installing the springs has already done this and had no issues. Will let you know first hand when installed.

On a second note; I spoke with Eibach USA and they relayed to me that they now make a pro-lift-kit in the US (model number E-30-34-001-06-22) that works with either winch or no winch, and is in stock! It’s all very confusing but this will level and raise the car with 2.5” front / 1.2 rear.

Jayp

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score

I just lifted mine with the Eibach lift, New 17" Reika bronze wheels, and Toyo AT3's - 285 75 17. No rubbing. I also added a 5th tire to the spare tire carrier. The door still opens fine with only about 1/4" to spare. The backup camera is slightly blocked with the larger tire, but not too bad. These are 33.9" OD x 11.3" wide. ineos.jpg

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for posting pictures, your rigs looks amazing! How is the gearing with the 35s?

Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for posting pictures, your rigs looks amazing! How is the gearing with the 35s?
I feel zero difference in gearing/get up & go. I still don't like the way it feels going down the highway at speeds over 60/65mph though.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I feel zero difference in gearing/get up & go. I still don't like the way it feels going down the highway at speeds over 60/65mph though.
Thanks for the update!

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have the Eibach 2.5" lift with 35x12.50 BFG MT's and there's zero issues or rubbing. I did have to order the Black Sheep spare relocation bracket and hope to have that on soon.
Big Joe Jack! Iwas at 4 wheel parts when your rig was on the rack getting this done. I would like to do the same. Love to chat with you about it when you have time.

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
If the only thing done to achieve this eibach suspension lift was changing the springs, then all you have achieved is increasing static ride height by moving the wheel travel lower down in the stock wheel travel window. This means if you are getting no rubbing on 35s at full compression with this lift, you would have had none without the lift because the upward wheel travel has not been limited by a bump stop extension and the overall down travel would be the same as stock as well, since you are still using the stock shock length. Hence why go to the expense of a lift like this, unless you are doing it for looks? The lift alone does not increase ground clearance as it is a solid axle vehicle and only increasing the wheel assembly diameter will increase ground clearance. Also a lift raises the centre of gravity, making it more tippy off and on road and increasing a chance of a roll over. Unless a suspension lift includes bump stop extensions and longer shocks then in realty all you have achieved is an aesthetic change at best and made the vehicle worse off road and harder to get in and out of. If you are strictly a mall crawler and never intend to put the vehicle into situations where full suspension compression will be realized then I guess this solution will allow larger wheels than the stock suspension.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You should be on 37s as a minimum then ;) The Aussie 24/7 crew in the USA were told 35s are "entry level" and "cute"
35s became the new 33s a few years ago, and now 37s are definitely the new 35s, especially given how easily 40s fit on newer JL/JTs; and things like the RCLT allowing 37-39s on modern Tacoma/4Runners

Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
If the only thing done to achieve this eibach suspension lift was changing the springs, then all you have achieved is increasing static ride height by moving the wheel travel lower down in the stock wheel travel window. This means if you are getting no rubbing on 35s at full compression with this lift, you would have had none without the lift because the upward wheel travel has not been limited by a bump stop extension and the overall down travel would be the same as stock as well, since you are still using the stock shock length. Hence why go to the expense of a lift like this, unless you are doing it for looks? The lift alone does not increase ground clearance as it is a solid axle vehicle and only increasing the wheel assembly diameter will increase ground clearance. Also a lift raises the centre of gravity, making it more tippy off and on road and increasing a chance of a roll over. Unless a suspension lift includes bump stop extensions and longer shocks then in realty all you have achieved is an aesthetic change at best and made the vehicle worse off road and harder to get in and out of. If you are strictly a mall crawler and never intend to put the vehicle into situations where full suspension compression will be realized then I guess this solution will allow larger wheels than the stock suspension.
Not true about looks only, a lift increases the chick attraction, mall crawler appeal and best of all owner coolness rating

But seriously, all serious 4wder lift their car with a lift kit because it improves , approach, ramp over and departure angles which makes any 4wd significantly more capable in off road conditions

Back
Top Bottom