The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Prototype Eibach 2.5” leveling + lift

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score

travelerBT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi Bohdi's Grenadier, Damm she looks great!
Let's spell out what you have done.
Rim brand, model, size and offset?
Tire brand, modlel and size 285/75r17?
Any excessive tire noise compared to stock.
Spring brand, front and back lift?
Last, how is she riding compared to stock.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks for the roof height.
Dabull
second this... Add any rubbing or trimming needed?

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Bohdi's Grenadier, Damm she looks great!
Let's spell out what you have done.
Rim brand, model, size and offset?
Tire brand, modlel and size 285/75r17?
Any excessive tire noise compared to stock.
Spring brand, front and back lift?
Last, how is she riding compared to stock.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks for the roof height.
Dabull
Thank you!
Reika rambler R35 I believe. 17x8, et35
Toyo open country RT trail 285/75/r17
These tires are quiet in comparison to MT’s I’ve ran, probably better than the KO2’s
These are the springs tha Eibach prototyped for the US market that are now available. Front 2.5”, rear 1.2”
Rides great in comparison to stock, way less body roll, feels more planted. Ride will improve once we get the prototype Eibach remote reservoir shocks on in the next few weeks.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
My little door clears the 35x11.5 17 spare by millimeters after adding a couple of M14 washers to the conical studs on the spare mount.

MotoBenny

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Bohdi that looks amazing! I'm just about to receive my Grenadier and want to pull the trigger on 285/75R17s as well. Can I bug you to answer a few questions please?
1. how does the transmission like that tire size? Is it shifting well and feel pretty normal? It's a 7% jump in size so I worry it might shift at odd times or feel under geared.
2. Not that it's a deal breaker, but how much worse did fuel mileage get? (I worry more about overall range and still don't know why they spec'd this vehicle with such a small fuel tank...)
3. Any concerns about voiding the warranty? Did you local dealer give the OK for this?
Thanks!

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bohdi that looks amazing! I'm just about to receive my Grenadier and want to pull the trigger on 285/75R17s as well. Can I bug you to answer a few questions please?
1. how does the transmission like that tire size? Is it shifting well and feel pretty normal? It's a 7% jump in size so I worry it might shift at odd times or feel under geared.
2. Not that it's a deal breaker, but how much worse did fuel mileage get? (I worry more about overall range and still don't know why they spec'd this vehicle with such a small fuel tank...)
3. Any concerns about voiding the warranty? Did you local dealer give the OK for this?
Thanks!
Transmission feels fine. No change there except the speedometer seems to be reading about 1mph off sometimes.

Gas mileage seems about the same.

I’m not concerned about the warranty. It’s not that much bigger of a tire and the demands on the engine and drive train are probably well within limits.

ZemTyrion

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
I figured I would mention I just did the Eibach 2.5/1.2in lift. I thought about doing it myself, but then I remembered what my graduate advisor said 20 years ago - I am the laziest grad student he ever had. So I asked the people who worked on my previous car, Toytec Lifts in Denver. Despite the name they were very happy to help out, and they said they'd love to see more. But anyway, I went with the same 285/75R17 as mentioned because I didn't want to push the limits on my own, and Falken Wild Peak AT4, load rating E. The spare was very close, but the rear door opens with just a few millimeters to spare (no need for a new bracket just yet).

Now I just need to figure out how to get a step on the rock sliders. Or different rock sliders. I am not exactly graceful getting in, and my wife is 5'3".

Oh, and I also made the roof green because I like color. Not a great photo because I only did this yesterday, but you get the idea.
PXL_20240413_175434479.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
Now I just need to figure out how to get a step on the rock sliders. Or different rock sliders. I am not exactly graceful getting in, and my wife is 5'3".
Consider something DIY like this one I knocked up last week using quality U bolts. Next one will be a little wider, but in normal shoes (not hiking boots) my wife can use this.
20240405_103254.jpg

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
That looks like a proper bush fix there Tazzie.

I assume you are just playing around with ideas at the minute.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks!
No rowing, transmission feels fine.

Gas mileage is the same, really it’s the fact that it’s a flying brick that kills the mileage.

The lift does not void the warranty. Abuse from now fitting larger tires and doing harder trails could be sited as a contributing factors to breakage, which a dealer could use as rationale to refuse warranty work. I’m really only concerned with the motor and tranny being covered by warranty, which I doubt 34-35” tires would really affect much. These axles are bigger than D44’s, maybe somewhere between a D44 and D60 so not really a concern for me.

Back
Top Bottom