The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Overlanding and suspension lift

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
WRT to the removable winch, there are no suspension adjustments. It is a removable accessory that may be fitted to either the front or the back of the vehicle (assuming you option in the front hitch).

You won’t gain clearance by lifting the suspension as the diff housing will still be at the same height, you will only gain in your entry and departure angle meaning you won’t scrape the front or back as you go through steep inclines or declines as much. The main reason to do a lift is to be able to fit larger diameter wheels, it is fitting the larger wheels that will get you more clearance. That said you could probably go up to 33” tires on the grenadier without a lift and from the way you describe your off-road aspirations you should do just fine with either the stock wheels or 33” anyway.

Every one will give you free advice, mine is to buy it and start using it. If you then find there is something that you want to do and the vehicle is holding you back - that is the time to think about lifts and things like that.

The winch is in my opinion a necessity if you’re going overlanding by yourself. If you’re going with mates then you have other ways of getting yourself out, just make sure you spend some time at a bare minimum watching a YouTube channel like madmatt 4WD or similar to get across some of the key safety concerns with vehicle recovery. Or even better do a course.

Personally I’ll be keeping mine stock standard until such time that there are some well engineered solutions to change the diff gearing to suit larger wheels, when that happens I’ll change from the 265/70R17 tires to something around 295/70R17 and 2” of lift to accomodate the wheels if necessary. This mirrors what I’ve run on my landcruisers which has been as capable as I’ve needed on any trip I’ve taken in Australia.
Having just seen an early prototype for the first time, the concerns I was left with were the height and vulnerability of the chassis mounting points for the rear suspension and the rear skid plate. They all sit low and had taken some heavy punishment as a result. Dealer was clear that the production model will have all this raised and less vulnerable. Tail ground clearance was a big issue on my 2004 discovery.

Has anyone seen a later prototype/early production model to confirm this? Sorry if this has been dealt with elsewhere.

Overall was very impressed and will be going ahead with the order (Oct slot, delivery said to be likely Dec) despite this.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:23 PM
Reaction score
Is this a help?

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is this a help?
It certainly is. Substantial improvement and no longer a concern. Thank you Bemax

EdSardar

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Anybody know how much we can lift these things without going crazy & messing up all the electronics & voiding the warranty ?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anybody know how much we can lift these things without going crazy & messing up all the electronics & voiding the warranty ?
No

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
On the second part of your question any lift will compromise warranty to some extent on any car, no manufacturer is going to tell you it’s ok to change geometry of drivelines etc and then covering you if it causes damage. Not saying don’t do it, but do it with your eyes open.

We know people have done at least 30mm suspension lift with the Eibach kit, plus multiple people have put at least 33” tyres on with no reports of issues I am aware of.

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom